"Friendly people, great work and lots of it!"
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, new qualifier salaries are above the Magic Circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- There may not be as much variety in departments as could be found at other firms.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more formal training provided across departments.
What insiders say about...
"There is an application form with a covering letter followed by a two-part interview...."
"Everyone pulls together and is very supportive. The fee earners work very hard but..."
"Associates and partners give training specifically to trainees at least once a month..."
"I have found it very easy to do work alongside partners and solicitors. The feedback..."
"Our office is round and very spacious. We work in individual offices or offices with..."
"The hours generally vary depending on which department you are in and what work there..."
"We're paid very well compared to other London firms but lagging behind the US level...."
"The firm picks a day around Christmas to close the office so everyone gets an additional..."
"The process involved an application form including academic qualifications, a covering..."
"There were a lot of questions about me and my application. The commercial questions..."
"There is going to be a move to paperless filing but there do not seem to be many..."
"There are people of different ages, ethnic backgrounds and socio-economic backgrounds...."
"I am very new and in my first seat but already the level of responsibility I have..."
"As a first seater, I am already working on my first pro bono project, whereby I am..."
"Genuinely friendly and supportive culture. Immediate hands-on experience. Continuous..."
"The hours can often be tough, especially in some of the busier departments."
"The size of the London office compared with its global reach made it very appealing...."
"The firm is growing in size and this is generating increasing amounts of work. All..."
"We incorporated Facebook."
"Entrepreneurial, corporate-focused and hardworking."
"There is a lot of pro bono work."
"I would like the firm to introduce international secondments."