"Global, growing, collaborative, exciting, supportive."
- The high-quality work and level of responsibility given to trainees show how highly valued they are by the firm.
- Friendly colleagues and an open culture make the firm an enjoyable place to work.
- A wide variety of informal training is on offer, providing lots of opportunities for developing new skills.
- The firm has several groups and societies for promoting diversity.
- Salaries are seen as good but not as high as some competitors.
- There could be more around seat rotation transparency.
- There can sometimes be competition for the more popular departments.
- Some feel that they would like more control over their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Take steps to find out things about the firm (anyone can read a website). It will..."
"The culture here is very varied: while some departments would rather you did the..."
"There are opportunities for secondments, regular training sessions and a commitment..."
"People are very keen to mentor but have different styles. Our peer trainee and associate..."
"Offices are pretty stunning. Dress code varies department to department but it is..."
"I work on average from 9.00 am to 9.30 pm but that is because we are heading to trial..."
"Pay is good at trainee level but the trainee bonus could perhaps be more generous...."
"Variety of perks including moving bonus, pension and wedding gift."
"I was required to attend an assessment day of three parts: an exam, a group interview..."
"I was asked the standard interview questions - e.g. why law? why this firm? Lots..."
"It's not bad, but we're trying to improve this year."
"A lot of focus on diversity from business development, HR, etc. Statistics starting..."
"I'm not really sure what it takes to become partner; this isn't relayed at my stage..."
"If you prove you can be trusted and are capable, you will be given more interesting..."
"We have an impressive list of reputable pro bono clients."
"Good hours, great office, good secondments, genuine open-door policy and great people...."
"People at the firm are very busy, so sometimes it can be difficult to get feedback..."
"Their strong media and entertainment department as well as their location and size...."
"The retention rates are average although this is often due to a bottle neck of trainees..."
"You can abseil down the side of the office for a charity event every year. That's..."
"Vibrant and bold."
"We do a lot of networking events with organisation such as the BLD Foundation and..."
"As with any career there are times when you are a bit stressed but never for prolonged..."
"Faster IT systems."