About Royal Aeronautical Society
The Royal Aeronautical Society is the world's only professional body and learned society dedicated to the entire aerospace community. Established in 1866 to further the art, science and engineering of aeronautics, the Society has been at the forefront of developments in aerospace ever since.
The Society seeks to (i) promote the highest possible standards in aerospace disciplines; (ii) provide specialist information and act as a central forum for the exchange of ideas; and (iii) play a leading role in influencing opinion on aerospace matters.
Student Affiliate Membership
If you are a full-time, you can qualify for our free Student Affiliate membership. You should be in full-time study and intending to follow a career in aerospace. Free membership is available for the duration of your course.
Benefits of Student Affiliate Membership
- Access to Career Flightpath interactive tool which includes exciting features such as free CV feedback, interview training, career assessments, career development e-learning hub, personal development course and 24/7 advices
- Free attendance to over 400 lectures and events worldwide and often at a Branch near you
- Free 1-2-1 careers guidance
- Professional registration advice and support with the Engineering Council UK
- Access to AEROSPACE magazine by downloading the app or through your online account.
- Sign up to our Young Persons Network which has over 8,000 like-minded young professionals
- Access to Scholarship Schemes such as the Centennial Scholarship Fund
- Use of the National Aerospace Library - FREE places at RAeS Conferences (subject to availability)
- Young people on industrial placements in the UK which are organised by The Year in Industry for 12 months before starting a degree course also benefit from free membership - contact YINI for details
At the end of your studies, you will automatically be invited to upgrade to e-Associate of the Society.