"Friendly, interesting and laid-back."
- Trainees are given a variety of interesting work to complete, with early responsibility.
- The firm is non-hierarchical and has a very friendly culture.
- The training on offer is well structured and trainees are provided with plenty of support.
- The firm has flexible hours and employees are able to work from home.
- Only a limited number of trainees can do the most popular seats, meaning that these can be very competitive.
- The seat selection process could be more transparent and flexible.
- Some feel that remuneration is falling behind that of competitors.
- Opportunities for pro bono work are lacking.
What insiders say about...
"The application process consists of quite an intense interview for the vacation scheme...."
"The working culture is great. Sitting open-plan on a mixed pod of partners, associates..."
"There is a good variety of in-house sector and skill training. The quality of these..."
"Supervising partners can vary from department to department. However, I have had..."
"There are loads of spaces and excellent facilities at the London office. The location..."
"The hours are very flexible, and I have found that as long as you get the work done,..."
"We get paid well compared to most jobs out there."
"There are some standard things one can buy relatively cheaply via sacrificing part..."
"There was an application form, psychometric tests and an interview for summer vacation..."
"All candidates are asked the same standardised questions to allow for a level playing..."
"The firm could do more in this area."
"Although personally I think that the firm could be more diverse than it is at the..."
"I get a high level of responsibility and the work is very varied. I've had quite..."
"I haven't done any actual pro bono work but I have been involved with work for our..."
"Working on top-quality work while still having a life. Feeling valued by my team..."
"Having no microwaves or fridges can make eating expensive."
"The friendly, encouraging atmosphere really drew me towards the firm. I could tell..."
"Generally pretty good, although there are some departments that are pretty competitive..."
"All members of the firm are assigned to a house: Reynolds, Porter or Chamberlain...."
"Ambitious, forward-thinking, down-to-earth."
"Open day scheme and attendance at events such as 'Late to Law'."
"More transparency in how seat moves are decided."