"Friendly and collaborative."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"Be genuine. My interview involved a number of questions about why I had chosen the..."
"There is a very flat structure at M&R. The partners do not have their own offices..."
"You are able to do six seats in departments across the firm and are encouraged to..."
"A good review process with mid- and end-seat reviews and colleagues are genuinely..."
"The offices are all in convenient locations and are all being refurbished. The dress..."
"Working hours vary between teams, but I usually expect to work from 8:30am-6:30pm...."
"Mills & Reeve pay very well for a Norwich firm - I have had no problems with the..."
"There are plenty of opportunities for client lunches and dinners as well as opportunities..."
"Application form, assessment day with an interview. The assessment includes a 'break..."
"I had not studied law at the stage of my interview so questions were based on the..."
"There are recycling units and no bins are provided in an effort to encourage people..."
"The firm takes diversity seriously, which can probably be seen by the many partners..."
"I have had lots of client contact in some seats more than others (Family, Commercial..."
"Some individuals are really committed, which is amazing. The firm has just halved..."
"Great supervision combined with high levels of responsibility and high quality work...."
"There are differing levels of responsibility given to trainees across the seats which..."
"The work/life balance, the fact it is one of the best firms in Norwich, the potential..."
"I think the firm tries hard to retain as many of its trainees as possible."
"M&R has been ranked for the last thirteen consecutive years as a Sunday Times 'Best..."
"Sociable, friendly and high quality."
"We have a school mentoring scheme which promotes social mobility."
"There are times which are stressful, but that can depend on the workload."
"I would like to see the firm take some steps to improve the consistency of the trainee..."