"Supportive and innovative."
- Hours are often flexible, allowing people to have a good work/like balance.
- The training and experience gained on the scheme is very useful for progression in the industry.
- Graduates have the chance to work in multiple locations around the country and internationally.
- Managers make good mentors and offer helpful feedback to graduates.
- The salary is seen as lower than on other similar schemes.
- Some found frequent socialising a challenge due to the nature of placements.
- A lot of travel and moving can be required on the scheme.
- Some graduates would like more information about placements.
What insiders say about...
"When I applied there were a number of stages including an online application, aptitude..."
"There's a social environment and we're encouraged to take part in sports at lunch...."
"The nucleargraduates office is in the very modern Energus building in Workington...."
"It's mostly standard hours, but they range from secondment to secondment."
"There are 'jumps' post-scheme, where we are viewed as highly competent graduates,..."
"The training weeks can be great. For example, we had a week in London where we went..."
"Online application form, a video interview (with some 'thinking outside of the box'..."
"They asked me how comfortable I was moving around with work, what experience I had..."
"The organisation is small on physical assets, so I imagine this is not a particular..."
"Internal communication hasn't been an issue and support is there when needed. The..."
"The whole of the programme team are women. Diversity is accepted at nucleargraduates...."
"You cannot move up while on the graduate scheme, but it does provide a great base..."
"One of the main components is Footprints. This involves setting up all cohort members..."
"We get to go on secondments with different organisations to gain wider experience..."
"Each graduate is given a substantial training budget that can be used on any training..."
"Lack of communication from the sponsor companies to the graduates."
"The range of opportunities and good prospects."
"The scheme was created to fill a skills gap in an ageing industry."
"A short but intense grad scheme with great opportunities."
"I applied for the job due to the opportunities provided by the scheme. You get to..."
"Very good formal training from nucleargraduates in the case of training zones based..."
"Jobs advertised via internet and at recruitment events, and they provide expenses..."
"Increase pay or implement relocation support."