"Friendly people, great work and lots of it!"
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, new qualifier salaries are above the Magic Circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- There may not be as much variety in departments as could be found at other firms.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more formal training provided across departments.
What insiders say about...
"There are two routes. One is the open day and then a second interview while the other..."
"Some departments are friendly and collegiate but others can be a little more competitive...."
"Training is good although I think the IT training was later than it should have been...."
"You are assigned a mentor, who I have found to be very supportive and helpful. We..."
"I think our offices are great. We have a prime location near St Paul's with excellent..."
"I'm on multiple deals that require my attention at the moment so I'm doing longer..."
"The pay is above average for a firm in the City so I am pleased. I am not familiar..."
"There's a good pension and other benefits including healthcare and good corporate..."
"I participated in an open day, followed by a final interview. The selection process..."
"What skills do you think you need to become a commercial solicitor? Why Orrick? Why..."
"Motion sensor lights are used in bathrooms and all our printers are set to double-sided..."
"We have a relatively diverse office (for the City). Recruitment policy perhaps inevitably..."
"I have a good amount of responsibility as well as being supervised to a good standard...."
"The firm aims for all lawyers to do a minimum of 20 hours of pro bono per year, this..."
"The London office is comparatively small and everyone knows each other - there is..."
"There's a lack of formal training in each seat rotation."
"I was a paralegal here for a year before I applied and I loved the work and the people...."
"Retention rates have not always been the best but offers were made to all trainees..."
"We incorporated a small company called Facebook."
"Fun, modern, friendly."
"There is a lot of pro bono work."
"A greater ability to work flexibly. Trainees are expected to be in the office and..."