"Sociable, friendly and supportive."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"The firm takes around 70% of its trainees from the vacation scheme but you go through..."
"I appreciate that there may be teams that are not as transparent as mine but, in..."
"There are very good training programmes with people who are approachable and always..."
"It varies from individual to individual but the majority of people I have worked..."
"The Leeds office has just had a full refurb so everything is looking bright and new...."
"The working hours are better than I had feared and I have found the firm flexible...."
"Our pay is average for a City law firm, which is good for this level of experience...."
"My favourite perk is 40% off of cinema tickets and cinema food/drink."
"The interviewer wanted to know what my friends liked or found irritating about me..."
"We are actively encouraged to recycle, especially as we go through quite a lot of..."
"Diversity is definitely important to the firm. It has initiatives such as Project..."
"The quality of work can vary massively between departments. At the moment I do a..."
"I haven't had the opportunity to do any pro bono work but there are other volunteering..."
"The people, the support, the relaxed culture and the work/life balance."
"You don't get to see colleagues from other offices much when working on cross-office..."
"I enjoyed the vacation placement at the firm and learning a lot about what the firm..."
"Almost everyone who wants to stay is given the opportunity to do so. The only issues..."
"You can attend an on-site HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) class every Thursday..."
"Positive, supportive and friendly."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"More transparency in seat allocations. It's often not clear how a decision has been..."