"A US firm with a west coast feel."
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, new qualifier salaries are above the Magic Circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- There may not be as much variety in departments as could be found at other firms.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more formal training provided across departments.
What insiders say about...
"I think that commercial awareness is key to interview success."
"There aren't many firm-wide social events although drinks do happen every Friday...."
"We get invited to all the same training sessions that the associates do. However,..."
"Supervisors are excellent and extremely approachable, as are other partners. You're..."
"I think our offices are great. We have a prime location near St Paul's with excellent..."
"My hours have varied from department to department. The hours can be very long, especially..."
"The salary is good, and as far as I know trainees do not receive bonuses."
"The firm picks a day around Christmas to close the office so everyone gets an additional..."
"The process involved an application form including academic qualifications, a covering..."
"I was given an exercise on a legal issue and time to prepare before presenting my..."
"There is going to be a move to paperless filing but there do not seem to be many..."
"We have a day dedicated to recognising diversity with various activities organised...."
"I am very new and in my first seat but already the level of responsibility I have..."
"All lawyers (and trainees) are expected to get a minimum of 20 pro bono hours per..."
"Not knowing what work I'll be doing from one day to the next, the variety is great!..."
"A lot of responsibility can mean a lot of pressure, you need to be confident in asking..."
"Their high-level work in energy, technology and finance."
"All trainees from the intake above me were offered jobs on qualification. This is..."
"We only have four months in each seat, which enables us to sit in six different departments...."
"Friendly, international and diverse."
"There is a lot of pro bono work."
"I'd love the option of an international secondment, but a simple pay rise would be..."