"Friendly, hard-working and intellectually interesting."
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, new qualifier salaries are above the Magic Circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- There may not be as much variety in departments as could be found at other firms.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more formal training provided across departments.
What insiders say about...
"I attended an open day and then had one further partner interview. The open day is..."
"Decisions about the strategic direction of the firm are not always adequately communicated..."
"The seat-specific training is not great, apart from in corporate where we have around..."
"Whether lawyers make good mentors varies widely from one lawyer to another but, if..."
"Our office is round and very spacious. We work in individual offices or offices with..."
"The hours are pretty gruelling, but if you aren't up to that then don't apply to..."
"I don't know much about what it's like after qualification but the trainee salary..."
"The firm offer a good contribution towards a gym membership, and free dinners when..."
"I took part in an open day, which effectively counted as a first round in the system,..."
"I was asked the standard competency questions as well as having a discussion of my..."
"There is going to be a move to paperless filing but there do not seem to be many..."
"It's fine. There is a committee that organises events, they are well intentioned..."
"In the transactional seats trainees have a lot of client contact and are given a..."
"The firm has a committed pro bono officer and everyone is expected to have completed..."
"Great exposure to work and clients, high levels of responsibility and a genuine desire..."
"We occasionally have very long hours."
"I wanted to apply for US firms that had a small trainee intake because I had already..."
"I think the firm does its best to keep trainees on and four out of four were retained..."
"It's still possible to request a Blackberry work phone."
"Fun, modern, friendly."
"There is a lot of pro bono work."
"Qualification leave would be great."