"Big and friendly with a great reputation."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"The assessment day comprises three main parts: the group exercise, the aptitude tests,..."
"Staff recognise that the work/life balance is important. Partners and senior solicitors..."
"PSC training is provided by Fresh and is good-quality. It is also a good chance to..."
"The feedback differs from team to team. In the majority of situations the supervision..."
"We've only just moved into a new office and it's brilliant. The decision to put the..."
"The hours you work totally depends on the team you are in and on how busy that team..."
"The pay is quite good once you qualify. It's not on a par with London firms, but..."
"You are given accommodation expenses if you undertake a training seat in another..."
"An assessment day including a group exercise, aptitude tests and a one-on-one interview..."
"Usual questions on why law, why this firm and general discussion about my CV. Surprisingly,..."
"There is an emphasis on not printing."
"There was a high proportion of women in both teams I have sat in and there are female..."
"I am exposed to a wide variety of work and trusted to manage my own workload."
"We are not actively encouraged to participate in pro bono work."
"A very friendly place to work and lots of good quality work."
"The salary doesn't take the cost of living in Cambridge into account."
"Mills & Reeve is the obvious choice in East Anglia and also a credible alternative..."
"The retention rates generally have been very good over the past few years. The firm..."
"Last Christmas we had a 'pod decorating' competition. Each participating department..."
"Strong reputation for expert advice."
"We have a school mentoring scheme which promotes social mobility."
"There are times which are stressful, but that can depend on the workload."
"More secretaries to ease the administrative workloads."