"High quality, varied and fun."
- People at the firm are friendly, encouraging and supportive.
- There are excellent international opportunities including being able to do more than one seat abroad.
- Trainees are given a high level of responsibility and good quality work early on.
- Both formal and informal training are treated with high importance.
- The quality of work and levels of responsibility vary between departments.
- Hours can be long, though this again depends on the department.
- While historically good, retention rates appear to have dipped recently.
- There is not as much notice regarding seat moves as some would like.
What insiders say about...
"The application process consists of submitting an application form and CV followed..."
"Very friendly and approachable colleagues, regular social events and nights out,..."
"More comprehensive than competitors."
"I would agree that both solicitors and partners are very accessible; even and especially..."
"The dress code is as I'd expect at a City law firm; office is fantastic with a view..."
"It varies team to team but I have found that, as long as the work gets done, there..."
"Pay is generally in line with the other City firms."
"At the firm we are given one-on-one sessions for free mortgage and financial planning..."
"I applied for a training contract. I was contacted very quickly and asked to an assessment..."
"I was asked about the dissertation topic for my English literature degree, my recommendations..."
"The fact that we have a leading renewable energy practice helps to focus attention..."
"They are trying hard to make things better. Lots of flexible working hours."
"Depends on the department and the partner. I've had experiences of very basic admin..."
"All trainees must participate in pro bono. My involvement has largely been on small..."
"Interesting work, good training and great colleagues."
"The firm has not kept up with some competitors in terms of remuneration."
"The global nature of the firm and top quality work."
"If you make a good impression and the department like you, I think they will make..."
"Sometimes, from the 9th floor terrace, you can see the Mayor of London hanging out..."
"Supportive, international and ambitious."
"PRIME work experience for students from less privileged backgrounds to introduce..."
"It can be stressful at times but it is important to respond to stress in a productive..."
"More structured training, such as a practice area training programme. Lunchtime sessions..."