"Hard-working, principled, open, friendly."
- People at the firm are friendly, encouraging and supportive.
- There are excellent international opportunities including being able to do more than one seat abroad.
- Trainees are given a high level of responsibility and good quality work early on.
- Both formal and informal training are treated with high importance.
- The quality of work and levels of responsibility vary between departments.
- Hours can be long, though this again depends on the department.
- While historically good, retention rates appear to have dipped recently.
- There is not as much notice regarding seat moves as some would like.
What insiders say about...
"There was an application form and an interview day consisting of a written test and..."
"The culture is friendly and sociable. Most people are helpful. However, in some teams..."
"Training is generally seat-specific, but there are opportunities for others such..."
"Partners are generally very interested in trainee development and very willing to..."
"In my opinion these are the best offices out of all the firms I have seen, hands..."
"Hours can be very long, which is to be expected at a large international firm. The..."
"It seems to be pretty average for this type of firm."
"Perks include F1 tickets, rugby (Twickenham) tickets and some fun client lunches/dinners...."
"It's a pretty difficult process - last I checked we get about 2000 applications for..."
"I was asked ethical questions."
"The firm has lots of recycling initiatives, and attempt at reducing energy use to..."
"Very international, diverse and inclusive."
"Given a high level of responsibility in the second year of the training contract,..."
"Very committed. There's compulsory attendance at law centres throughout the contract...."
"Pluses include the sense of camaraderie in a good working environment coupled with..."
"I find that there can be stressful times when there is a lot to do, and I have done..."
"Strength in financial institutions practice, international focus."
"They seem to be good and it seems that the firm genuinely wants to keep you if possible..."
"We have offices in locations as diverse as Almaty, Bujumbura and Caracas."
"Diverse, civilised and inclusive."
"The opportunity to spend a day shadowing fee earners for those at inner city schools...."
"It can be stressful at times but it is important to respond to stress in a productive..."
"The firm needs a much clearer seat allocation process."