"Sociable, welcoming and interesting."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"Candidates who are keen to learn, personable and are willing to go the extra mile...."
"Most days I work 9.00 am to 6.00 pm and take an hour lunch up in our sixth floor..."
"On starting at the firm, there is lots of training in a short space of time to get..."
"The firm has a very thorough review process - which ensures we receive regular feedback...."
"The Norwich and Cambridge offices are very modern with excellent facilities. The..."
"The hours you work totally depends on the team you are in and on how busy that team..."
"Pay could be better but the bonus system is very good and applies equally to all..."
"You are given accommodation expenses if you undertake a training seat in another..."
"An assessment day including a group exercise, aptitude tests and a one-on-one interview..."
"A lot of questions were about myself and why I wanted to practise law at M&R. Ultimately,..."
"Intentions to go paperless and in the process of doing so."
"We have recently employed a diversity manager who looks at how we recruit and support..."
"I've found that you get what you ask for. If you show a keen interest and willingness..."
"The Cambridge and Birmingham offices run the Free Legal Advice Group which sees lawyers..."
"The work/life balance, people, level of responsibility and interesting work."
"Not always enough work to do."
"The culture, location, high-quality work and six-seat training contract."
"It varies each year and there is a lot of uncertainty."
"It has worked for big names in the football world."
"Driven. Committed. Ambitious."
"The firm offers to pay for the LPC and provides a maintenance grant for all applicants..."
"Not too stressful - in general people listen if you are very busy and haven't got..."
"There could be more regular team meetings (in certain seats) to ensure that trainees..."