"Innovative, forward-thinking and friendly."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"Practise your competency questions. Focus on the firm's innovation and strategy."
"The firm is a very friendly place to work. The open-plan office environment ensures..."
"The training at the firm is very thorough. You undergo training for each department..."
"Each trainee is given a supervisor. The supervisor involvement varies according to..."
"The Manchester office is based in Spinningfields, which is a good area to be in with..."
"This completely depends on your department. The industry requires long hours, particularly..."
"The pay is fine but lower than at some other firms. I'm not aware of any bonuses...."
"Having tickets to the Royal Exchange is a good idea. Team and firm social events..."
"I knew nothing about finance at the time as I had just completed a sports science..."
"I am not aware of any particular efforts."
"We're ahead of the curve on this. Seeing senior women working part time and in agile..."
"I'm very satisfied. All trainee roles (and more senior roles) involve a level of..."
"I'm currently working on a pro bono matter, which is great! Additionally, the firm..."
"There is a genuinely positive and supportive culture here at Pinsents, which I think..."
"There is quite a lot to take in at the start with all the IT systems etc."
"It came across as a good quality but friendly firm from what I read about it online...."
"I think the retention rates are very good. My impression is that if you want a job,..."
"Our building is apparently haunted."
"Friendly, innovative and growing."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"More exposure to billing."