"A collection of niche specialities."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"To best prepare for the interview, I recommend going through all your work experience..."
"There's a minimal hierarchy and the managing partner's office is next door so I have..."
"There are trainee-specific training sessions at the start of every seat rotation..."
"This is the best thing about the training contract so far. The people I have worked..."
"Dress code is business casual. Offices offer excellent views over central London,..."
"In my current seat, there is considerable flexibility in terms of practitioners working..."
"Other firms seem to offer higher pay."
"Excellent pension scheme, great restaurant on site, variety of wellness and knowledge..."
"The hiring process is quite long. The application form was more demanding than any..."
"There are strengths-based questions."
"The office has many green initiatives designed to reduce its carbon footprint and..."
"We constantly win awards for diversity and there are many organisations here including..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"I find the work really interesting, but I could have more client interaction. I find..."
"There is a huge variety of pro bono projects to get involved in. I have done all..."
"Friendly atmosphere, beautiful building, relatively good hours, good interaction..."
"The occasional long hours."
"It's a highly regarded international firm with a broad range of practice areas. I..."
"I'm confident about retention in general, but less so about retention in a specific..."
"We have an office in Kazakhstan."
"Friendly, positive and hard-working."
"There are a large number of initiatives the firm is involved in - headed by Sarah..."
"Some days are stressful. If I am working on an urgent application or injunction then..."
"I'd love a set finish time so I can make midweek plans!"