"More than meets the eye."
- Trainees are given a variety of interesting work to complete, with early responsibility.
- The firm is non-hierarchical and has a very friendly culture.
- The training on offer is well structured and trainees are provided with plenty of support.
- The firm has flexible hours and employees are able to work from home.
- Only a limited number of trainees can do the most popular seats, meaning that these can be very competitive.
- The seat selection process could be more transparent and flexible.
- Some feel that remuneration is falling behind that of competitors.
- Opportunities for pro bono work are lacking.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself! There's no 'one-size-fits-all' lawyer at RPC and we look for unique..."
"We work in an open-plan office, which almost eliminates hierarchy. I feel as though..."
"The firm takes training very seriously. We had extensive pre-joining training and..."
"This probably depends on each person's individual experience but I have had some..."
"Our office is in a great location and the open-plan works really well. The dress..."
"We have flexible working so you can work at home when you need to. I've also had..."
"Trainee pay isn't market-leading, but it is well within the average."
"Lots of events are laid on for us and both St Katharine's Docks and the Tower of..."
"There was an application form, psychometric tests and an interview for summer vacation..."
"I was asked about my educational background, interests outside of studies/work and..."
"I believe the building is environmentally friendly. RPC is also officially a paperless..."
"The firm puts out a good image on diversity but I'm not sure how well it translates..."
"The quality of work varies depending on the department you are currently sitting..."
"I haven't done any actual pro bono work but I have been involved with work for our..."
"I'm able to be myself at work, I don't have to leave my personality at the door and..."
"The fact that only a limited number of trainees can have the opportunity to do some..."
"I did a two-week summer scheme and loved my time at the firm."
"There are always more jobs than people but applicants often apply to the same places...."
"All of the artwork around the firm is by RPC employees."
"A friendly, hard-working and rewarding firm."
"I am aware of the firm's participation in certain City initiatives to improve diversity..."
"More transparency during the seat-move process."