"Approachable, friendly, great views."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"People with international experience. People who have worked in other careers and..."
"Despite the obvious hierarchy within a law firm, everyone here is extremely friendly..."
"We have a wide PSC course selection, this can be tailored to your specific needs...."
"When you complete a piece of work, the partner/associate will generally give you..."
"Great location, brilliant building, business casual dress code but no dress down..."
"Flexibility is good, but there is an awful lot of work."
"Decent pay but below the competition."
"Benefits generally are good - good pension match, season ticket loan, discounted..."
"I believe it is more competitive now but when I applied, I got my training contract..."
"I was asked a number of questions about my CV and some typical interview questions..."
"In terms of reducing their carbon footprint; the firm recycles and the computers..."
"The firm excels in this area across the board (from LGBT to disabilities)."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"In my first seat (non-contentious) I had an incredible amount of exposure to clients,..."
"I have already been sent to Greece on the Refugee Protection Project and I am working..."
"Friendly atmosphere, beautiful building, relatively good hours, good interaction..."
"There are long hours in the litigation department and a lack of international secondments..."
"I chose Reed Smith because of their interesting practice areas, nice culture and..."
"The retention rates are good and all those who are good enough can usually stay with..."
"The Shanghai skyscraper scenes in Skyfall were actually filmed in our offices."
"Global, growing, collaborative, exciting, supportive."
"The firm is part of PRIME, a scheme in London which gives applicants from less privileged..."
"Some days are stressful. If I am working on an urgent application or injunction then..."
"I would prefer to have six seats of four months each as the current structure (four..."