"Friendly, professional, innovative, work/life balance, fantastic..."
- The firm is very social with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- Relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"When applying there is an assessment centre with a variety of activities e.g. partner..."
"There is no obvious hierarchy at Shoosmiths. The open-plan offices enhance the team..."
"There is a training principal at the firm, and each trainee has a supervisor."
"People at the firm are generally happy to assist you. There is an 'above and beyond'..."
"Our offices are fantastic. They are very modern, clean and generally very nice places..."
"The firm is very flexible with hours and you are never required to stay late to 'show..."
"I think that our salary is a little behind other trainees in the area, however, the..."
"Extra day off on your birthday as well as a £50 voucher. You can nominate colleagues..."
"After a vacation scheme with the firm I was invited to an assessment centre. As I..."
"I was asked why I wanted to work for Shoosmiths, and to give examples of competency..."
"A reduction in printing has been taking place recently."
"There are many women at the firm and firm is one of the only firms with a female..."
"I have been given great quality work for household name clients and have been trusted..."
"We are given a minimum of a day every year to volunteer in the community. We also..."
"Good working environment and friendly culture."
"The remuneration and benefits package could be improved. There's also not enough..."
"The friendliness of the firm and the opportunities available. I also liked that Shoosmiths..."
"There are usually jobs available, albeit not always what people want to qualify into...."
"The Solent office has a charity tuck box and a drinks trolley most Fridays that raise..."
"Friendly, professional, innovative, work/life balance, fantastic clients, first class..."
"Work experience for applicants from less privileged backgrounds."
"Depends on workloads."
"I would prefer to have more social interaction with the national trainee group in..."