"Friendly, positive and hard-working."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Prepare for the interview/vacation scheme in the way that you would for any other..."
"People are friendly and approachable and there is a pretty flat hierarchy. Hours..."
"There are opportunities for secondments, regular training sessions and a commitment..."
"We are given two mentors when we start - a current trainee and an associate in our..."
"Offices are pretty stunning. Dress code varies department to department but it is..."
"I have never been told I am expected in at a certain time or to stay in until a certain..."
"I think that the pay is good, and it has been raised this year which is great."
"We are often given free tickets to theatres or exhibitions on a first-come-first-served..."
"I believe it is more competitive now but when I applied, I got my training contract..."
"Interview questions were mostly about how my own experiences have taught me transferable..."
"We recycle and lighting is responsive (so artificial lighting is only triggered when..."
"Although the firm does have a diversity committee, I did feel that the firm could..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"I do lots of research and advisory tasks. I get few, if any, administrative jobs...."
"Excellent organisation of pro bono - headed by Sarah Ramwell - Corporate Social Responsibility..."
"Good people, friendly peer group, nice office and canteen."
"The unpredictable working hours."
"The niche practice areas, the people."
"I'm confident about retention in general, but less so about retention in a specific..."
"We have about 30 offices, including Kazakhstan and with over half of them being in..."
"Industry focused career within a friendly culture."
"A lot of work is done across the country to educate people on the option of this..."
"You're busy during the day but people generally accept that you need to leave at..."
"Improvements to pay and bonus system."