"Pragmatic, but with a little eccentricity."
- The firm is welcoming and does not feel hierarchical.
- Managers are good at providing feedback and informal training.
- The remuneration is seen as being very good.
- A lot of pro bono work is offered and it counts towards billable hours.
- Some departments require long hours that can be challenging.
- While people do socialise outside of the office, events are rarely organised by the firm.
- There is not a lot of structured formal training.
- Some admin processes can be long and lack transparency.
What insiders say about...
"There is a vacation scheme, but this is not mandatory for a successful training contract..."
"The structure and hierarchy is very informal in the office, certainly in my experience...."
"The training programmes at our firm are slightly less structured than they would..."
"Everyone is very accessible and usually very good at taking the time to explain things...."
"The location is great and the view is great, the lack of a cafeteria is not great...."
"The hours can be challenging, but I believe this is something that you have to appreciate..."
"We get paid very well but I don't yet know how bonuses work."
"Free dinners and lunches are frequent and the expenses of relocating for international..."
"There seems to be a trend in interviewers asking business strategy/business development..."
"The firm seems committed to reducing its impact on the environment. All plastic cutlery..."
"We have a female chair and a female managing partner in London. Nearly half of the..."
"I am kept very busy and I feel responsible for certain tasks. I am involved in all..."
"The firm is extremely committed to pro bono and everyone must meet a 20-hour pro..."
"There are high levels of responsibility within a controlled environment, especially..."
"The administrative side of things can take a long time (finding out about qualifications,..."
"There are great opportunities for international secondments. The fact that it is..."
"The firm prides itself on taking on as many of its trainees as possible. Your chances..."
"Tom Cruise's eponymous character in the film 'Jerry Maguire' was based on one of..."
"Friendly, exciting and supportive."
"There could be more transparency with the qualification process and seat selection...."