"The firm is progressive, friendly and open-minded."
- The firm has a very strong sense of teamwork and a friendly culture.
- Trainees felt that the work they were given regularly improved in line with their ability.
- There is currently a firm-wide drive to improve diversity and support at all levels.
- Agile working is available for people at all levels, meaning it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance.
- The office café is seen as being more expensive than it should be.
- Some trainees felt that not all offices were paid equally well.
- While secondments are provided, some wanted an increase in number.
- There can be competition for qualification seats in popular departments.
What insiders say about...
"Those with a bit of work/life experience and plenty of common sense. Read the papers..."
"Everyone is very approachable. Due to the nature of the role, there are obviously..."
"Supportive supervisors and challenging work make for great training!"
"Most of the fee earners in my team are happy to sit down and talk about work, commenting..."
"The Reading office is almost brand new so it is a lovely space to work in. The location..."
"Working hours are good with long hours only when necessary and there's no face/time..."
"The salary is very good for the Bristol area. However, the salaries do vary depending..."
"An extra Christmas Shopping Day on top of usual annual leave."
"There was an online application form with the usual verbal reasoning tests. The assessment..."
"I was asked what news stories I had been following and was asked questions in relation..."
"While it is improving, we probably lag behind a number of other firms in this area...."
"The firm is taking steps to address diversity issues, in particular women. Quite..."
"I interact with clients on a daily basis and I am trusted to run my own matters."
"OC is involved in a number of pro bono schemes, including for the Avon and Bristol..."
"The people, from partner to trainee, are all approachable, friendly and supportive...."
"The seat rotation process can be a bit drawn out."
"The size of the firm and trainee intake (there are about ten in my intake in my office),..."
"The rates were very good but there is a strong leaning towards a particular area..."
"Osborne Clarke, as well as being Bristol-based, was the legal adviser to the industrialist..."
"Quality law work without selling your soul."
"We have a Pathways to Law week, where students from disadvantaged backgrounds come..."
"It can get busy, but generally the atmosphere is not too stressful."
"I feel that a buddy scheme could be beneficial, and there is now one being introduced...."