"Supportive, tenacious and growing."
- People at the firm are friendly and helpful and mentors give regular support to trainees.
- Early training is given in both legal and non-legal skills to help trainees feel comfortable at the firm from the start.
- Trainees are given responsibility and varied work throughout their time at the firm.
- While hours can be long, many feel it is easier to maintain a good work/life balance than at other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more social events organised.
- There can be a noticeable difference between culture and salary between offices.
- Regional offices can be small and quiet.
- Some of the offices could have better facilities.
What insiders say about...
"The interview process consists of an application form followed by an assessment day...."
"At the firm there is no real sense of hierarchy as everyone is approachable and willing..."
"The training is generally of a high quality, although it can vary from team to team...."
"All solicitors and partners are approachable and happy to take the time to explain..."
"The standards vary by office. The newer offices are very swanky and the older ones..."
"There is no face-time culture here when it comes to hours. I regularly start work..."
"Our salary is lower than competitors and there's a big difference between the London..."
"Private health insurance and gym membership discounts."
"I was asked: Will you find it difficult working for a firm based in the UK when you..."
"The firm has a paperlite policy being implemented by most departments to reduce printing...."
"It can be quite hard to judge this but I have noticed a good range of gender diversity..."
"The quality of work that we are given as trainees is very good. I was fortunate to..."
"The creation of the Charitable Foundation has helped but getting people involved..."
"We get a high level of exposure to clients and matters as well as high-level work..."
"While they do try to put you in a seat you are happy with it is difficult to get..."
"The culture of the firm coupled with the high level of work that the firm is involved..."
"This varies year on year so it's hard to say. It's more competitive in London than..."
"The firm has 300 years of history."
"Expanding and changing rapidly."
"More interaction between trainees across offices. It can be difficult if you are..."