"One of a kind."
- Hours are often flexible, allowing people to have a good work/like balance.
- The training and experience gained on the scheme is very useful for progression in the industry.
- Graduates have the chance to work in multiple locations around the country and internationally.
- Managers make good mentors and offer helpful feedback to graduates.
- The salary is seen as lower than on other similar schemes.
- Some found frequent socialising a challenge due to the nature of placements.
- A lot of travel and moving can be required on the scheme.
- Some graduates would like more information about placements.
What insiders say about...
"In my opinion, I don't think that you can really prepare because every assessment..."
"There is a communal feeling among the graduates. Sometimes managers can leave you..."
"Offices are fairly open and modern, and have on-site facilities such as a restaurant,..."
"It's mostly standard hours, but they range from secondment to secondment."
"This scheme does pay less than many equivalent schemes in similar areas and you do..."
"We get to go to free events, parties and week long training zones in London, Birmingham,..."
"It is fairly difficult to join the graduate scheme as the competition is strong...."
"I was asked several behavioural/competency questions, and technical questions relating..."
"This is a huge focus and is addressed through minimising travel, car sharing where..."
"It depends on how busy they are. Quite a few managers are slow to give feedback but..."
"I believe that the recruitment process is anonymised but there is a problem in the..."
"Once the graduate scheme is complete, you will leave the nucleargraduates scheme..."
"We have to do 80 hours per secondment on community work and therefore we do some..."
"The day-to-day work can be varied with most of the work given being of graduate level..."
"Fantastic opportunities including international secondments, trips and conferences,..."
"The work-load can be hectic at times."
"I had an interest in nuclear energy."
"The whole of the programme team is female. This is rare in a sector dominated by..."
"Friendly and personable."
"I thought the opportunity to do a number of different secondments in different companies..."
"I've had key training related to my job in terms of technical and specific skills...."
"Jobs advertised via internet and at recruitment events, and they provide expenses..."
"More support when moving between secondments and training."