"Friendly, down-to-earth and respectful."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Know your CV well. Practise identifying skills that you have developed from your..."
"The culture of the firm is one of the best I have ever experienced. There is almost..."
"I found that the training on legal research skills (with the legal databases) was..."
"The supervisors are fantastic and keep trainees very involved and up to date with..."
"The London office is reasonably new so it's nicely done up, in an impressive building,..."
"I work 9:00/9:30am-6:30/7:00pm (latest). I think this is pretty reasonably compared..."
"Trainees received a bonus this year. It was welcome, as we have put in a great deal..."
"We are often given free tickets to theatres or exhibitions on a first-come-first-served..."
"The hiring process is quite long. The application form was more demanding than any..."
"Why Reed Smith and why commercial law? Where do you see yourself in five years? Give..."
"There are recycling bins everywhere!"
"There are major internal drives for diversity."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"I do lots of research and advisory tasks. I get few, if any, administrative jobs...."
"The firm participates in a number of pro bono brokerage programmes as well as taking..."
"Good hours, great office, good secondments, genuine open-door policy and great people...."
"Although some people are not very approachable; others can be."
"The feedback I had from friends who had experience of working in or with the firm..."
"Retention rates fluctuate at times. The firm is growing and jobs are bound to be..."
"While Reed Smith is a global firm, our biggest office is in London."
"Vibrant and bold."
"We do a lot of networking events with organisation such as the BLD Foundation and..."
"As with any career there are times when you are a bit stressed but never for prolonged..."
"Improvements to pay and bonus system."