"A forward-looking, dynamic organisation."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"Highlight an area of the firm that genuinely interests you. Mills & Reeve does work..."
"Very friendly firm with a good atmosphere - you will always find someone to go to..."
"The training programme varies from team to team and is informal. I have enjoyed the..."
"Almost everyone at M&R is approachable and willing to help support and mentor you..."
"I'm in Cambridge so it is great. Other places are in need of a bit of a revamp, though..."
"The firm is pretty flexible, especially for the legal profession. If you're busy..."
"Pay is not bad and I wouldn't really expect to be paid more as a trainee. However,..."
"There's a very flexible benefits scheme."
"The interview was professional and conversational, rather than a series of rigid..."
"I was asked about my previous work experience (having not done a vacation scheme..."
"The firm has extensive recycling facilities and uses eco-friendly lighting as much..."
"There was a high proportion of women in both teams I have sat in and there are female..."
"The role of a trainee varies greatly from seat to seat. Contentious seats offer a..."
"The firm has a well established pro bono initiative; FLAG (Free Legal Advice Group)..."
"The firm has a collegiate and non-hierarchical culture that makes it a fantastic..."
"The temperature in the office can sometimes be unpredictable."
"I chose Mills & Reeve due to the reputation of the firm as a good place to work and..."
"The retention rates at my firm are generally very good although naturally, for business..."
"Our office is decorated with paintings of local artists. These are usually changed..."
"Down to earth and welcoming."
"Attend various career events at local schools/universities."
"The work/life balance is very good and you always feel supported."
"More employment opportunities."