"Relaxed, friendly and supportive."
- The firm has a very strong sense of teamwork and a friendly culture.
- Trainees felt that the work they were given regularly improved in line with their ability.
- There is currently a firm-wide drive to improve diversity and support at all levels.
- Agile working is available for people at all levels, meaning it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance.
- The office café is seen as being more expensive than it should be.
- Some trainees felt that not all offices were paid equally well.
- While secondments are provided, some wanted an increase in number.
- There can be competition for qualification seats in popular departments.
What insiders say about...
"Candidates should focus on what makes Osborne Clarke unique. The best way to get..."
"The culture is great and all partners are approachable. Trainees are a core part..."
"The firm is very good for training, not just in terms of legal day-to-day training..."
"Given the open-plan layout, everyone is very approachable, sometimes you don't even..."
"We have a 'dress for your day' dress code. This is essentially dress down unless..."
"For London hours, they are very good. If you are busy you will have to stay late,..."
"The pay is standard trainee pay for a non-US firm. Trainees do not get bonuses."
"We have an optional health insurance policy that is incredibly comprehensive."
"There was an online application form with the usual verbal reasoning tests. The assessment..."
"The questions mainly focused on why I wanted to apply to Osborne Clarke and why I..."
"Recycling bins are provided but that's about it."
"This is an area that could be improved on, but steps are already being taken to do..."
"I have a good level of responsibility and I am often able to interact with clients...."
"Charity activities and volunteering at local college, and organising volunteers/donations..."
"There is a variety of work on offer for trainees to get stuck in to, with the right..."
"Some of the food in the café is a little pricey."
"I chose Osborne Clarke because of its reputation, expertise and focus in relation..."
"Determined by business needs. Firm keen to keep people on given the level of investment..."
"No one at the firm can agree as to what species of cat is in our logo - puma, panther,..."
"The firm is open, collegiate and collaborative."
"The diversity committee looks at increasing social mobility. We also support Pathways..."
"It can get busy, but generally the atmosphere is not too stressful."
"It would be good to have a more established buddy system with the trainees in the..."