"Open and friendly, good career progression and opportunities...."
- The firm has a very strong sense of teamwork and a friendly culture.
- Trainees felt that the work they were given regularly improved in line with their ability.
- There is currently a firm-wide drive to improve diversity and support at all levels.
- Agile working is available for people at all levels, meaning it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance.
- The office café is seen as being more expensive than it should be.
- Some trainees felt that not all offices were paid equally well.
- While secondments are provided, some wanted an increase in number.
- There can be competition for qualification seats in popular departments.
What insiders say about...
"Be commercially aware, do your background research on the firm, their clients and..."
"The firm is very non-hierarchical and the offices are open-plan. I play on the football..."
"There are training sessions on a regular basis from know-how lawyers."
"Everyone is very friendly and approachable - you can ask anyone, any question, any..."
"Relaxed... the men don't wear ties."
"The hours are very reasonable for a commercial law firm and supervisors are flexible..."
"The pay is good and very transparent. We received good bonuses this year too and..."
"There is a payment plan for annual oyster (saving you money)."
"There was an assessment day with a negotiation exercise, a written task and a verbal..."
"I was asked what news stories I had been following and was asked questions in relation..."
"Recycling bins are provided but that's about it."
"The firm is working hard on its diversity policy and has put various committees in..."
"I complete a variety of tasks for a number of fee earners including drafting court..."
"The firm has a couple of core pro bono initiatives where I am and is proposing a..."
"Significant responsibility and client exposure from the offset is a real plus."
"We have a 'one-firm' approach, except where pay is concerned. We all do the same..."
"It was small enough to be friendly but big enough to have a good profile and attract..."
"The retention rates are very good. There generally seem to be more job opportunities..."
"Osborne Clarke, as well as being Bristol-based, was the legal adviser to the industrialist..."
"Lean, efficient and sterile."
"Work experience programs invite students from less privileged backgrounds to learn..."
"Day-to-day is relatively stress free but tends to build up towards the conclusion..."
"There should be a larger social budget."