"Helpful and caring."
- Hours are often flexible, allowing people to have a good work/like balance.
- The training and experience gained on the scheme is very useful for progression in the industry.
- Graduates have the chance to work in multiple locations around the country and internationally.
- Managers make good mentors and offer helpful feedback to graduates.
- The salary is seen as lower than on other similar schemes.
- Some found frequent socialising a challenge due to the nature of placements.
- A lot of travel and moving can be required on the scheme.
- Some graduates would like more information about placements.
What insiders say about...
"The application process is like any other grad scheme with multiple stages and a..."
"Within the cohort there is a strong bond and we do often socialise out of office..."
"The Energus building is okay, but its location in West Cumbria is difficult for some..."
"In the office the hours are standard (37.5) but the scheme does dig into your personal..."
"Pay is fairly average for a graduate scheme but we get a great training budget and..."
"Training opportunities and personal budget for attending conferences. Plus, time..."
"Online application followed by video interview and numerical tests. Final positions..."
"Be prepared to be pushed out of your comfort zone. Adaptability and flexibility are..."
"This depends on the organisation you are working for at the time."
"The programme team are quick to respond to any issues we are having with regard to..."
"Nucleargraduates are very keen to diversify the white, older male dominated nuclear..."
"This programme sets you up for an excellent career in the nuclear industry."
"I spend 10% of my time in local schools."
"As an environmental scientist working on a nuclear-licensed site, most of my work..."
"Being given the opportunity to work abroad for five months. No other nuclear-related..."
"Balancing the work you do on site with other commitments is tricky."
"It offered the opportunity to gain varied experience in a variety of organisations...."
"The whole of the programme team is female. This is rare in a sector dominated by..."
"Flexible, friendly, huge breadth of experience gained."
"Excellent training programme and opportunities for secondment in different areas...."
"There are excellent training and professional development opportunities. We can also..."
"Jobs advertised via internet and at recruitment events, and they provide expenses..."
"Provide expenses for relocation. Having to pay agency admin fees, petrol for moving,..."