"Leader outside London"
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"Candidates should let their attributes come through at interview and at the assessment..."
"You get exposure to people at all levels of the firm with some partners even acting..."
"The firm's training contract has six four-month seats, which is different to most..."
"I have found this to be variable. Typically I find that those slightly more junior..."
"Some offices are better than others. The London, Cambridge, Manchester and Leeds..."
"My hours are generally 9.00 am to 6.00 pm. Supervisors are generally flexible if..."
"The pay is exactly the same as at other firms in the region and in our market. As..."
"Trainees get tickets for all sorts of interesting events where M&R has a presence,..."
"As with most law firms competition for training contracts is fierce."
"Dedication to the local area of the office, commercial awareness questions relating..."
"Lots of departments are 'paperless' and all documents are stored online."
"The firm takes diversity seriously, which can probably be seen by the many partners..."
"You obviously receive the trainee tasks that you can get at any firm, such as bundling,..."
"There's either a lack of pro bono work or not enough awareness of it."
"Exposure to high-profile, high quality work."
"Trainee workloads can sometimes vary across seats."
"I had heard really good things about the firm from other people. I also knew that..."
"There has been 100% of retention of the trainees in the Norwich office this year..."
"Last Christmas we had a 'pod decorating' competition. Each participating department..."
"Fun, hardworking and caring."
"Most trainees appear to be from privileged backgrounds unfortunately, but I do not..."
"There are times which are stressful, but that can depend on the workload."
"Give more choice to trainees in which seats they can do and try to be more accommodating..."