"Open and friendly with top-name clients and a broad range of..."
- People at the firm are friendly and helpful and mentors give regular support to trainees.
- Early training is given in both legal and non-legal skills to help trainees feel comfortable at the firm from the start.
- Trainees are given responsibility and varied work throughout their time at the firm.
- While hours can be long, many feel it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance than at other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more social events organised.
- There can be a noticeable difference between culture and salary between offices.
- Regional offices can be small and quiet.
- Some of the offices could have better facilities.
What insiders say about...
"I completed an application form and a half-day assessment for the vacation scheme..."
"The firm is friendly, approachable, social and inclusive."
"There's a four-day induction for the trainees at the beginning and then, every month..."
"I think the informal training process is good and all the teams are very supportive...."
"It varies across the offices but parking is a big problem at my firm. The facilities..."
"This can vary between teams. My current team works, on average, from 9.00 am to 6.15..."
"The pay is reasonable for the hours worked."
"The social committee organises free dinners, cinema trips and drinks for the firm...."
"The questions in my interview focused on my personal attributes and experiences,..."
"We have recycling bins all over."
"It's good on diversity but could always do more."
"I've had lots of client contact while being supervised by a partner or senior associate...."
"There are a few projects to get involved in and the firm is in the process of starting..."
"Everyone is very friendly, helpful and approachable."
"Some regional offices are small and can be quiet."
"Its expertise in a range of sectors such as sport and retail/luxury brands as well..."
"They seem to vary from year to year."
"There is no big Christmas party. Instead, the firm hosts a summer festival with music,..."
"Progressive, positive and a great place to train."
"Offer a slightly bigger budget for trainee socials please."