"Friendly, down-to-earth and respectful."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Interviews are full on - CV then full interview with technical questions. Firm is..."
"As a trainee you sit with a partner or senior associate. If you need to go and talk..."
"Training is very good and very organised. Departments provide their own training..."
"People are very keen to mentor but have different styles. Our peer trainee and associate..."
"We have great offices with spectacular views."
"It can get very busy at times, which is understandable."
"It's pretty standard for medium-sized English firm in the City. This is a global..."
"There are a lot of benefits you can choose including gym membership, dental, health..."
"I was required to attend an assessment day of three parts: an exam, a group interview..."
"How would you feel about having to correct a partner if they have said something..."
"We are always encouraged to recycle and there is a firm-wide waste reduction programme...."
"The firm has been championing many diversity-related initiatives and the progress..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"I have been given a lot of responsibility day to day and the work is varied. My tasks..."
"I have worked with the Queen Mary Legal Advice Centre to provide advice to an individual..."
"Friendly people, nice offices and good lawyers."
"The pay to hours ratio isn't the best."
"I volunteered alongside Reed Smith solicitors at a legal advice clinic and found..."
"There are more jobs on offer than people applying. However, not all are in the areas..."
"We have a cake trolley every day at about 4.00 pm."
"Mover and shaker, on its way up in terms of UK brand."
"We do a lot of networking events with organisation such as the BLD Foundation and..."
"As with any career there are times when you are a bit stressed but never for prolonged..."
"I'd love a set finish time so I can make midweek plans!"