"Energetic, evolving and friendly."
- People at the firm are friendly and helpful and mentors give regular support to trainees.
- Early training is given in both legal and non-legal skills to help trainees feel comfortable at the firm from the start.
- Trainees are given responsibility and varied work throughout their time at the firm.
- While hours can be long, many feel it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance than at other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more social events organised.
- There can be a noticeable difference between culture and salary between offices.
- Regional offices can be small and quiet.
- Some of the offices could have better facilities.
What insiders say about...
"I had two interviews and a short written test with the firm. My advice would be to..."
"The culture of the office is incredible. Everyone that I have come across has been..."
"The training is generally of a high quality, although it can vary from team to team...."
"My mentor and partners have been very approachable. Feedback is given on pieces of..."
"The office I'm in is open-plan, which is good when you are learning as a trainee...."
"I work 9.00 am – 6.30 pm/7.00 pm. Most of the office clears out by 6.30 pm unless..."
"Our salary is lower than competitors and there's a big difference between the London..."
"The pension quality is very good."
"How would your partner or friends describe you? What are your strengths and weaknesses?..."
"There are recycling bins and the firm is pushing to go 'paper lite'."
"11 of the 14 trainees taken on in 2017 were women, which is much better than at some..."
"I have been given high-level work from the outset. I draft documents, meet clients..."
"It wasn't great to begin with but they are setting up a more firm-wide approach with..."
"Everybody is extremely approachable and friendly, there's a good work/life balance..."
"There isn't the widest selection of seats and there can be real competition for the..."
"Having undertaken the vacation scheme, I knew that the firm was a good fit for me...."
"I feel very positive about the retention rates at the firm. I think that the firm..."
"We have an annual firm-wide ski trip."
"Very friendly and everyone is approachable."
"I would like more opportunities to meet the trainees from other offices."