"The BFG (Big Friendly Giant)."
- The firm is welcoming and does not feel hierarchical.
- Managers are good at providing feedback and informal training.
- The remuneration is seen as being very good.
- A lot of pro bono work is offered and it counts towards billable hours.
- Some departments require long hours that can be challenging.
- While people do socialise outside of the office, events are rarely organised by the firm.
- There is not a lot of structured formal training.
- Some admin processes can be long and lack transparency.
What insiders say about...
"The interviews are mainly about you as a person and what unique qualities and experiences..."
"There is a good level of teamwork and the firm is generally friendly. This can vary..."
"The training programmes at our firm are slightly less structured than they would..."
"Partners and associates are always available to talk informally and you will get..."
"Our offices are good but lack facilities found in bigger firms such as a canteen..."
"The hours can be long at times but people can certainly be flexible if you communicate..."
"It's more than reasonable for what is expected of us."
"We get free dinners after 8.00 pm and free taxis after 10.00 pm. I've heard that..."
"Why the firm? Why law? What will be the impact of Brexit on the firm's clients?"
"The firm is doing well on this. It recently stopped providing throwaway plastic cups..."
"The firm has a great record on diversity, whether it's from the point of view of..."
"Tasks vary tremendously. A lot of responsibility and client contact is given to you..."
"I've worked on a variety of pro bono projects. I recently acted for a group of residents..."
"The small trainee intake and small teams means that you are exposed to high-quality..."
"There's uncertainty surrounding future seats."
"I was approached at the Oxford University law fair and encouraged to apply for a..."
"There are more trainees now than before but they should keep most of us on."
"We represented Sainsbury's on the seminal interchange fee case in the Court of Appeal...."
"Friendly, exciting and supportive."
"We could have more support for trainee well-being."