"Fun, friendly and ambitious."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"There's a standard application form as well as a situational strength test online..."
"Socialising amongst trainees is great, because we were all friends from law school..."
"We have continuous training sessions you can attend. These are both legal for specific..."
"People are very keen to mentor but have different styles. Our peer trainee and associate..."
"Dress code is business casual. Offices offer excellent views over central London,..."
"I have had very steady work hours - 8:30am-7:30/8:00pm most days. If I have had to..."
"The bonuses could be more generous."
"Free taxis after 9:00pm, dinner if you stay late, health insurance."
"The interview process at Reed Smith is not as rigid or clinical as other firms. A..."
"There are strengths-based questions and tests of your attention to detail, willingness..."
"In terms of reducing their carbon footprint; the firm recycles and the computers..."
"I think that the diversity at the firm is really good, and personally I believe that..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"This varies department to department and team to team massively."
"There are so many opportunities to get involved in pro bono work, and I wish I had..."
"Great client contact, lots of responsibility, amazing pro bono opportunities and..."
"There could be more overseas secondment opportunities now that a secondment is compulsory..."
"I found the international basis to be an attraction of the firm. This was alongside..."
"Ordinarily the retention rates of the firm are very high."
"It is the only US firm with its largest office outside the US and has more lawyers..."
"A friendly and collaborative firm."
"We do a lot of networking events with organisation such as the BLD Foundation and..."
"Some days are stressful. If I am working on an urgent application or injunction then..."
"A greater feeling of achievement when I have done something well."