"Ambitious, professional, innovative and personal."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"The application process during the vacation placement involves an interview, an in-tray..."
"The firm is incredibly friendly. Everyone is available to chat to and happy to answer..."
"We complete the usual professional skills course modules and receive training at..."
"Everyone has been supportive in helping me to improve my skills in the teams I have..."
"The London office is nice, modern and open-plan with an in-house restaurant and Costa...."
"The working hours are better than I had feared and I have found the firm flexible...."
"Training contract pay is fine and it is among the highest in Manchester I think...."
"We get discounted tickets at the Old Vic, which I have taken advantage of a few times...."
"I was asked about positions of responsibility/authority that I had held and I was..."
"I am not aware of any particular efforts."
"We have a lot of projects and initiatives to promote equality and are heavily recognised..."
"I'm very satisfied. All trainee roles (and more senior roles) involve a level of..."
"I haven't worked on any pro bono projects so far but I'm aware that the firm does..."
"There are a lot of good social events, a fair amount of corporate responsibility..."
"I've not had much client contact at my level as so much work for clients is done..."
"It came across as a good quality but friendly firm from what I read about it online...."
"I think the retention rates are very good. My impression is that if you want a job,..."
"We have a drinks trolley that comes round the office when we are celebrating very..."
"Truly approachable and an all-round good place to work."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"Providing for more international secondments would be great."