"Friendly, but hardworking."
- People at the firm are friendly, encouraging and supportive.
- There are excellent international opportunities including being able to do more than one seat abroad.
- Trainees are given a high level of responsibility and good quality work early on.
- Both formal and informal training are treated with high importance.
- The quality of work and levels of responsibility vary between departments.
- Hours can be long, though this again depends on the department.
- While historically good, retention rates appear to have dipped recently.
- There is not as much notice regarding seat moves as some would like.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form, online tests and an assessment day. Prepare by knowing..."
"Very sociable - the trainee social committee has a very respectable budget given..."
"The 2 1/2 week induction programme is a little laboured but generally training is..."
"Both my supervisor and my allocated partner mentor (a purely pastoral role) have..."
"The London office location is ideal: it is right on the river, near London Bridge/Borough..."
"Overall, my hours have been very decent. I've rarely had to sit around waiting for..."
"The pay is really good, it increases from first year to second year trainees. It..."
"At the firm there are lots of free drinks and food events, and a good women's network...."
"One assessment day - the secret is to apply as early as you possibly can. Late applications..."
"I was asked the standard competency questions - example of being under pressure,..."
"The firm has lots of recycling bins and food waste bins. Working to reduce the firm's..."
"We have a very diverse workforce of people with all sorts of backgrounds."
"I am given a suitable level of responsibility and my work is frequently passed directly..."
"All trainees volunteer at a law centre in East London. Opportunities for reading..."
"The people are generally very friendly and welcoming. There is a good culture of..."
"Long hours and sometimes having to do mundane trainee tasks."
"The very international feel and opportunities for secondment. The friendly culture..."
"I think our firm has fair retention rates and I am confident in my future at the..."
"We were the only law firm to have a 'bring your dog to work day' this year."
"The firm is ambitious, and has high-growth in a global-reach."
"The firm works with underprivileged schools in Southwark; gives them work experience...."
"Only during the most intense periods is there stress. Otherwise the atmosphere is..."
"More flexible seat selection. Currently three out of the four are compulsory ones..."