"Outgoing and sociable. Ambitious and determined."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"I was a vacation placement student and that application process involved an application..."
"The firm has an excellent culture. The working environment is inclusive with a focus..."
"The firm runs training for trainees at the start of each seat that gives you the..."
"My personal experience of all the partners and mentors I have worked with has been..."
"Our offices are all centrally located and designed to a high standard. Our new Birmingham..."
"Our firm is very flexible when it comes to hours. I have been able to change my working..."
"I am satisfied with our pay. I do think that we were previously paid quite a bit..."
"We have recently introduced a secondment scheme for junior lawyers to move to another..."
"I knew nothing about finance at the time as I had just completed a sports science..."
"I think there could be some improvement in areas such as recycling."
"There are high-profile projects that the firm invests time and energy in, such as..."
"The level of work varies greatly but rest assured that you will get to see a little..."
"The firm is very committed. For instance, I've mentored children in inner-city Birmingham..."
"There is a genuinely positive and supportive culture here at Pinsents, which I think..."
"The lack of international secondments."
"The culture of the firm, the quality of the work and its reputation within the market...."
"The retention rates tend to be pretty good, although there is a robust new qualifier..."
"The name was originally going to be Mason Pinsent, which is hard to imagine now!"
"Modern, friendly and supportive."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"I would improve the availability of client secondments."