"Pragmatic, but with a little eccentricity."
- The firm is welcoming and does not feel hierarchical.
- Managers are good at providing feedback and informal training.
- The remuneration is seen as being very good.
- A lot of pro bono work is offered and it counts towards billable hours.
- Some departments require long hours that can be challenging.
- While people do socialise outside of the office, events are rarely organised by the firm.
- There is not a lot of structured formal training.
- Some admin processes can be long and lack transparency.
What insiders say about...
"Research the firm properly and know what you bring to the table."
"There isn't a particularly strong sense of hierarchy and most partners are very approachable..."
"The training programmes at our firm are slightly less structured than they would..."
"My supervisor has been a great mentor and constructive feedback has been given consistently...."
"It's a great location with a huge selection of lunch places. I was able to go for..."
"I tend to work long hours and there are a lot of extra demands of trainees on top..."
"This is an American firm and, as such, we are paid significantly more than typical..."
"We get free dinners after 8.00 pm and free taxis after 10.00 pm. I've heard that..."
"I was asked various question and most were about myself, my interests, my experience..."
"This area could be better, though there is a conscious drive to improve it."
"There's very good encouragement of diversity here, with a number of initiatives and..."
"I am incredibly satisfied with my work and my day-to-day role varies. Currently,..."
"There is a good amount of pro bono work at the firm and projects range from legal..."
"The small firm and relatively flat hierarchy makes it easier to build relationships...."
"There can be long hours in some departments and there are high expectations of you..."
"The firm seems to have a sincere appreciation of people's non-law backgrounds and..."
"As the firm is currently quite small, there is a risk that you will not be retained..."
"We represented Sainsbury's on the seminal interchange fee case in the Court of Appeal...."
"Ambitious, friendly and hard working."
"We could have more support for trainee well-being."