"Pragmatic, but with a little eccentricity."
- The firm is welcoming and does not feel hierarchical.
- Managers are good at providing feedback and informal training.
- The remuneration is at the top end of London salaries.
- A lot of pro bono work is offered and it counts towards billable hours.
- Some departments require long hours that can be challenging.
- While people do socialise outside of the office, events are rarely organised by the firm.
- There is not a lot of structured formal training.
- Some admin processes can be long and lack transparency.
What insiders say about...
"There is a vacation scheme, but this is not mandatory for a successful training contract..."
"While the hours can be quite intense every now and again, there are often times where..."
"The training programmes at our firm are slightly less structured than they would..."
"Informal training is great and feedback is always there if you ask for it."
"The location is stunning with most offices facing on to St. Paul's Cathedral. It's..."
"I would say I work from 9.00 am to about 7.30 pm on average. However, no two days..."
"We're paid a very good salary but I'm unclear about bonuses."
"We get given small things at Christmas and Easter as well as hand-signed Christmas..."
"We discussed my answers on the application form as well as my experiences in law..."
"The firm is good at encouraging green initiatives. For example, we recently received..."
"I've started an LGBT society and there is a wonderful diversity partner who is always..."
"I was assigned an extremely high quality of work in my first seat and all of it was..."
"There is a good amount of pro bono work at the firm and projects range from legal..."
"The small firm and relatively flat hierarchy makes it easier to build relationships...."
"You have to accept that weeknight socialising is going to be difficult. It's common..."
"The reputation and size of the office. I knew that I would get good training as a..."
"The firm prides itself on taking on as many of its trainees as possible. Your chances..."
"We are one of the top five growing offices in London."
"The BFG (Big Friendly Giant)."
"More certainty and transparency around the seat allocation process."