"The best all round law firm in London."
- People at the firm are friendly, encouraging and supportive.
- There are excellent international opportunities including being able to do more than one seat abroad.
- Trainees are given a high level of responsibility and good quality work early on.
- Both formal and informal training are treated with high importance.
- The quality of work and levels of responsibility vary between departments.
- Hours can be long, though this again depends on the department.
- While historically good, retention rates appear to have dipped recently.
- There is not as much notice regarding seat moves as some would like.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure that you know what the firm's strategy is - they will probably ask you..."
"I have the same access to partners as I do junior associates. Whenever I stay late..."
"You could spend seven hours a day in training if you signed up for everything: the..."
"You are given a trainee mentor (one year ahead of you) and a partner mentor (who..."
"The offices are excellent - very impressive and well equipped."
"I am in one of the busiest departments but I can usually expect to leave by 7:30-8:00pm...."
"The recent trainee pay rise was seen as a big positive to the experience. We feel..."
"Cycle purchase scheme; subsidised gym memberships; Peroni at most Graduate Recruitment..."
"An assessment day (consisting of a written exercise, a group exercise and a two-partner..."
"I was asked: what do you think about pro bono work? Would you be prepared to work..."
"It has a lot of energy saving initiatives going on with air con/computers, etc. Inevitably..."
"Very international, diverse and inclusive."
"There's a significant amount of administrative tasks (updating bibles and bundles)...."
"Trainees must undertake compulsory pro bono work at the Law Centre in Croydon every..."
"Opportunities to work abroad. Very sociable. 'Open-door' office policy. Reasonable..."
"Long hours/weekends and some departments which do not give client contact/responsibility..."
"It is an ambitious firm with a strong heritage, and further, its brand appears to..."
"Retention has been up and down lately. I would appreciate a bit more transparency..."
"We are reigning Office Choir of the Year champions!"
"Large international law firm."
"The firm does lots of work with local schools and charities, with the aim of helping..."
"It can be stressful at times but it is important to respond to stress in a productive..."
"Revert back to four-month seats."