"Friendly people that are always very helpful and like to give..."
- Hours are often flexible, allowing people to have a good work/like balance.
- The training and experience gained on the scheme is very useful for progression in the industry.
- Graduates have the chance to work in multiple locations around the country and internationally.
- Managers make good mentors and offer helpful feedback to graduates.
- The salary is seen as lower than on other similar schemes.
- Some found frequent socialising a challenge due to the nature of placements.
- A lot of travel and moving can be required on the scheme.
- Some graduates would like more information about placements.
What insiders say about...
"You will apply to the scheme online and, depending on your success, you will be invited..."
"The recruitment process seems to find like-minded individuals, making it easy to..."
"The nucleargraduates office is in the very modern Energus building in Workington...."
"You do whatever hours are assigned by your secondment company. I have spent a lot..."
"This scheme does pay less than many equivalent schemes in similar areas and you do..."
"The transport and subsistence budget is great, though it does have to cover quite..."
"The assessment centre pushes you to your limits via exercises like role play."
"They asked some technical questions about my degree. What did I know about the nuclear..."
"None of the companies I have been involved with so far are doing much with regards..."
"Managers are very accessible, but don't always have the best attitude. The mentoring..."
"There is a want to increase the number of female graduates onto the scheme. I personally..."
"You cannot move through the ranks while on the programme. However, all of the sponsoring..."
"All of the graduates must commit a specified number of hours to corporate social..."
"The quality of work you are assigned is entirely up to you. You will be in a position..."
"The freedom to choose the location of my secondments and the separate training budget..."
"Some people can struggle with constructive feedback."
"I had an interest in nuclear energy."
"Graduates on the nucleargraduates scheme often become the managers of the people..."
"Hard yet exciting work environment."
"I wanted to work in the nuclear industry and the scheme was held in high esteem."
"There are excellent training and professional development opportunities. We can also..."
"Jobs advertised via internet and at recruitment events, and they provide expenses..."
"I would add at least one person with experience in the nuclear industry to the organising..."