"A collection of niche specialities."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Best preparation is to smile, be friendly and be prepared to engage in conversation..."
"While there is more hierarchy here than I have been accustomed to in other professional..."
"There are plenty of Lunch & Learn sessions organised by various departments that..."
"Although ways of acting on specific issues are not always clarified, and you can..."
"Looks similar to the TV show 'Suits'."
"One of the most challenging things about working here is that I never know when I..."
"The fact that trainees get bonuses is already great - I understand not all firms..."
"The cakes that regularly appear in our kitchens are a fun perk."
"Reading a case, interview on legal points of case and personal background, group..."
"Why Reed Smith? Why law? What other industries have you looked at and why? Tell us..."
"In my experience, there seems to be little evidence that the firm is implementing..."
"Diversity is clearly an integral part of the Reed Smith ethos. This is both in the..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"Day-to-day, I spend a lot of my time undertaking legal research, preparing memos..."
"I have already been sent to Greece on the Refugee Protection Project and I am working..."
"Sense that the firm has things it wants to achieve and that it's going places."
"The firm is working to increase the awareness of its brand in the UK. Some progress..."
"I chose Reed Smith because of their interesting practice areas, nice culture and..."
"If people aren't kept on, it's usually due to jobs in their preferred department..."
"There are always cakes and chocolates in the kitchen – not great for the waistline...."
"Vibrant and bold."
"We do a lot of networking events with organisation such as the BLD Foundation and..."
"Some days are stressful. If I am working on an urgent application or injunction then..."
"More even spreading of work among trainees as some can find themselves too busy while..."