"An approachable firm that is diligent in its work."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Try to attend as many events held by Shoosmiths as possible to get your name out..."
"The firm has a great ethos where there is no pressure to be in the office if it is..."
"Training at Shoosmiths is excellent, and offers brilliant exposure to work."
"Solicitors are all generally very approachable and I can speak to the majority of..."
"The new branding makes everything much more bright and colourful which is good!"
"The set hours are 9.00 am to 5.30 pm but you are expected to stay if there is work..."
"Pay does not reflect the quality of work and ambitions of the firm."
"We get free conveyancing and are signed up to corporate perks. There's also a pension..."
"You start with an application which asks skills based questions. There is then an..."
"I had to answer questions such as giving an example of where I led a team and any..."
"A lot of recycling initiatives are in place to ensure our carbon footprint is minimised..."
"There is strong female leadership at Shoosmiths, and good role models for young women...."
"I am currently in real estate and often have contact with clients by email and phone,..."
"I have worked on the trainee challenge, in which the first year trainees were challenged..."
"I have a high level of responsibility at work, and work with great people for good..."
"We have a lower salary compared to other firms of a similar size."
"The reputation for exceptional training and firm environment were both reasons why..."
"Retention varies by office and what the trainees in that intake want to do on qualification,..."
"We get our birthdays off."
"A firm that truly lives by its values."
"Our firm funds the GDL (if applicable) and LPC for future trainees who are about..."
"Depends on workloads."
"More guidance and training."