"Pragmatic, but with a little eccentricity."
- The firm is welcoming and does not feel hierarchical.
- Managers are good at providing feedback and informal training.
- The remuneration is seen as being very good.
- A lot of pro bono work is offered and it counts towards billable hours.
- Some departments require long hours that can be challenging.
- While people do socialise outside of the office, events are rarely organised by the firm.
- There is not a lot of structured formal training.
- Some admin processes can be long and lack transparency.
What insiders say about...
"My best tip is to be sure to mention any non-legal or commercial work experience...."
"The structure and hierarchy is very informal in the office, certainly in my experience...."
"There has not been much in the way of formal training (apart from in the corporate..."
"This is usually very good. Associates and partners are keen to give informal training..."
"The offices are in a beautiful location directly overlooking the steps of St Paul's..."
"This very much depends on the department. My experience is that they are flexible..."
"Pay is near the top end of legal salaries in the City. However, a pay rise is due..."
"Free dinners, free taxis, free dental treatment and insurance."
"It was more of a friendly chat and we spoke about many things including my work experience,..."
"The firm currently has a big environmental initiative to reduce waste and be more..."
"There are lots of committees and events to further diversity."
"The work in my seats so far has generally been of a very high standard. I have drafted..."
"We have lots of pro bono and everyone must meet their target hours of pro bono work...."
"The small teams result in you getting given more responsibility and working more..."
"Some of the departments are very focused on particular areas, which means that you..."
"I know that I have far more responsibility here than I would compared to Magic Circle..."
"The retention rates tend to be good given the small intake."
"Both the managing partner of the London office and the global chair are female."
"Ambitious, friendly and hard working."
"We could have more support for trainee well-being."