"Ambitious and focused. Cares deeply about its employees."
- People at the firm are friendly, encouraging and supportive.
- There are excellent international opportunities including being able to do more than one seat abroad.
- Trainees are given a high level of responsibility and good quality work early on.
- Both formal and informal training are treated with high importance.
- The quality of work and levels of responsibility vary between departments.
- Hours can be long, though this again depends on the department.
- While historically good, retention rates appear to have dipped recently.
- There is not as much notice regarding seat moves as some would like.
What insiders say about...
"My top tip is to prepare well for an interview by keeping up to date with current..."
"The office is very friendly and has a remarkably relaxed hierarchy. Having played..."
"Training is generally seat-specific, but there are opportunities for others such..."
"You have a trainee buddy assigned to you when you accept a training contract offer,..."
"The London office location is ideal: it is right on the river, near London Bridge/Borough..."
"Hours can be very long, which is to be expected at a large international firm. The..."
"Bonuses could be better but pay is good and there is fairly quick progression, although..."
"Perks are plentiful and these are varied. There are free/raffled tickets to opera,..."
"Since I started the process it has become increasingly more difficult, which matches..."
"In my vacation scheme interview, I was asked to justify a commercial topic I had..."
"We aren't allowed bins in our individual offices which encourages you to think about..."
"The firm is excellent at recruiting a diverse range of trainees and associates with..."
"I get a mixture of everything. Research, drafting and real problem-solving is about..."
"Trainees are required to carry out pro bono work in Croydon at least four times per..."
"The informal collegiate atmosphere and support network."
"Experiences can vary between departments."
"Their focus on energy and oil/gas was certainly an attraction for me."
"Retention rates are high as there are always more offers made than people taking..."
"In June 2013 Norton Rose will become Norton Rose Fulbright, one of the largest law..."
"Friendly, fun, hard-working and supportive - it feels like a family."
"Trainees and other fee earners and support staff are encouraged to take part in mentoring..."
"Can be stressful depending on deadlines but generally okay."
"Personally I believe that a wider range of seat choices would be great."