"Friendly, challenging, leading."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"The usual commercial awareness and good knowledge of their own CV and answers to..."
"The culture varies from department to department and from supervisor to supervisor...."
"This is highly supervisor and practice dependent. I have been lucky and learned drafting,..."
"People are very keen to mentor but have different styles. Our peer trainee and associate..."
"We have the best views in London, a relaxed dress code and a pretty decent food service...."
"I've never had to work horrendous hours, and although longer than what a normal working..."
"It's very good, but could be better and in line with the rest of our competitors...."
"You get free dinners if you're working late and free cabs after 9.00 pm. There are..."
"When I joined there was an online exam, then if you were selected to continue there..."
"Interview questions were mostly about how my own experiences have taught me transferable..."
"In my experience, there seems to be little evidence that the firm is implementing..."
"The firm has been championing many diversity-related initiatives and the progress..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"I have just started to get some client interaction - it is still early days in my..."
"Reed Smith are genuinely dedicated to pro bono and there is a vast array of projects..."
"The firm consists largely of approachable and reasonable people, and we are mostly..."
"There have been issues regarding a lack of transparency in terms of who gets sent..."
"The culture/vibe at the firm is very genuine and relaxed. It's a place where people..."
"Rates are normally good - although it depends on the ratio of trainees who are after..."
"You have a good chance of meeting a film or music star. This is not only because..."
"Vibrant and bold."
"The firm is part of PRIME, a scheme in London which gives applicants from less privileged..."
"You're busy during the day but people generally accept that you need to leave at..."
"A greater feeling of achievement when I have done something well."