"Friendly, progressive and inclusive."
- People at the firm are friendly and helpful and mentors give regular support to trainees.
- Early training is given in both legal and non-legal skills to help trainees feel comfortable at the firm from the start.
- Trainees are given responsibility and varied work throughout their time at the firm.
- While hours can be long, many feel it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance than at other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more social events organised.
- There can be a noticeable difference between culture and salary between offices.
- Regional offices can be small and quiet.
- Some of the offices could have better facilities.
What insiders say about...
"Applicants should research the firm well and make it clear why they are best suited..."
"The office is open-plan and you do feel as though you can ask anyone in the office..."
"I felt that there was occasionally a lack of direction and the emails organising..."
"Whilst each trainee is given specific mentors, I have found that everyone is willing..."
"We have a nice, modern office located in central Guildford. Parking is limited though..."
"I usually get to the office at 8.30 am and leave at 5.30 pm. The firm is very flexible...."
"There is a big discrepancy between the regional offices and the London office salaries,..."
"We get discounts to see some theatre events in Oxford, which is nice."
"Why this firm specifically? What ties do you have to the area? Where do you see yourself..."
"We use a lot of paper at the moment but I can see a shift towards paperless filing...."
"The firm runs diversity events such as skills/language lunches, LGBTQ+/mental health..."
"I have been given high-level work from the outset. I draft documents, meet clients..."
"I have worked on a reading programme with a local primary school. We visit the school..."
"Most of my colleagues are very approachable and spend time teaching me. There is..."
"The hours are longer than anticipated given the salary level."
"The feel I got from the firm when I attended an information day was one of the reasons..."
"I feel very positive about the retention rates at the firm. I think that the firm..."
"We have an in-house band who play at the summer party."
"Growing, inclusive and sociable."
"Give more exposure to teams across offices so that there's more opportunity for a..."