"Down to earth."
- The firm has a very strong sense of teamwork and a friendly culture.
- Trainees felt that the work they were given regularly improved in line with their ability.
- There is currently a firm-wide drive to improve diversity and support at all levels.
- Agile working is available for people at all levels, meaning it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance.
- The office café is seen as being more expensive than it should be.
- Some trainees felt that not all offices were paid equally well.
- While secondments are provided, some wanted an increase in number.
- There can be competition for qualification seats in popular departments.
What insiders say about...
"Candidates should focus on what makes Osborne Clarke unique. The best way to get..."
"The hierarchy at the firm is not as obvious or in-grained as in other firms where..."
"Supportive supervisors and challenging work make for great training!"
"Most of the fee earners in my team are happy to sit down and talk about work, commenting..."
"The offices are great, particularly London and Reading due to recent refurbishments...."
"There is no face-time culture. People trust you do get your work done and not sit..."
"Good trainee salary."
"We get a Christmas shopping day towards the end of the year. Not too unusual but..."
"The interview was very friendly and relaxed. They asked me all about the work I had..."
"I was given a variety of questions including some competency and situational questions...."
"Recycling bins are provided but that's about it."
"Osborne Clarke promotes diversity and flexible working, with dedicated focus groups,..."
"I have had plenty of responsibility and client interaction. I am currently leading..."
"I volunteer at a homeless shelter, the charity that runs it has close links to Osborne..."
"The relaxed, friendly culture."
"High pressure, long hours."
"I attended an open evening and was really interested in the sort of work that Osborne..."
"Retention rates are generally very high."
"We have beehives on the roof of our Bristol office."
"Osborne Clarke is a collegiate, driven and friendly firm."
"We have a Pathways to Law week, where students from disadvantaged backgrounds come..."
"It can get busy, but generally the atmosphere is not too stressful."
"I would like the firm to increase the amount of feedback opportunities."