"A friendly atmosphere with a good work/life balance."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"There's a written application (online) and assessment day for a two-week vacation..."
"I think the culture is one of the strong points of the firm. Most people are approachable,..."
"The training at the firm is very thorough. You undergo training for each department..."
"My personal experience of all the partners and mentors I have worked with has been..."
"The Manchester office could do with a revamp, especially compared to the other offices...."
"Hours depend pretty much entirely on your department. Mine has been very reasonable..."
"The trainee salary was bumped up a good amount in my second year after an annual..."
"There's new qualifier leave. You can take up to five weeks off on qualification and..."
"The questions are predominantly competency based. You might be asked about your strengths..."
"The firm could do more in this area but there are considerable recycling efforts,..."
"Pinsent Masons is very highly regarded with regards to LGBT+ equality and there is..."
"In my current position, which is a contentious department, the quality of the work..."
"I have volunteered with our Manchester office charity to provide free school uniforms..."
"The team I currently sit in really stands by the values of being approachable. People..."
"You don't get to see colleagues from other offices much when working on cross-office..."
"The emphasis on diversity."
"The retention rates at the firm are over 80%. Having said this, the Manchester office..."
"We have a drinks trolley that comes round the office when we are celebrating very..."
"International, market-leading and friendly."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"More transparency in seat allocations. It's often not clear how a decision has been..."