"Ambitious, innovative and has a keen interest in developing its..."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"It's key to know exactly why you want to work at Reed Smith."
"There are decent hours with a reasonably flat hierarchy and open-door policy. You..."
"We get a good mix of structured training sessions and on-the-job learning. There's..."
"People are very keen to mentor but have different styles. Our peer trainee and associate..."
"The offices are modern, bright, airy and open plan. We have superb views of London...."
"I appreciate the later start at the firm as it makes it possible for me to do the..."
"I would say salaries are fair."
"Variety of perks including moving bonus, pension and wedding gift."
"Application form is longer than for many other training contracts and includes a..."
"Standard competency-based questions relating to teamwork, responsibility, creativity,..."
"Reed Smith promotes recycling and cycling to work etc."
"We constantly win awards for diversity and there are many organisations here including..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"I receive good work. I'm responsible for negotiating and drafting documents as well..."
"Reed Smith are genuinely dedicated to pro bono and there is a vast array of projects..."
"The office, the view. The quality of the work is fantastic, as are the opportunities..."
"I've experienced a lack of consistent feedback."
"I got a good impression of the culture from the interview."
"Recent rates could have been better."
"You can abseil down the side of our offices at annual charity events, that’s 33..."
"A forward thinking and ambitious firm."
"Lots of work with Queen Mary University and other community schemes regarding helping..."
"Some days are stressful. If I am working on an urgent application or injunction then..."