"Unusually forward-thinking for a City firm."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"We have a formal and structured application process. The first stage is an application..."
"It is honestly so much more inclusive, friendly and encouraging than I ever imagined..."
"The professional skills course sessions are interesting. Most supervisors take their..."
"Solicitors are very accessible and I have always felt able to approach people to..."
"The firm's London office is very impressive and excellently located right next to..."
"Hours vary between departments but are generally manageable. Most partners are flexible..."
"The pay is good for the Scottish market but we get paid less than our peers in England...."
"The pension contribution is good and the firm pays for my railcard, which is also..."
"Questions included: who inspires you? What do you do in your free time? What is an..."
"We are actively encouraged to recycle, especially as we go through quite a lot of..."
"Pinsent Masons is the highest ranking law firm on The Stonewall Top 100 Employers..."
"You are given the opportunity to get involved with pretty much everything, so no..."
"We have opportunities to get involved with charity events, volunteering at a charity..."
"There are a lot of good social events, a fair amount of corporate responsibility..."
"Given the size of the firm, the seat planning process is quite complex."
"Going to on-campus events and a cocktail making class the firm hosted while I was..."
"The retention rates at PM tend to be quite good and there is flexibility about where..."
"Because of mergers over the years, the firm has a real mix of people and accents,..."
"Friendly, ambitious and accommodating."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"Being offered the opportunity to do an international secondment."