"Global and impressive. A good place to work."
- People at the firm are friendly, encouraging and supportive.
- There are excellent international opportunities including being able to do more than one seat abroad.
- Trainees are given a high level of responsibility and good quality work early on.
- Both formal and informal training are treated with high importance.
- The quality of work and levels of responsibility vary between departments.
- Hours can be long, though this again depends on the department.
- While historically good, retention rates appear to have dipped recently.
- There is not as much notice regarding seat moves as some would like.
What insiders say about...
"My general tip is that you should be wary of 'commercial awareness'. It has no meaning...."
"The culture is friendly and sociable. Most people are helpful. However, in some teams..."
"The 2 1/2 week induction programme is a little laboured but generally training is..."
"My trainee mentor is amazing but I do very little work for my direct supervisor...."
"Personally I am yet to see better law firm offices in London, and the offices speak..."
"My experience has been good so far with working hours: flexibility is offered and..."
"The pay is good as a trainee but new qualifier salaries will need to start catching..."
"At the firm there are lots of free drinks and food events, and a good women's network...."
"An assessment day (consisting of a written exercise, a group exercise and a two-partner..."
"They were mainly about my application and my grades. There were also some questions..."
"The fact that we have a leading renewable energy practice helps to focus attention..."
"The firm is good at looking to make diverse hires. My intake come from a real mix..."
"Given a high level of responsibility in the second year of the training contract,..."
"Pro bono is mandatory. I have found that, not least, trainees must attend a night..."
"The culture is great and the people are all very friendly. There's a good effort..."
"It is good to be out of the City but the location of the London office is not great..."
"I chose Norton Rose Fulbright because I wanted to work for a prestigious law firm..."
"The retention rates are generally very good. The firm works hard to recruit the right..."
"In June 2013 Norton Rose will become Norton Rose Fulbright, one of the largest law..."
"Fun, friendly and top-tier in many areas."
"The firm is involved in a number of schemes to promote the firm to applicants from..."
"Can be stressful depending on deadlines but generally okay."
"I think that the firm could hire more paralegals to give trainees greater support...."