"Friendly, open, good team spirit."
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, new qualifier salaries are above the Magic Circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- There may not be as much variety in departments as could be found at other firms.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more formal training provided across departments.
What insiders say about...
"I think that commercial awareness is key to interview success."
"There's an open-door culture during hours. Trainees get assigned work from newly..."
"The training is pretty informal and you learn through completing tasks and the corrections..."
"As a trainee, you share a room with an associate who will be your supervisor so it's..."
"Great location in Cheapside. We're spoiled for choice when it comes to food and drinking..."
"Hours can be long in certain departments but you are never the only one working late..."
"We're falling behind the scale in terms of pay, definitely We do get a boost on qualification..."
"There's a gym subsidy that lets you pick any gym rather than having to use a specific..."
"I took part in an open day, which effectively counted as a first round in the system,..."
"What are the initial questions you would ask a client when being instructed for the..."
"We have recycling bins and the firm is currently developing a system to have paperless..."
"We have a relatively diverse office (for the City). Recruitment policy perhaps inevitably..."
"The overall quality of the work we are involved in is high and the matters are very..."
"As a first seater, I am already working on my first pro bono project, whereby I am..."
"Pluses for me are the friendly people, the high level work, and being given lots..."
"The hours can be quite long."
"I wanted to do my training contract at a US firm as I wanted to work hard and experience..."
"All trainees from the intake above me were offered jobs on qualification. This is..."
"Orrick is one of the oldest standing law firms in San Francisco."
"Ambitious and driven."
"There is a lot of pro bono work."
"More clarity around qualification and better communication between departments on..."