"Reliable, technical and internally focused."
- There’s a lot of socialising in the offices and the open-plan layout makes the hierarchy feel minimal.
- Graduates are able to work on a variety of high-value projects early on.
- Employees are shareholders in the company and are therefore able to benefit directly from its success.
- There is a wide range of perks on offer including generous pension contributions and many discounts.
- There are graduates who would like more direct contact with senior managers.
- The paths to career progression are seen as being non-transparent.
- Some of the offices and technology are dated and in need of upgrades.
- The salary, while fair, is not particularly competitive in the market.
What insiders say about...
"I would make your application personal to yourself and to the company. Read up about..."
"There is a sports and social committee that organises many events throughout the..."
"Office space is satisfactory, although does lack an area to sit and eat over lunch...."
"The work hours are relaxed and flexible as long as you complete your contracted number..."
"I think it's above industry average for graduates and definitely above some of the..."
"For me the unofficial perks are the best e.g. site visits around the NW Highlands,..."
"There was an application form followed by an interview if you are successful. You..."
"I was asked about my previous experience, my degree, if I knew anything about Mott..."
"Being environmentally aware is a key area of our industry so naturally it is a priority..."
"The line managers/seniors are always around and tend to make time if you request..."
"The industry is well known to be male dominated. However, the company is taking steps..."
"I'm aware that progression occurs through achieving charterships with further progression..."
"We constantly work on corporate social responsibility projects, especially regarding..."
"My role as a graduate within the company means that my responsibilities are generally..."
"The work is interesting and the salary is competitive. The hours are reasonable,..."
"If you have site visits as part of your work, it can mean a lot of travelling that..."
"We are one of the very few (if not only) large employee-owned civil engineering consultantcies..."
"Supportive, ethical and great."
"Mott MacDonald has a great work ethic, it treats its employees well and encourages..."
"Training budgets are generous so you can apply to go on relevant training courses..."
"Mott MacDonald work closely with the local communities, give talks in high schools..."
"Allow anyone to buy shares in the company when they work here. Maybe make it based..."