"Supportive, hardworking, friendly!"
- Hours are often flexible, allowing people to have a good work/like balance.
- The training and experience gained on the scheme is very useful for progression in the industry.
- Graduates have the chance to work in multiple locations around the country and internationally.
- Managers make good mentors and offer helpful feedback to graduates.
- The salary is seen as lower than on other similar schemes.
- Some found frequent socialising a challenge due to the nature of placements.
- A lot of travel and moving can be required on the scheme.
- Some graduates would like more information about placements.
What insiders say about...
"They are looking for people with both technical strengths and leadership skills...."
"It's an extremely helpful and friendly place to work. In terms of structure it's..."
"Energus is a modern and well equipped office. The core training is typically held..."
"Working hours depend on the secondment. In my first secondment the hours were 7.30..."
"The salary is a touch below some other graduate schemes, but it is more than made..."
"A week-long paid trip abroad to see what the nuclear industry is like in other countries...."
"The nucleargraduates assessment centre was one of the most difficult assessment centres..."
"Where do you see yourself in five years? What are your strengths and weaknesses?"
"None of the companies I have been involved with so far are doing much with regards..."
"The managers and mentors I have had on my secondments have been excellent. However,..."
"The nuclear industry is not currently very diverse. I think the nucleargraduates..."
"Nucleargraduates is a graduate scheme only and so after two years you move on. However,..."
"All of the graduates must commit a specified number of hours to corporate social..."
"I am currently on secondment at the Office of Nuclear Regulation, working within..."
"The nucleargraduates scheme gives me the opportunity to gain a wide range of experience..."
"Some people can struggle with constructive feedback."
"It offered the opportunity to gain varied experience in a variety of organisations...."
"We get to visit many secure places that are extremely hard to access once off the..."
"A challenging experience that comes with opportunities."
"The opportunities for taking different secondments around the industry and the training..."
"A huge variety of training, both optional and compulsory, covering the following:..."
"Jobs advertised via internet and at recruitment events, and they provide expenses..."
"More advance warning about pre-booked events in the calendar could be communicated..."