"Approachable, bold and connected."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"Read up on how Pinsent Masons has become a purpose-led business. Ask questions, do..."
"The culture is fantastic. Colleagues of all levels are approachable and there is..."
"There's excellent and comprehensive training as well as the opportunity to access..."
"Almost all of the solicitors I have worked with have been very approachable and my..."
"Some offices are very good, while some perhaps require modernising."
"It gets more flexible as you progress. There are opportunities to work from home..."
"I think the trainee salary is competitive but the new qualifier salary is not so..."
"All trainees get laptops and currently have iPhones provided. We get free dinners..."
"What are the differences between the firm and its main competitors? What are you..."
"The firm could do more in this area but there are considerable recycling efforts,..."
"The firm puts diversity at the top of its agenda and is always looking for ways to..."
"In my first seat I was given new qualifier-level work and responsibility. This included..."
"I work on our E-Spark programme where we provide advice to entrepreneurs. Not only..."
"The culture. Everyone at the firm is exceedingly friendly and very generous with..."
"Sometimes you have to work long hours and your workload can be a bit unpredictable...."
"I attended a vacation scheme at the firm and it showed me the friendly and open culture..."
"The retention rates at the Leeds office were very good this year (8/10)."
"Olympic rower Matthew Pinsent's great-grandfather, Sir Richard Pinsent, was president..."
"Positive, supportive and friendly."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"I would improve the availability of client secondments."