"The firm has a supportive environment and a real interest in..."
- The firm has a very strong sense of teamwork and a friendly culture.
- Trainees felt that the work they were given regularly improved in line with their ability.
- There is currently a firm-wide drive to improve diversity and support at all levels.
- Agile working is available for people at all levels, meaning it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance.
- The office café is seen as being more expensive than it should be.
- Some trainees felt that not all offices were paid equally well.
- While secondments are provided, some wanted an increase in number.
- There can be competition for qualification seats in popular departments.
What insiders say about...
"Osborne Clarke prefers the vacation scheme route as it is a good chance to see the..."
"There's a friendly and collaborative culture. Of course there is a hierarchical structure..."
"Of course there is an obligation to do the professional skills course but there have..."
"Everyone is very friendly and approachable - you can ask anyone, any question, any..."
"The central London location works really well. I also really like the open-plan layout..."
"Generally hours have been 9:00am to 6:00pm in the seats I've done so far, although..."
"No one has had a bonus since 2007. Targets raised by a lot despite not hitting them..."
"There is a payment plan for annual oyster (saving you money)."
"Assessment centre followed by an interview with a partner."
"The questions mainly focused on why I wanted to apply to Osborne Clarke and why I..."
"We have automatic light dimmers, extensive recycling, an allotment and the food packaging..."
"Diversity is a big focus at OC. The recent round of partner promotions saw four of..."
"My department isn't too client-facing but, as I've progressed through the seat, direct..."
"This is something that could be better, but the firm is aware of this and it is improving...."
"The friendly and supportive culture along with the high-quality work."
"I have found that there can be competition for seats, and the IT system could be..."
"The size of the firm and trainee intake (there are about ten in my intake in my office),..."
"I already have an offer. I think the retention rates are relatively good."
"The firm acted for Isambard Kingdom Brunel, the famous engineer connected with the..."
"The firm is open and approachable."
"Open days and work experience for school children from less privileged backgrounds...."
"It can get busy, but generally the atmosphere is not too stressful."
"There could be international secondments on offer, or more secondments generally,..."