"Strong reputation for expert advice."
- There’s a good amount of responsibility and client contact that increases over time.
- The firm has a relaxed, collaborative and social culture.
- Hours are flexible to give an emphasis on maintaining a work/life balance.
- Trainees are given excellent training and mentoring.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- While the firm hosts social events, some trainees feel there could be more.
- Some would like to see improvements in the IT systems.
- Trainees could be informed about seat moves earlier.
What insiders say about...
"The application process consisted of a group exercise, verbal/numerical reasoning..."
"We have an open-plan office which means we have access to those at all levels of..."
"The training courses are very well organised and the firm provides many opportunities..."
"Senior lawyers are very accessible. My principal (a partner) is one of my favourite..."
"Cambridge has just moved to a brand new six floor office in the centre of Cambridge..."
"Hours are genuinely very good. As long as you do your work, there's no culture of..."
"In my opinion the salary could be higher. Especially given we are doing London work...."
"If you are at work after 8:00pm, you can claim your taxi fare home back. There are..."
"You have to complete an online application to start with and then you get invited..."
"A lot of questions were about myself and why I wanted to practise law at M&R. Ultimately,..."
"Intentions to go paperless and in the process of doing so."
"I am aware that there is an LGBT group but other than that I don't really know. Seems..."
"As a trainee your role differs depending on the workload and team. I have attended..."
"The firm is actively involved in the 'business in the community' project and I have..."
"High levels of responsibility and client contact at an early stage."
"The air conditioning - it's never right."
"The reputation for being a friendly and collaborative place to work as evidenced..."
"Retention rates have been good for the last couple of years, and generally there..."
"Mills & Reeve was part of the original M5 group."
"A great place to work with great people."
"Attend various career events at local schools/universities."
"There are times which are stressful, but that can depend on the workload."
"I'd like to see more consistency across seats. Some are excellent at getting trainees..."