"Pragmatic, but with a little eccentricity."
- The firm is welcoming and does not feel hierarchical.
- Managers are good at providing feedback and informal training.
- The remuneration is seen as being very good.
- A lot of pro bono work is offered and it counts towards billable hours.
- Some departments require long hours that can be challenging.
- While people do socialise outside of the office, events are rarely organised by the firm.
- There is not a lot of structured formal training.
- Some admin processes can be long and lack transparency.
What insiders say about...
"There is a vacation scheme, but this is not mandatory for a successful training contract..."
"The firm does not have much of a social aspect but everyone is generally quite friendly...."
"There's a large amount for associates but not as much for trainees."
"We have mid-seat and end-of-seat reviews. I don't feel like I need anything else..."
"The offices are in a beautiful location directly overlooking the steps of St Paul's..."
"This very much depends on the department. My experience is that they are flexible..."
"Pay is near the top end of legal salaries in the City. However, a pay rise is due..."
"Free dinners, free taxis, free dental treatment and insurance."
"I was asked competency-based questions (what differentiates me from other candidates..."
"The firm could do more to with recycling and being green."
"There are lots of committees and events to further diversity."
"I'm generally satisfied. When you start a seat you'll be eased in with pretty simple..."
"They are so committed that pro bono work counts as normal billable work for the purposes..."
"The small firm and relatively flat hierarchy makes it easier to build relationships...."
"There's uncertainty surrounding future seats."
"The firm seems to have a sincere appreciation of people's non-law backgrounds and..."
"The retention rates tend to be good given the small intake."
"The firm has a 'SPARK' initiative that encourages employees to produce innovative..."
"Sets high expectations but is passionate about helping you to meet those expectations...."
"I'd like to see more formal supervision and training."