"Innovative, approachable and a good working environment."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"I was a vacation placement student and that application process involved an application..."
"I appreciate that there may be teams that are not as transparent as mine but, in..."
"There's departmental training for each seat that usually consists of two days at..."
"The supervisors I have had have given me invaluable advice and support. They have..."
"The Manchester office could do with a revamp, especially compared to the other offices...."
"My first seat was in corporate where the hours could be quite long. However, as long..."
"The salary is standard for a trainee solicitor in a similar international law firm...."
"The firm has a good pension scheme and will match your payments up to 5%. We sometimes..."
"All firms want to know why you are applying specifically to them, rather than just..."
"We have various recycling stations all over the offices and these are pointed out..."
"We have a lot of projects and initiatives to promote equality and are heavily recognised..."
"I am satisfied with the work assigned to me. My workload varies day to day and the..."
"The firm is very committed. For instance, I've mentored children in inner-city Birmingham..."
"There's a really enjoyable working environment as well as great colleagues and trainees...."
"There is a high chance of having to do two property seats in the Birmingham office...."
"The high-level clients, the range of departments and the people I had met at law..."
"I have been fortunate to secure a new qualifier position at the firm but I am aware..."
"We have an office in the Falklands."
"Approachable, bold and connected."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"Being offered the opportunity to do an international secondment."