"Friendly, ambitious and open."
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, new qualifier salaries are above the Magic Circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- There may not be as much variety in departments as could be found at other firms.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more formal training provided across departments.
What insiders say about...
"The firm hosts open days, as opposed to Vac Schemes, and they are treated as a first..."
"Due to the hours occasionally being quite long, I have not experienced much socialising..."
"You are given talks by each of the departments as an introduction and you are also..."
"I think that mentoring and informal training is really dependent on who you get to..."
"We take up the top three floors of our building and are based in between Bank and..."
"Working hours vary from department to department. Hours are very predictable and..."
"The salary is fine at the trainee level and the new qualifier salary has increased..."
"There's a good pension and other benefits including healthcare and good corporate..."
"I took part in an open day, which effectively counted as a first round in the system,..."
"What are the initial questions you would ask a client when being instructed for the..."
"We have lights with motion sensors in the office and there are huge efforts towards..."
"We have a dedicated diversity committee. The firm has a very good gender and ethnic..."
"The quality of work is excellent and there's a huge variety of different things to..."
"I have worked on pro bono litigation matters that have allowed me to really take..."
"The size of the firm means that you get to know everyone really well and you are..."
"More could be done to promote a social base for the trainee intakes such as sports..."
"I really enjoyed my experience on the open day."
"Recently retention rates have been excellent at the firm. Should there be business..."
"We incorporated a small company called Facebook."
"A US firm with an approachable side."
"There is a lot of pro bono work."
"More social events."