"Specialised and open to new ideas."
- Hours are seen as being good for the industry and working from home is available occasionally if needed.
- Access to a gym, doctors and dentist makes it a very healthy place to work.
- There are lots of training opportunities available to employees, especially early on.
- There’s a good company culture with strong teamwork and a hierarchy that’s seen as flatter than in other places.
- While entry-level pay is good, it’s seen as falling behind later in your career.
- Some feel it can be difficult to get placed into the specific role they want.
- Access to managers can vary so this is not reliable.
- There could be more transparency around internal placements.
What insiders say about...
"Prepare lots of examples for competency based questions and keep on top of the recent..."
"I think the company works hard to promote its charitable side and HR provided a range..."
"Nomura has a brand new, state of the art office. In my opinion I don’t think you’re..."
"Hours are fixed in the morning, which is the busiest time. But this will depend on..."
"It's a great salary to start with but quickly falls behind competitors."
"Car service. Sign bonus. Housing allowance."
"The interview questions that I was asked were very quantitative - lots of math questions..."
"There were general competency questions that were slightly technical and mostly about..."
"This is one of the main things I read about when researching the company, there is..."
"The buddy and mentor scheme is good for planning your career."
"Nomura has lots of different worker groups within the organisation that can come..."
"Promotions are not impossible but require a certain amount of smart networking. It's..."
"My responsibilities include taking and issuing minutes on 2 meetings (Credit and..."
"The people are often very friendly and the culture is not as aggressive as other..."
"There are days when the workload can be busy, and you can't really leave until it's..."
"You can get excellent drinks on a Thursday at the private rooftop bar."
"Evolving and forward thinking company that feels like a start-up but is already a..."
"I originally applied as Nomura targeted my university for recruitment and had a flexible..."
"Talks given by MD of each department- Fixed Income, Equities, Corporate Infrastructure,..."
"Offer more transparency on the internal mobility process both within and outside..."