"Reed Smith: a truly international law firm with interesting practice..."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Commercial and intelligent people. The best way to prepare would be to stay involved..."
"As a trainee you sit with a partner or senior associate. If you need to go and talk..."
"The firm has on going sessions on trainee training and training specific to the department..."
"I receive feedback on a continuous basis from the associates and partners I work..."
"The firm has an amazing office with fantastic views from all angles. The facilities..."
"Hours are flexible. If there is work then you will need to stay, but they are also..."
"The pay compares to firms of its size in the City of London and is reviewed every..."
"Plenty of free lunches with lectures/seminars, regular drinks trolley events, recently..."
"I believe it is more competitive now but when I applied, I got my training contract..."
"I was asked about my dissertation, examples of when I had demonstrated various skills..."
"Reed Smith takes recycling seriously. However, compared to our diversity and pro..."
"We constantly win awards for diversity and there are many organisations here including..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"I'm very satisfied. I am emailing clients, providing advice, preparing documents..."
"Numerous projects both nationally and internationally. Some with other trainees,..."
"The broad range of international clients and the resultant multi-jurisdictional work...."
"Our salary is quite low for the market."
"Great international work and friendly people at interview and on the vacation scheme...."
"I think they're good and most people are taken on every cycle. If anyone leaves,..."
"We have a cake trolley every day at about 4.00 pm."
"The firm is varied, inclusive and social."
"The firm spends a huge amount on social mobility - lots of open days/training days...."
"Some days are stressful. If I am working on an urgent application or injunction then..."
"I'd appreciate a bit more one-on-one support from HR."