"Ambitious, friendly and hard working."
- The firm is welcoming and does not feel hierarchical.
- Managers are good at providing feedback and informal training.
- The remuneration is seen as being very good.
- A lot of pro bono work is offered and it counts towards billable hours.
- Some departments require long hours that can be challenging.
- While people do socialise outside of the office, events are rarely organised by the firm.
- There is not a lot of structured formal training.
- Some admin processes can be long and lack transparency.
What insiders say about...
"I would always advise a student to be themselves in an interview and try not to come..."
"The culture in the office is generally very good. The people are friendly and most..."
"The team tries to include us in as much of the work as possible. We are given associate-level..."
"Informal training is great and feedback is always there if you ask for it."
"Our location is lovely and next to St. Paul's. The office layout could be better..."
"I am generally kept busy and will regularly leave between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm. I..."
"Pay is near the top end of legal salaries in the City. However, a pay rise is due..."
"The quality of its pension scheme is high and there's free fruit every day."
"I was asked competency-based questions (what differentiates me from other candidates..."
"I am not aware of any green initiatives."
"I've started an LGBT society and there is a wonderful diversity partner who is always..."
"Tasks vary tremendously. A lot of responsibility and client contact is given to you..."
"Every fee earner at the firm must do 20 hours of pro bono work per year as a minimum...."
"The quality of work that you get to do as a trainee is great because the small intake..."
"The administrative side of things can take a long time (finding out about qualifications,..."
"I know that I have far more responsibility here than I would compared to Magic Circle..."
"The firm has an impeccable record for retention. The only time this can slip is when..."
"We represented Sainsbury's on the seminal interchange fee case in the Court of Appeal...."
"A US firm with international scope and a friendly atmosphere."
"We could have more support for trainee well-being."