"Aspiring, sociable and fair."
- People at the firm are friendly and helpful and mentors give regular support to trainees.
- Early training is given in both legal and non-legal skills to help trainees feel comfortable at the firm from the start.
- Trainees are given responsibility and varied work throughout their time at the firm.
- While hours can be long, many feel it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance than at other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more social events organised.
- There can be a noticeable difference between culture and salary between offices.
- Regional offices can be small and quiet.
- Some of the offices could have better facilities.
What insiders say about...
"I found that the firm tends to like candidates with some work experience; even if..."
"In terms of social events, the Sport and Social Committee put on a number of events..."
"The firm has a good in-house training programme for trainees that supplements the..."
"You're assigned a buddy who is usually the most recent trainee in your department..."
"The Cambridge office is generally small but has recently been refurbished so it's..."
"This varies from team to team. I regularly work from 8.30 am until 6.30 pm with a..."
"The pay and bonuses are something of an issue. For the hours you put into the firm..."
"The pension quality is very good."
"The interview was very friendly, and with the expected questions on why this firm..."
"The firm has a paperlite policy being implemented by most departments to reduce printing...."
"I know that the firm has an LGBTQ+ committee and there was an effort for each office..."
"I am very satisfied with the quality of work I am assigned. Fee earners involve you..."
"There are a few projects to get involved in and the firm is in the process of starting..."
"The team is very friendly and keen to get you involved with the work they're undertaking...."
"The computers can be slow and I think the firm should invest more in IT."
"I applied here because of the excellent vacation scheme, during which I did real..."
"I feel very positive about the retention rates at the firm. I think that the firm..."
"We have a PennTrust foundation, which is able to act as executors or trustees for..."
"Supportive, tenacious and growing."
"Oxford salaries to match London salaries."