"Friendly, welcoming and hard working."
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, new qualifier salaries are above the Magic Circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- There may not be as much variety in departments as could be found at other firms.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more formal training provided across departments.
What insiders say about...
"There are two routes. One is the open day and then a second interview while the other..."
"I think the firm has a nice culture. Within teams people tend to get on well and..."
"Training is good although I think the IT training was later than it should have been...."
"The people selected as supervisors and mentors have been universally good in my experience...."
"The location is great; very central with lots of restaurants and bars, and the facilities..."
"The hours generally vary depending on which department you are in and what work there..."
"Salaries are in line with the market. They aren't as high as some US firms but are..."
"We're provided with dinners after 7.00 pm and taxis after 9.00 pm. If you contribute..."
"The process involved an application form including academic qualifications, a covering..."
"In the first interview I was given a case study of a potential transaction and asked..."
"The firm is doing everything it can to be green."
"We have a diversity initiative day each year called DiveIn. It promotes diversity..."
"A wide range of work is offered to me as a trainee. On any given day I can be doing..."
"The firm sends regular emails with details of the available pro bono work. First..."
"The people are really friendly and supportive at all levels."
"The hours can be long and you are expected to do them (although my supervisor is..."
"The small intake and the work it does."
"The firm makes it clear that it will try to retain all of its trainees provided there..."
"We incorporated a small company called Facebook."
"Forward-thinking, welcoming, challenging."
"There is a lot of pro bono work."
"It would be good to have proper training upon joining each department to give you..."