"Friendly, hardworking, non-hierarchical."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself and try to relax. No one is trying to trip you up in the interview."
"I think the culture is one of the strong points of the firm. Most people are approachable,..."
"There are very good training programmes with people who are approachable and always..."
"It varies from individual to individual but the majority of people I have worked..."
"The space and location is good but facilities would be improved by a gym and a wider..."
"This varies depending on departments but the firm is good for flexible working. Naturally,..."
"Because PM is London-based, my salary was higher than the average Scottish firm would..."
"We can get discounted theatre tickets and we have regular free social activities...."
"I was asked about my work/academic experience and extracurricular activities."
"The firm encourages us not to over print and has created policies in relation to..."
"Pinsent Masons is the highest ranking law firm on The Stonewall Top 100 Employers..."
"In my first seat I was given new qualifier-level work and responsibility. This included..."
"I know the firm has pro bono projects but I have not seen them in practice during..."
"The working environment, approachability of all members of the team regardless of..."
"Sometimes you have to work long hours and your workload can be a bit unpredictable...."
"I attended a vacation scheme at the firm and it showed me the friendly and open culture..."
"They are typically okay. The year above me had it tough as there were so many of..."
"We have a drinks trolley that comes round the office when we are celebrating very..."
"Bright and friendly people who work hard."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"More regular discussions with your trainee supervisor throughout the seat as opposed..."