"Friendly, progressive and challenging."
- The firm is welcoming and does not feel hierarchical.
- Managers are good at providing feedback and informal training.
- The remuneration is seen as being very good.
- A lot of pro bono work is offered and it counts towards billable hours.
- Some departments require long hours that can be challenging.
- While people do socialise outside of the office, events are rarely organised by the firm.
- There is not a lot of structured formal training.
- Some admin processes can be long and lack transparency.
What insiders say about...
"There is a vacation scheme, but this is not mandatory for a successful training contract..."
"The firm does not have much of a social aspect but everyone is generally quite friendly...."
"There's a lack of formal training compared with UK firms, but this is to be expected...."
"For the most part everyone is very accessible and you just have to gauge how busy..."
"The location is great and the view is great, the lack of a cafeteria is not great...."
"Most associates and partners have a very reasonable and realistic view on hours...."
"It's more than reasonable for what is expected of us."
"The quality of its pension scheme is high and there's free fruit every day."
"I was asked various question and most were about myself, my interests, my experience..."
"This area could be better, though there is a conscious drive to improve it."
"There's very good encouragement of diversity here, with a number of initiatives and..."
"There's high-quality work on a weekly (if not daily) basis. There's a substantive..."
"The firm has an absolute commitment to pro bono. It is mandatory to reach certain..."
"There are high levels of responsibility within a controlled environment, especially..."
"The social aspect of the firm could be improved and the teams tend to be small."
"The reputation and size of the office. I knew that I would get good training as a..."
"As the firm is currently quite small, there is a risk that you will not be retained..."
"It's interesting (and commendable) that so many key positions within the London office..."
"Collaborative and growing."
"More certainty and transparency around the seat allocation process."