"A top tier firm with a friendly approach."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"Apply for the vacation scheme - the majority of trainees are recruited this way...."
"People are friendly and approachable. We are completely open plan and it is easy..."
"Extensive training both practical on-the-job and through practical skills courses...."
"Mentoring is great. My allocated trainee principal (mentor) is really helpful and..."
"The offices are all modern, open-plan and pleasant to be in. All are close to public..."
"The firm is flexible and there are lots of lawyers who work flexible hours or part..."
"The pay in Cambridge is not enough to save, rent and live. You can do two of those..."
"Corporate hospitality at football matches are like gold dust, but I've been lucky..."
"Online application followed by an invitation to an assessment day with group exercises..."
"My interview was largely a "getting to know you" type of interview but I think it..."
"The firm e-files where it can and takes measures to help the environment such as..."
"There have been pushes to improve diversity, employees' knowledge of the schemes..."
"The work I receive has been great from the start. I have taken on real responsibility..."
"The firm has a well established pro bono initiative; FLAG (Free Legal Advice Group)..."
"Supportive colleagues and genuinely interesting clients."
"The firm is not necessarily the most innovative but it is trying to shake that image..."
"The firm seemed to have a really friendly culture, a great range of work, a variety..."
"I have been offered a job on qualification, but I understand that retention rates..."
"We do a firm-wide charity challenge each year which is gruelling but so much fun..."
"Great people and a collaborative atmosphere."
"Working with charities such as INTO University to encourage children from less privileged..."
"There are times which are stressful, but that can depend on the workload."
"Better salaries, based on the rental market of the city in which the office is."