"A great firm with friendly and fun colleagues which is an exciting..."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"If you are looking to apply to Shoosmiths, I would definitely look to engage with..."
"Everyone is friendly and works hard to include you. There is no hierarchy and partners..."
"The firm does offer a lot of training sessions and the new ability to do cross-office..."
"Varies from department to department but on the whole very good. I have never had..."
"Some offices would get 10 out of 10, others 7. There is a refurbishment process occurring..."
"Working hours depend on the seat that you are in, but generally my hours are approximately..."
"Although the pay does not match City firms I feel it is reflective of the improved..."
"Parking at the Milton Keynes office is right in the centre of town. Free conveyancing..."
"You start with an application which asks skills based questions. There is then an..."
"They ask the usual compentency questions that you would expect in an interview with..."
"Regular initiatives are put in place to lower the firm's carbon footprint, including..."
"I noticed a big emphasis on diversity from the recruitment team. Female trainees..."
"I am involved in large deals and I am allowed to get involved in drafting documents...."
"As a trainee, you take part in a challenge to come up with a proposal for how to..."
"The quality of work/clients is high, and the people make for a friendly working culture...."
"People often live a long distance from the office and therefore socialising outside..."
"The work/life balance, the people, the good clients and the standard of the training..."
"I believe that previous intakes have all been looked after, even where no job was..."
"There's a cake trolley every other Friday."
"Great work, great people, great clients."
"We have corporate social responsibility schemes where we reach out/mentor high school..."
"Depends on workloads."
"It would be great to be able to do another two seats in other areas of interest."