"Helpful and caring."
- Hours are often flexible, allowing people to have a good work/like balance.
- The training and experience gained on the scheme is very useful for progression in the industry.
- Graduates have the chance to work in multiple locations around the country and internationally.
- Managers make good mentors and offer helpful feedback to graduates.
- The salary is seen as lower than on other similar schemes.
- Some found frequent socialising a challenge due to the nature of placements.
- A lot of travel and moving can be required on the scheme.
- Some graduates would like more information about placements.
What insiders say about...
"You will apply to the scheme online and, depending on your success, you will be invited..."
"People are very friendly and open when you approach them. Everyone likes to help..."
"The remote office location is not ideal for the majority of graduates, but that comes..."
"In the office the hours are standard (37.5) but the scheme does dig into your personal..."
"Pay is standard for a graduate engineer. No bonuses but good travel and CPD expenses..."
"A week-long paid trip abroad to see what the nuclear industry is like in other countries...."
"Online application form, a video interview (with some 'thinking outside of the box'..."
"They asked me how comfortable I was moving around with work, what experience I had..."
"This is a huge focus and is addressed through minimising travel, car sharing where..."
"There are lots of people looking after you when you are on the scheme. nucleargraduates..."
"The recruitment is much more diverse compared to other parts of the nuclear sector...."
"Once the graduate scheme is complete, you will leave the nucleargraduates scheme..."
"Ten percent of our time is spent on STEM engagement activities e.g. running after-school..."
"The job role varies with each secondment. I have had the opportunity to be involved..."
"The opportunity to get involved in conferences, training courses and STEM events..."
"The moving around can make it feel like you don't get long enough to settle in one..."
"The range of opportunities and good prospects."
"Most people get a free job (no interview) with their sponsoring company after the..."
"Responsive to the needs of graduates."
"Being able to work for different companies looked like a great opportunity, and it..."
"There are numerous technical courses related to nuclear, and a number of soft skills..."
"Jobs advertised via internet and at recruitment events, and they provide expenses..."
"Try to reduce the amount of paperwork, there is a lot at times."