"Ambitious and focused. Cares deeply about its employees."
- People at the firm are friendly, encouraging and supportive.
- There are excellent international opportunities including being able to do more than one seat abroad.
- Trainees are given a high level of responsibility and good quality work early on.
- Both formal and informal training are treated with high importance.
- The quality of work and levels of responsibility vary between departments.
- Hours can be long, though this again depends on the department.
- While historically good, retention rates appear to have dipped recently.
- There is not as much notice regarding seat moves as some would like.
What insiders say about...
"Commercial awareness is important but you don't need to be an expert. An international..."
"Great people in general, with awesome supervisors. Some teams will regularly do drinks..."
"Excellent. There is a considerable amount of training throughout the training contract...."
"My supervisors and in particular key junior associates have been extremely generous..."
"The office is in a great location, is new, has an excellent terrace suite and is..."
"The hours are often long and can be challenging. It is sometimes possible to leave..."
"I believe that it would be better if trainees could get bonuses, however, in Paris..."
"The firm is a patron of the Royal Opera House which means you get advance booking,..."
"One assessment day - the secret is to apply as early as you possibly can. Late applications..."
"There was a variety of questions. Most were related to me but there were also a couple..."
"The fact that we have a leading renewable energy practice helps to focus attention..."
"The firm are beyond committed to diversity. As a gay man I feel completely at liberty..."
"Over the course of my seats, the amount of responsibility I have had has averaged..."
"There are lots of pro bono opportunities to get involved in, and obligatory visits..."
"A good level of responsibility and supervision, along with good work."
"Endless administrative tasks (be it in banking or litigation)."
"The people I met during recruitment events drew me towards the firm."
"We've had very strong retention rates historically. This intake has had a poor retention..."
"We have a music room behind the office bar and you can often hear the choir practising..."
"Friendly, sociable, hard-working."
"PRIME work experience for students from less privileged backgrounds to introduce..."
"Can be stressful depending on deadlines but generally okay."
"Trainees could sit with senior associates more as I have found that they generally..."