"Supportive, hardworking, friendly!"
- Hours are often flexible, allowing people to have a good work/like balance.
- The training and experience gained on the scheme is very useful for progression in the industry.
- Graduates have the chance to work in multiple locations around the country and internationally.
- Managers make good mentors and offer helpful feedback to graduates.
- The salary is seen as lower than on other similar schemes.
- Some found frequent socialising a challenge due to the nature of placements.
- A lot of travel and moving can be required on the scheme.
- Some graduates would like more information about placements.
What insiders say about...
"I filled out an application, did some psychometric tests and was then invited to..."
"The nucleargraduates team is very forward thinking and really helps you to develop..."
"The nucleargraduates office is in the very modern Energus building in Workington...."
"You work the hours of the company you are seconded too. Sometimes this is 40 hours..."
"The pay isn't the highest for a graduate scheme in the nuclear industry, but getting..."
"The continued personal development budget is unique to each graduate and is helpful..."
"The assessment centre pushes you to your limits via exercises like role play."
"Why did you choose this graduate scheme? Why did you pick your sponsor in particular?..."
"I am unsure. They rather we take public transport than drive."
"My initial contact with managers has been very promising, with a lot of effort put..."
"The nuclear industry is not currently very diverse. I think the nucleargraduates..."
"You cannot move up while on the graduate scheme, but it does provide a great base..."
"All of the graduates must commit a specified number of hours to corporate social..."
"Work is completely dependent on the placement company and line managers. Most of..."
"The opportunity to work for different companies and organisations while on the graduate..."
"As the scheme is rightfully growing quickly, the downside to this is the management..."
"The range of opportunities and good prospects."
"From its inception in 2006 the scheme has increased its number every year!"
"Opportunity and flexibility."
"The sponsoring companies which buy into the scheme are some of the best known names..."
"Nucleargraduates provides you with a CPD and T&S budget. We are allowed to pay for..."
"Jobs advertised via internet and at recruitment events, and they provide expenses..."
"Holding more of the core training in places other than Cumbria as it is a long way..."