"Opportunity and flexibility."
- Hours are often flexible, allowing people to have a good work/like balance.
- The training and experience gained on the scheme is very useful for progression in the industry.
- Graduates have the chance to work in multiple locations around the country and internationally.
- Managers make good mentors and offer helpful feedback to graduates.
- The salary is seen as lower than on other similar schemes.
- Some found frequent socialising a challenge due to the nature of placements.
- A lot of travel and moving can be required on the scheme.
- Some graduates would like more information about placements.
What insiders say about...
"When I applied there were a number of stages including an online application, aptitude..."
"It's an extremely helpful and friendly place to work. In terms of structure it's..."
"Energus' offices are based in West Cumbria and are well designed for training facilities...."
"Every company that you have a secondment with have their own working hours. I am..."
"Pay is standard for a graduate engineer. No bonuses but good travel and CPD expenses..."
"The expenses for overseas conferences are certainly a highlight."
"Online application form, a video interview (with some 'thinking outside of the box'..."
"I was asked: how does your degree contribute to Mars bar production? Explain the..."
"The scheme highlights the importance of the triple bottom line: people, planet and..."
"Company leads for the sponsoring organisations vary. Some are elusive, some are very..."
"While the nuclear industry is trying to improve diversity, it's an industry that..."
"Nucleargraduates is a graduate scheme only and so after two years you move on. However,..."
"All of the graduates must commit a specified number of hours to corporate social..."
"I am currently seconded to Doosan Babcock Manufacturing where I am involved with..."
"Lots of training opportunities and the ability to attend conferences and seminars..."
"The coursework that goes with the learning."
"I liked the scheme and it was related to energy, which was relevant to my degree...."
"We're sponsored by the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority."
"Helpful and caring."
"I chose them for the STEM opportunities and the chance to do further training while..."
"There's lots of training on offer including: business skills, communication, project..."
"Jobs advertised via internet and at recruitment events, and they provide expenses..."
"More communication from sponsor companies."