"Friendly with a good culture."
- Hours are seen as being good for the industry and working from home is available occasionally if needed.
- Access to a gym, doctors and dentist makes it a very healthy place to work.
- There are lots of training opportunities available to employees, especially early on.
- There’s a good company culture with strong teamwork and a hierarchy that’s seen as flatter than in other places.
- While entry-level pay is good, it’s seen as falling behind later in your career.
- Some feel it can be difficult to get placed into the specific role they want.
- Access to managers can vary so this is not reliable.
- There could be more transparency around internal placements.
What insiders say about...
"There's a graduate process involving an online application, online tests, an assessment..."
"Supportive and friendly team, always regarded me a substantial part of the team,..."
"Dress code is smart and the office is brand new and overlooking the river. The building..."
"My hours are about seven a week more than I'm contracted for but it's still very..."
"It's a great salary to start with but quickly falls behind competitors."
"Free dinners after 7.30. Chance to go for a lot of events your team organises. Free..."
"I had a first round interview in Zurich with one analyst and was then invited to..."
"My questions were mostly competency-based or about the role, company or myself."
"The office is promoting a paperless environment."
"Everyone's very accessible and there's a mentor/buddy scheme available. My manager..."
"Nomura is a truly multi cultural and multi lingual bank. The staff come from various..."
"There is a very clear framework of exactly what needs to be done to progress through..."
"I normally arrive at 7.00, when I start reading the news and updates from the previous..."
"The people are often very friendly and the culture is not as aggressive as other..."
"Long hours, sometimes a lot of pressure."
"The company has beehives on the roof to help with sustainability. We use the honey..."
"Exciting, respectful but demanding."
"I love the Japanese investment bank culture, the people and the experience of the..."
"Three day overview of company and financial markets. 1-on-1 training with my buddy..."
"Think about the employees and ensure you're doing everything to make sure they want..."