"A friendly firm."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of formal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has won several awards for its work surrounding diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but becoming less competitive.
- Some trainees would like more consistent and regular feedback.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Research the firm, in particular some of the top-ranked practices."
"In my department it's highly collegiate and friendly. Good trainee social life -..."
"It's very much a learn by doing process. Some partners will explain why they make..."
"My supervisor is brilliant and he always makes sure that I know what I am doing...."
"They're easily the best views in London. There's nothing to complain about internally..."
"Agile working is certainly a possibility, but it's more for associates than trainees...."
"Good salary, in-line with most City/international firms. Bonuses are low at trainee..."
"There are a lot of benefits you can choose including gym membership, dental, health..."
"The interview process at Reed Smith is not as rigid or clinical as other firms. A..."
"My interview consisted mostly of competency based questions, such as when I had worked..."
"Certain departments are very green conscious and have gone largely paperless. Other,..."
"We're very committed to all types of diversity and this is reflected in the recruitment..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"Each of my first two seats have involved direct client contact on a daily basis...."
"There are so many opportunities. I have already been involved and I have been with..."
"Great people on my team. Learning a great deal."
"I wish we had a gym on site."
"The friendly nature of the firm drew me towards them, as did its open-door policy,..."
"The retention rates are quite high and there is usually a sufficient number of jobs..."
"The rooms are named after the places you can see from them."
"Friendly, challenging, leading."
"The firm is part of PRIME, a scheme in London which gives applicants from less privileged..."
"Some days are stressful. If I am working on an urgent application or injunction then..."
"Faster IT systems."