"Innovative, different, friendly."
- Trainees are given a variety of interesting work to complete, with early responsibility.
- The firm is non-hierarchical and has a very friendly culture.
- The training on offer is well structured and trainees are provided with plenty of support.
- The firm has flexible hours and employees are able to work from home.
- Only a limited number of trainees can do the most popular seats, meaning that these can be very competitive.
- The seat selection process could be more transparent and flexible.
- Some feel that remuneration is falling behind that of competitors.
- Opportunities for pro bono work are lacking.
What insiders say about...
"There is an interview and presentation during the application process. You should..."
"The open-plan structure really helps to break down the hierarchy, though it still..."
"RPC offers lots of internal training both firm wide and within groups. There is a..."
"I think that the mentoring programme is great."
"The office building is great, with a decent cafe and a beautiful view of the docks..."
"It can fluctuate a lot. There are times where you will have to come in on the weekends..."
"The trainee pay could be reviewed more but I think it is relatively in line with..."
"Vouchers for John Lewis and bottles of Champagne."
"There was an online application form and psychometric tests. These were followed..."
"Lots of competency based questions including focusing on areas such as teamwork,..."
"In terms of reducing the firm's carbon footprint, the air conditioning turns off..."
"I'm not able to give any personal insight into any of these issues. RPC has a similar..."
"I've been given a high level of responsibility, attended client meetings and gained..."
"I have been involved in various CSR initiatives, including a charity abseil!"
"Getting a high level of interaction with more senior lawyers, facilitated by the..."
"Not always being clear on how much autonomy trainees have."
"Small trainee intake, feeling that this was not a run-of-the-mill firm, well regarded..."
"I'm pretty confident that I will be retained but less sure of being kept on in the..."
"All the artwork on the walls are photographs taken by current or former employees..."
"The firm is dedicated, open and approachable."
"The firm makes a conscious effort to recruit from outside the universities traditionally..."