"Ambitious, innovative and has a keen interest in developing its..."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Candidates from a wide range of backgrounds. Align interests with practice areas..."
"I have some wonderful colleagues and we socialise a lot both at work and after. This..."
"The Masters course in Law and Business sponsored by the firm which I undertook alongside..."
"This is the best thing about the training contract so far. The people I have worked..."
"Looks similar to the TV show 'Suits'."
"Different departments work different hours but in my experience, if you have a holiday..."
"Trainees are eligible for a bonus if the firm meets its overall target, which is..."
"There are free dinners after 7.30 pm, taxis home after 9.00 pm and a great cake trolley..."
"I was required to attend an assessment day of three parts: an exam, a group interview..."
"The interviews were broad: questions ranged from commercial to competency-based."
"The office has many green initiatives designed to reduce its carbon footprint and..."
"There are lots of groups (PRISM, Multicultural Network) and it's definitely one of..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"Most of our clients are international so most interaction is over the phone or via..."
"Reed Smith is extremely committed to pro bono. We have a dedicated pro bono secondment..."
"Very welcoming and I get to do work that is of value to clients."
"The traditional office set up means that floor can be quite quiet - good for productivity..."
"The fact that it was a global firm with opportunities to work abroad definitely drew..."
"You tend to get lots of trainees who want the same jobs while certain departments..."
"The Shanghai skyscraper scenes in Skyfall were actually filmed in our offices."
"There are a large number of initiatives the firm is involved in - headed by Sarah..."
"Some days are stressful. If I am working on an urgent application or injunction then..."
"More even spreading of work among trainees as some can find themselves too busy while..."