"Open and friendly, good career progression and opportunities...."
- The firm has a very strong sense of teamwork and a friendly culture.
- Trainees felt that the work they were given regularly improved in line with their ability.
- There is currently a firm-wide drive to improve diversity and support at all levels.
- Agile working is available for people at all levels, meaning it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance.
- The office café is seen as being more expensive than it should be.
- Some trainees felt that not all offices were paid equally well.
- While secondments are provided, some wanted an increase in number.
- There can be competition for qualification seats in popular departments.
What insiders say about...
"It's best to always be yourself: OC looks for people who will fit in with the culture..."
"The culture here is great and there is no feeling of hierarchy. If I have a comment..."
"I have had additional training on tax and presentations. Also there was a training..."
"I have had very good supervisors who all had their own styles but do show an interest..."
"The central London location works really well. I also really like the open-plan layout..."
"If you have finished all of your work, there is no pressure to stay. There is a real..."
"The pay is very competitive and there is a profit share scheme that trainees also..."
"The pension is good and dinner can be claimed back if you work past 8.00 pm. There..."
"Assessment centre followed by an interview with a partner."
"There were competency-based and topical questions but the focus was on me and why..."
"The firm has just introduced a new bin system to encourage more recycling. In Bristol,..."
"I'm not sure what the exact policy is, but there are generally more females than..."
"I complete a variety of tasks for a number of fee earners including drafting court..."
"I volunteer at a homeless shelter, the charity that runs it has close links to Osborne..."
"There is a variety of work on offer for trainees to get stuck in to, with the right..."
"Can sometimes require long working hours."
"Interesting clients (particular in the digital arena), friendly atmosphere and small..."
"The firm makes an effort to retain good trainees."
"There is a bee hive on the roof in Bristol."
"Friendly, forward-thinking and supportive."
"We have some involvement in pathways to law placements, and the firm doesn't filter..."
"Day-to-day is relatively stress free but tends to build up towards the conclusion..."
"More international and client secondment opportunities."