"Opportunity and flexibility."
- Hours are often flexible, allowing people to have a good work/like balance.
- The training and experience gained on the scheme is very useful for progression in the industry.
- Graduates have the chance to work in multiple locations around the country and internationally.
- Managers make good mentors and offer helpful feedback to graduates.
- The salary is seen as lower than on other similar schemes.
- Some found frequent socialising a challenge due to the nature of placements.
- A lot of travel and moving can be required on the scheme.
- Some graduates would like more information about placements.
What insiders say about...
"Thoroughly research the sponsor company, as well as the nuclear industry in general,..."
"There are three full-time staff members at nucleargraduates managing all the graduates..."
"Rolls-Royce Civil Nuclear have just moved to a new office facility. The dress code..."
"In the office the hours are standard (37.5) but the scheme does dig into your personal..."
"I know of better graduate schemes financially but the opportunities you are provided..."
"The training weeks can be great. For example, we had a week in London where we went..."
"The process involved an online application with several questions requiring longer..."
"I had competency-based questions and there was a technical interview as well as group..."
"It is a nuclear company, as such it will indirectly lead to huge reductions in the..."
"Managers are very accessible and it is always possible to speak to a member of the..."
"Good mix of men and women, although nationality is largely UK."
"Sponsor companies almost always offer a substantive role on completion of the scheme...."
"We undertake many activities throughout the year with profits going to charity."
"We have the opportunity to get involved in work that has clear and visible benefits..."
"The chance to experience working at many different companies within the nuclear industry...."
"There are sometimes large training requirements outside of the office."
"I'd heard good things from previous employees."
"We get to visit many secure places that are extremely hard to access once off the..."
"Supportive and innovative."
"I liked the idea of 'try before you buy' with companies. i.e. working for different..."
"There are numerous technical courses related to nuclear, and a number of soft skills..."
"Jobs advertised via internet and at recruitment events, and they provide expenses..."
"More transparency around certain sponsors. There is at least one sponsor who expects..."