"National firm with high-profile work for high-profile clients...."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"I think Mills & Reeve look for someone who is intelligent, practical, friendly and..."
"The firm has a highly collaborative culture. We work together closely and combine..."
"We have a really excellent six seat training contract. Moving every four months takes..."
"Colleagues of all levels, including partners, are so accessible and happy to answer..."
"Cambridge has just moved to a brand new six floor office in the centre of Cambridge..."
"I rarely have to work very late and when I do I feel I am really contributing so..."
"I really like that there is an all-firm bonus where the same amount is given to everyone..."
"Tickets to Norwich City Football Club box."
"I applied for the summer placement for the January 31st deadline - I then had to..."
"My interview was more of an informal chat talking about points in my application..."
"We are working hard to become a paperless firm."
"The firm has an LGBT+ group and has just recruited a diversity manager."
"Very dependent upon department. In some departments I was running my own files and..."
"I am not aware that any office, other than Birmingham, has a pro bono project."
"Supportive colleagues and genuinely interesting clients."
"The pay is not as good as some competing firms."
"The existing client base and the firm's ambition to grow in the regions rather than..."
"I think the firm tries hard to retain as many of its trainees as possible."
"We do an annual charity challenge, which is very big in the firm's consciousness...."
"A national firm with expertise in a wide variety of areas, including public sector...."
"I don't really know how the firm promotes social mobility except for providing lots..."
"There are times which are stressful, but that can depend on the workload."
"The pay could be increased to be competitive with similar firms."