"Friendly, international and diverse."
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, new qualifier salaries are above the Magic Circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- There may not be as much variety in departments as could be found at other firms.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more formal training provided across departments.
What insiders say about...
"My best advice is to try to get on the open day, as that way you can also figure..."
"The hierarchy in corporate is very flat with partners being very happy to talk. In..."
"Most of the training is on-the-job and there is trainee training. This is run by..."
"Whether lawyers make good mentors varies widely from one lawyer to another but, if..."
"The location is great; very central with lots of restaurants and bars, and the facilities..."
"There are some late evenings but the firm is good at encouraging you to leave if..."
"Trainee pay isn't bad but, at associate level, we're lagging behind other American..."
"Travel season ticket loan, contribution to a gym membership, contributions to an..."
"The process involved an application form including academic qualifications, a covering..."
"Generally, the questions consisted of talking through my CV with some competency..."
"We have recycling bins everywhere."
"It's fine. There is a committee that organises events, they are well intentioned..."
"You take on a high level of responsibility as a trainee, but can be working on very..."
"The firm undertakes many pro bono projects but whether you get involved as a trainee..."
"The interesting work and the level of independence that trainees have."
"The size of the London office tends to mean that people and resources can be overstretched...."
"My experience of the firm on the open day and getting the opportunity to speak to..."
"The firm has made offers to all qualifying trainees for the past two years."
"We incorporated a small company called Facebook."
"Friendly, supportive and hardworking."
"There is a lot of pro bono work."
"I would like the firm to introduce international secondments."