"Friendly, ambitious and accommodating."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"To become a trainee you need to complete an assessment centre that consists of an..."
"The firm is a very friendly place to work. The open-plan office environment ensures..."
"The training is very comprehensive and we hit our training hours within the first..."
"Solicitors are very accessible and I have always felt able to approach people to..."
"The offices in Edinburgh are old and soon to be replaced (two offices will be merging..."
"The firm is starting to introduce more flexible working but this is very much office..."
"Although we are at the higher end of trainee salaries, there is room for improvement...."
"All trainees get laptops and currently have iPhones provided. We get free dinners..."
"What are the differences between the firm and its main competitors? What are you..."
"I think there could be some improvement in areas such as recycling."
"The firm has diversity groups for minorities and works hard to improve firm policies..."
"I'm very satisfied. I get a variety of work from all team members and have had a..."
"There are many pro bono initiatives to get involved in; the problem is finding time..."
"Everybody at PM is genuinely approachable. The quality of work is excellent and the..."
"The hours in some teams are overly demanding and there's uncertainty around relocation..."
"The culture. I had been interviewed by other firms and the difference in the interview..."
"The retention rates are very good, but it all depends on what the business need is..."
"PM is expanding abroad rapidly and recently opened its fourth international office..."
"The nicest firm in the City."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"I would improve the availability of client secondments."