"A supportive and ambitious place with great work."
- People at the firm are friendly, encouraging and supportive.
- There are excellent international opportunities including being able to do more than one seat abroad.
- Trainees are given a high level of responsibility and good quality work early on.
- Both formal and informal training are treated with high importance.
- The quality of work and levels of responsibility vary between departments.
- Hours can be long, though this again depends on the department.
- While historically good, retention rates appear to have dipped recently.
- There is not as much notice regarding seat moves as some would like.
What insiders say about...
"Read up on the news. Be aware of current headlines and developments on a global level...."
"The people are super friendly. Everyone in my department (without exception) dropped..."
"Training sessions are always being organised by the teams and the firm societies..."
"While I found it difficult to get in touch with mentors at times, I would say that..."
"Perhaps the most impressive office of all the City firms. Stunning views of Tower..."
"There is no concept of face-time in any of the teams I have worked in. The hours..."
"Bonuses could be better but pay is good and there is fairly quick progression, although..."
"At the firm there are lots of free drinks and food events, and a good women's network...."
"Since I started the process it has become increasingly more difficult, which matches..."
"I was asked why I wanted to work in (City) law, and which areas I am interested in...."
"The firm has lots of recycling initiatives, and attempt at reducing energy use to..."
"Norton Rose Fulbright genuinely cares about diversity. I feel like the firm is committed..."
"I have a fair amount of client interaction at meetings, and day-to-day my role includes..."
"Compulsory monthly pro bono. I teach children football each week at Tower Bridge..."
"The panoramic expanse that lies just beyond my window."
"The long hours and the fact that there are not many options for lunch other than..."
"Everyone I had met from here had always been very nice and encouraging. And the offices..."
"The firm has not posted particularly promising retention rates for the last two intakes,..."
"We have just started sponsoring McLaren-Mercedes F1 team."
"Fun and friendly environment."
"The opportunity to spend a day shadowing fee earners for those at inner city schools...."
"Only during the most intense periods is there stress. Otherwise the atmosphere is..."
"More transparency over new qualifier roles and the qualification process."