"Friendly, supportive and hardworking."
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, new qualifier salaries are above the Magic Circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- There may not be as much variety in departments as could be found at other firms.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more formal training provided across departments.
What insiders say about...
"The firm hosts open days, as opposed to Vac Schemes, and they are treated as a first..."
"There's a good culture in the office with lots of lunchtime events/talks organised..."
"Associates and partners give training specifically to trainees at least once a month..."
"The majority of people at the firm are very approachable. Trainees sit in an office..."
"Great location in Cheapside. We're spoiled for choice when it comes to food and drinking..."
"Hours were very long in corporate (midnight and beyond wasn't a shock) although I..."
"Orrick does not pay at the same level as the top US firms but the hours worked are..."
"The firm offer a good contribution towards a gym membership, and free dinners when..."
"I took part in an open day, which effectively counted as a first round in the system,..."
"I was asked the standard competency questions as well as having a discussion of my..."
"There is going to be a move to paperless filing but there do not seem to be many..."
"We have a relatively diverse office (for the City). Recruitment policy perhaps inevitably..."
"I am in my first seat in real estate, and I have my own files and have interacted..."
"We have a dedicated pro bono team and everyone is expected to hit their target of..."
"Working within award-winning teams as well as the quality of work and responsibility..."
"I feel that there is little job security here."
"I was a paralegal here for a year before I applied and I loved the work and the people...."
"Historically, the firm are not the best with retention, but this all depends on the..."
"The firm has been established in London for 20 years."
"There is a lot of pro bono work."
"Have a fee earner involved in the trainee training so that people can get a better..."