"Friendly, supportive and encouraging."
- People at the firm are friendly and helpful and mentors give regular support to trainees.
- Early training is given in both legal and non-legal skills to help trainees feel comfortable at the firm from the start.
- Trainees are given responsibility and varied work throughout their time at the firm.
- While hours can be long, many feel it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance than at other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more social events organised.
- There can be a noticeable difference between culture and salary between offices.
- Regional offices can be small and quiet.
- Some of the offices could have better facilities.
What insiders say about...
"I found that the firm tends to like candidates with some work experience; even if..."
"The office is friendly and welcoming as a whole and very little emphasis is placed..."
"The firm has a good in-house training programme for trainees that supplements the..."
"Some partners and solicitors are easy to approach and are clear in their feedback,..."
"The office is open-plan and the dress code is business casual with a dress-down day..."
"The working hours vary between departments and teams. Generally speaking the firm..."
"I think pay for trainees needs to be increased and reviewed more frequently. The..."
"Film and dinner nights out paid for by the social committee. The firm is great at..."
"Why this firm specifically? What ties do you have to the area? Where do you see yourself..."
"We have a ride-to-work scheme."
"The firm is very flexible with maternity/paternity issues. In addition, an internal..."
"I am currently in my second week in the clinical negligence team and have been given..."
"The firm has been supporting a local charity for 18 months, including undertaking..."
"The team is very friendly and keen to get you involved with the work they're undertaking...."
"The work/life balance (while usually good) isn't always as reliable as I'd like,..."
"I had a positive work experience placement."
"The retention rates have been good for the last few years."
"We have won the Oxford Corporate Football League 3 seasons running."
"An expanding UK law firm with a strong focus on technology."
"I would like more opportunities to meet the trainees from other offices."