"Open and friendly, good career progression and opportunities...."
- The firm has a very strong sense of teamwork and a friendly culture.
- Trainees felt that the work they were given regularly improved in line with their ability.
- There is currently a firm-wide drive to improve diversity and support at all levels.
- Agile working is available for people at all levels, meaning it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance.
- The office café is seen as being more expensive than it should be.
- Some trainees felt that not all offices were paid equally well.
- While secondments are provided, some wanted an increase in number.
- There can be competition for qualification seats in popular departments.
What insiders say about...
"Someone who is academically sound and business-minded, but also who is open and friendly...."
"Osborne Clarke prides itself on being modern and unstuffy - this is generally true..."
"Soft skills are focused on to ensure we learn the 'OC way' of house style and of..."
"Everyone in the office is approachable and there is absolutely no hierarchy. I have..."
"The offices are open-plan, with plenty of kitchens and break out areas dotted around..."
"Average 9ish start and 6:00pm finish in a quiet week."
"The pay is generally in line with other similar firms in Bristol and London."
"The cake trolley on a Friday afternoon and a free pass to Bristol zoo!"
"I found the assessment process easier than at other firms I applied for."
"There were some competency-based questions. The interview was really friendly and..."
"We have automatic light dimmers, extensive recycling, an allotment and the food packaging..."
"The firm has a number of active programmes in terms of inclusivity including the..."
"I get a lot of client interaction and good quality work."
"We do a lot of charity events at OC, especially for our main charity, St Bartholomew's..."
"Generally non-hierarchical, open-plan and friendly."
"Pay could be more equal across offices."
"I attended an open evening and was really interested in the sort of work that Osborne..."
"I already have an offer. I think the retention rates are relatively good."
"I think that the firm organises great parties!"
"Growing leaders in the field."
"We have some involvement in pathways to law placements, and the firm doesn't filter..."
"It can get busy, but generally the atmosphere is not too stressful."
"More international and client secondment opportunities."