"Opportunity to develop."
- Hours are often flexible, allowing people to have a good work/like balance.
- The training and experience gained on the scheme is very useful for progression in the industry.
- Graduates have the chance to work in multiple locations around the country and internationally.
- Managers make good mentors and offer helpful feedback to graduates.
- The salary is seen as lower than on other similar schemes.
- Some found frequent socialising a challenge due to the nature of placements.
- A lot of travel and moving can be required on the scheme.
- Some graduates would like more information about placements.
What insiders say about...
"You will apply to the scheme online and, depending on your success, you will be invited..."
"There is a communal feeling among the graduates. Sometimes managers can leave you..."
"Energus is a modern and well equipped office. The core training is typically held..."
"Every company that you have a secondment with have their own working hours. I am..."
"I think the salary is lower than comparable schemes, and I don't think that there..."
"We are all signed up to the Royal London pension plan. We put in 3% of our salary..."
"The process involved an online application with several questions requiring longer..."
"Why do you want to work in the nuclear industry?"
"As the nuclear industry's aim is to reduce CO2 emissions I'd say it is one of the..."
"Everyone is really accessible and there to support you when you need them and to..."
"They are as inclusive as it is possible to be. Diversity in STEM careers is a big..."
"Sponsor companies almost always offer a substantive role on completion of the scheme...."
"Ten percent of our time is spent on STEM engagement activities e.g. running after-school..."
"My work has varied upon which company I am working with, which is up to me to a large..."
"The sponsors of the nucleargraduates programme cover all aspects of the nuclear industry..."
"The salary on the scheme could be higher."
"I'd heard good things from previous employees."
"From its inception in 2006 the scheme has increased its number every year!"
"A great company to work for with an opportunity to get trained in any subject you..."
"The variety of opportunities on offer with this scheme. It really opens so many doors..."
"I've had key training related to my job in terms of technical and specific skills...."
"Jobs advertised via internet and at recruitment events, and they provide expenses..."
"More support when moving between secondments and training."