"Innovative, ambitious, supportive, progressive and friendly!"
- Trainees are given a variety of interesting work to complete, with early responsibility.
- The firm is non-hierarchical and has a very friendly culture.
- The training on offer is well structured and trainees are provided with plenty of support.
- The firm has flexible hours and employees are able to work from home.
- Only a limited number of trainees can do the most popular seats, meaning that these can be very competitive.
- The seat selection process could be more transparent and flexible.
- Some feel that remuneration is falling behind that of competitors.
- Opportunities for pro bono work are lacking.
What insiders say about...
"Prepare examples of times that you have demonstrated certain activities for competency-based..."
"The firm has a great culture, including the house system which offers opportunities..."
"The training at the firm has developed my negotiation and presentation skills."
"We have a mentor system where trainees choose a mentor in their first seat. There..."
"Offices are impressive from the outside with lovely views overlooking the docks and..."
"Hours really depend on the department. We are generally one of the best that I'm..."
"The firm has just taken away bonuses. This does not affect me now but I think it..."
"We get regular free fitness classes, a subsidised café for lunch, half-price cakes..."
"There was an application form, psychometric tests and an interview for summer vacation..."
"I was asked a mixture of competency questions."
"The firm could do more in this area."
"There is a real focus on inclusion and diversity, the enhanced maternity policy is..."
"Working in a team with varying workloads means you can be given early responsibility..."
"The CSR programme could have a higher involvement rate and there is little by way..."
"I'm able to be myself at work, I don't have to leave my personality at the door and..."
"There's a lack of support staff if you're working late."
"The culture and progressive nature of the firm. I wanted to go somewhere a bit different..."
"There are always more jobs than people but applicants often apply to the same places...."
"There are fake sheep and ducks on the bridges between departments. No one really..."
"Friendly, innovative and welcoming."
"The firm makes a conscious effort to recruit from outside the universities traditionally..."
"I feel that there should be more international opportunities available at the firm...."