"Innovative and friendly."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"I was a vacation placement student and that application process involved an application..."
"I think the culture is one of the strong points of the firm. Most people are approachable,..."
"The professional skills course sessions are interesting. Most supervisors take their..."
"The supervisors I have had have given me invaluable advice and support. They have..."
"I love the London office. As much as I'd like to have my own office and the privacy..."
"It gets more flexible as you progress. There are opportunities to work from home..."
"Our pay is average for a City law firm, which is good for this level of experience...."
"My favourite perk is 40% off of cinema tickets and cinema food/drink."
"I mostly had competency-based questions around areas such as teamwork, organisation..."
"Everyone makes a conscious effort to be paperless!"
"I feel that the firm is very committed to diversity and equality. There are a number..."
"I'm very satisfied. I get a variety of work from all team members and have had a..."
"You are actively encouraged to get involved in various initiatives, including schools...."
"You receive a huge amount of support during the traineeship and everyone is very..."
"The firm is slightly behind the curve in terms of financial remuneration in comparison..."
"The culture and the atmosphere when I came to the placement. The interest the firm..."
"The retention rates at my firm are good, particularly in Scotland, and this has been..."
"You can attend an on-site HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) class every Thursday..."
"Truly approachable and an all-round good place to work."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"Being offered the opportunity to do an international secondment."