"Friendly and inclusive."
- There is a wide variety of work for trainees and they are given increasing responsibility as their training contract progresses.
- People are approachable, making for a friendly and supportive culture.
- Employees are able to have a degree of flexibility in their working hours when needed.
- The firm is ranked very highly by Stonewall for its diversity.
- Pay is seen as being lower than some competitors, especially in the regional offices.
- The experiences of trainees can vary between departments and supervisors.
- Many trainees would like to have more international secondments available.
- Some felt that they would like more control over their seat allocations.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself and try to relax. No one is trying to trip you up in the interview."
"The effort Pinsent Masons puts into making all of its staff feel welcome and included..."
"The formal training varies between departments. It is very, very good in some but..."
"Some supervisors are better at this than others. In one seat, I was allocated a partner..."
"I am based in the Birmingham office, which is still very new and is visually a very..."
"Flexibility varies between teams but there is generally a lot more flexibility than..."
"Our pay is broadly on a par with other Manchester firms of the same size."
"We have recently introduced a secondment scheme for junior lawyers to move to another..."
"I remember being asked how my friends would describe me but also to talk about a..."
"There are a number of initiatives such as booking trains instead of flights and not..."
"Diversity is definitely important to the firm. It has initiatives such as Project..."
"You are given the opportunity to get involved with pretty much everything, so no..."
"I have taken part in a mentoring scheme based in Archway, acting as a mentor to year..."
"The firm has the open and friendly attitude of regional offices with the calibre..."
"Regional pay could be slightly more in line with the London lawyers."
"The culture of the firm, the quality of the work and its reputation within the market...."
"The retention rates at the firm are over 80%. Having said this, the Manchester office..."
"Because of mergers over the years, the firm has a real mix of people and accents,..."
"Ambitious, innovative and purposeful."
"During the vacation scheme, the emphasis was more on the firm getting to know you...."
"London trainees should be guaranteed to be able to stay in London unless they choose..."