"A national firm with expertise in a wide variety of areas, including..."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"Know the firm's ambitions on expanding/recent history of growth/show commitment to..."
"People are friendly and approachable. We are completely open plan and it is easy..."
"We have some excellent contracted professional skills course providers and this is..."
"I think this is a real strength. We are open-plan in the office which means we talk..."
"The firm's office and space is generally very good. IT can be difficult and it can..."
"Hours have been great and I will work between 8.30 am and 6.00 pm in general. I feel..."
"I am happy with pay for my level and we are rewarded with a bonus around Christmas..."
"The firm will cover your rent if you do a seat elsewhere; choice in offices; socialising..."
"The interview process for the vacation scheme was very rigorous and included an assessment..."
"The majority of questions were based on my application form. Other questions related..."
"A great emphasis has been placed on our environmental footprint in general by reducing..."
"There is some flexibility for those who have children. There is lots of emphasis..."
"I am trusted to communicate with clients via telephone and email, etc, largely unsupervised...."
"This year I have chaired the Birmingham's office pro bono scheme which provides legal..."
"Good training opportunities, good client contact and variation of work delegated...."
"One minor negative would be the trainee salary, particularly in Cambridge where living..."
"Mills & Reeve is the obvious choice in East Anglia and also a credible alternative..."
"The firm has an excellent retention rate and will usually try to find ways of retaining..."
"We are also known as Mills & Ravers!"
"Collaborative, supportive and ambitious."
"I don't really know how the firm promotes social mobility except for providing lots..."
"Not too stressful - in general people listen if you are very busy and haven't got..."
"Improve office space but this is not directly related to 'training'. It does however..."