"Open, supportive and sociable."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"The application process is very transparent. The criteria and qualities that candidates..."
"Partners are open and approachable and the firm doesn't seem too hierarchical. We..."
"We complete the usual professional skills course modules and receive training at..."
"Partners are easily accessible and approachable. Constant feedback, whether positive..."
"Our office has just been refurbished and we have moved to agile working. The new..."
"The firm is in the process of transferring to flexible hours. However, trainees do..."
"The salary is standard for a trainee solicitor in a similar international law firm...."
"The pension contribution is good and the firm pays for my railcard, which is also..."
"Questions are fairly standard. They're aimed at showing the interviewer more about..."
"I haven't been aware of much in this area. There is a push to do as much online as..."
"This is probably the standout factor at Pinsent Masons. The firm is very much committed..."
"In my first seat I was given new qualifier-level work and responsibility. This included..."
"I have volunteered with our Manchester office charity to provide free school uniforms..."
"The team I currently sit in really stands by the values of being approachable. People..."
"I think there are too many networking and corporate events that trainees are required..."
"The strong regional presence with the prestige of a large international firm."
"I have already received an offer of a new qualifier position at the firm though the..."
"We have an office in the Falklands."
"Ambitious, forward looking and innovative."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"London trainees should be guaranteed to be able to stay in London unless they choose..."