"A great place to work and develop."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"The application process during the vacation placement involves an interview, an in-tray..."
"The open-plan office allows for greater integration and access to seniors. As with..."
"The training at the firm is very thorough. You undergo training for each department..."
"My personal experience of all the partners and mentors I have worked with has been..."
"Some offices are very good, while some perhaps require modernising."
"The firm is in the process of transferring to flexible hours. However, trainees do..."
"The pay is good for the Scottish market but we get paid less than our peers in England...."
"Membership to the Royal Academy and good cricket tickets!"
"The questions are predominantly competency based. You might be asked about your strengths..."
"I think there could be some improvement in areas such as recycling."
"There are multiple groups highlighting these issues as well as opportunities to get..."
"I have been involved in some really interesting work and, as I've got further through..."
"I'm currently working on a pro bono matter, which is great! Additionally, the firm..."
"The firm genuinely strives to live by its values (approachable, bold and connected)..."
"The firm is slightly behind the curve in terms of financial remuneration in comparison..."
"The sectors it focuses on, its friendly culture and the quality of the work."
"They're good, especially in the regional offices. I was impressed at how flexible..."
"We have a drinks trolley that comes round the office when we are celebrating very..."
"Friendly, innovative and growing."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"I don't think it's quite right that you are given priority for your seat choices..."