"Ambitious and collaborative."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form with competency-based questions. There is then an online..."
"Everyone is willing to help, no matter how busy they are. There are plenty of team..."
"The training programmes at Mills & Reeve are really good. We have legal updates for..."
"The mentors are often available and there is always someone else to ask advice from..."
"The Norwich offices are about ten years old and fairly modern. The Cambridge office..."
"It depends on the team. I was working very long hours in my first year but now I..."
"Pay could be better but the bonus system is very good and applies equally to all..."
"We have a summer drinks event coming up and there will be some money behind the bar...."
"I started with an application form for vacation scheme which was then followed by..."
"I don't recall any competency-based questions. I had mentioned that I did some work..."
"Recycling facilities are provided, but some teams are better than others at using..."
"The firm goes out of its way to ensure diversity in its work force, and there is..."
"The firm are very aware that trainees are there to learn, not to be used purely as..."
"The Birmingham office is involved in FLAG (the Free Legal Advice Group) in conjunction..."
"Friendly people. Good work life balance. Real responsibility."
"There are differing levels of responsibility given to trainees across the seats which..."
"The work/life balance and culture were key, as was the variety of work and big clients..."
"The retention rates have recently been very good and the firm really invests its..."
"The firm is the only law firm to have made the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to..."
"Friendly, ambitious, reputable and fun."
"Most trainees appear to be from privileged backgrounds unfortunately, but I do not..."
"The work/life balance is very good and you always feel supported."
"Increase the salary."