"Serious but friendly."
- The firm is welcoming and does not feel hierarchical.
- Managers are good at providing feedback and informal training.
- The remuneration is seen as being very good.
- A lot of pro bono work is offered and it counts towards billable hours.
- Some departments require long hours that can be challenging.
- While people do socialise outside of the office, events are rarely organised by the firm.
- There is not a lot of structured formal training.
- Some admin processes can be long and lack transparency.
What insiders say about...
"The interviews are mainly about you as a person and what unique qualities and experiences..."
"While the hours can be quite intense every now and again, there are often times where..."
"There's a large amount for associates but not as much for trainees."
"Everyone is very accessible and usually very good at taking the time to explain things...."
"We're in a great location and have a lot of space. However, there is a bit of a lack..."
"I am generally kept busy and will regularly leave between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm. I..."
"The salary is very good, although it should really be in line with the top US firms...."
"You are always entitled to free dinners and free taxis home when working late as..."
"The questions were mainly about my work experience, my hobbies, how I balance work..."
"The firm is good at encouraging green initiatives. For example, we recently received..."
"There's very good encouragement of diversity here, with a number of initiatives and..."
"There's high-quality work on a weekly (if not daily) basis. There's a substantive..."
"There is a good amount of pro bono work at the firm and projects range from legal..."
"The quality and level of work we receive."
"Some of the departments are very focused on particular areas, which means that you..."
"The small trainee cohort size and the firm's prestige."
"The retention rates tend to be good given the small intake."
"The firm has a 'SPARK' initiative that encourages employees to produce innovative..."
"Collaborative and growing."
"More clarity on the seat allocation process and knowing whether you will be kept..."