"Varied and interesting instructions."
- The firm has a very strong sense of teamwork and a friendly culture.
- Trainees felt that the work they were given regularly improved in line with their ability.
- There is currently a firm-wide drive to improve diversity and support at all levels.
- Agile working is available for people at all levels, meaning it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance.
- The office café is seen as being more expensive than it should be.
- Some trainees felt that not all offices were paid equally well.
- While secondments are provided, some wanted an increase in number.
- There can be competition for qualification seats in popular departments.
What insiders say about...
"Ensure that any application is completely tailored to the firm and has personality...."
"The hierarchy at the firm is not as obvious or in-grained as in other firms where..."
"There are formal inductions in each subject area and weekly/monthly training sessions..."
"Mentoring standards will depend on the individual but in my experience supervisors..."
"Office space and facilities are of very good quality. The dress code is business..."
"There are people in my team who work part time (don't work on Friday) and the teams..."
"Pay is good. There are both firm-wide and individual bonuses available as long as..."
"We have an optional health insurance policy that is incredibly comprehensive."
"Online psychometric and commercial awareness questions. Assessment centre of 40 min..."
"I was asked what news stories I had been following and was asked questions in relation..."
"The firm has its own sustainable business committee, which is always seeking to reduce..."
"This is an area that could be improved on, but steps are already being taken to do..."
"My department isn't too client-facing but, as I've progressed through the seat, direct..."
"This is something that could be better, but the firm is aware of this and it is improving...."
"There are friendly people in a supportive culture here, and the open-plan office..."
"Occasional quiet spells with not enough work/not enough delegation."
"The people who interviewed me and how comfortable I felt throughout the day encouraged..."
"Determined by business needs. Firm keen to keep people on given the level of investment..."
"The Friday food trolley which comes round the office has the BEST sausage rolls."
"The firm offers high-profile work with interesting clients in a friendly atmosphere...."
"We have some involvement in pathways to law placements, and the firm doesn't filter..."
"It can get busy, but generally the atmosphere is not too stressful."
"I would like the firm to increase the amount of feedback opportunities."