"Friendly, welcoming, open."
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, new qualifier salaries are above the Magic Circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- There may not be as much variety in departments as could be found at other firms.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more formal training provided across departments.
What insiders say about...
"After the usual lengthy application form, there are two stages of interviews, the..."
"Due to the hours occasionally being quite long, I have not experienced much socialising..."
"There is firm-wide training for lawyers that trainees attend, which are largely department-focused...."
"The majority of people at the firm are very approachable. Trainees sit in an office..."
"We're in a great location on Cheapside. The client floor is very nice. We're running..."
"The hours generally vary depending on which department you are in and what work there..."
"The pay is good at Orrick."
"The firm takes care of you if you have to work late evenings, meaning you have free..."
"I participated in an open day, followed by a final interview. The selection process..."
"I was asked to talk about a commercial topic that was relevant at the time. I was..."
"There is going to be a move to paperless filing but there do not seem to be many..."
"I think we have good commitment to diversity. We have many female employees and especially..."
"I am a fourth seat trainee, and I have high levels of client contact."
"We receive many emails from offices around the world in relation to pro bono work..."
"Orrick is a US firm, but it's different from the general type of US firms in London...."
"There can be a lack of clarity around qualification. Teams can be small so experience..."
"I really enjoyed my experience on the open day."
"Most trainees that work hard and show an interest in the firm are offered a job."
"We incorporated Facebook."
"Friendly, sector-focused and growing."
"There is a lot of pro bono work."
"More clarity around qualification and better communication between departments on..."