"Friendly and sociable with a good level of work and clients."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Applicants should definitely have a plan on what they want to get across about themselves..."
"The learning environment at Shoosmiths is great. It's an open-plan office environment,..."
"There are junior lawyer training sessions along with practice group specific bi-weekly..."
"The great thing about Shoosmiths is how approachable and helpful everyone is. As..."
"Most of the offices are very nice, but one is in need of a bit of refurbishment...."
"Generally expected to stay late if you have the work on (which I normally do!) but..."
"Pay for juniors is relatively low. There is no bonus system."
"If you go on a secondment, the firm will assist you with the costs associated with..."
"The assessment centre is rigorous but taking into account the investment that the..."
"There were numerous competency based questions asking me to demonstrate when I had..."
"The firm constantly monitors energy consumption and publishes reports on computers..."
"The graduate recruitment team is certainly very hot on this and it's great to see...."
"I have been given great quality work for household name clients and have been trusted..."
"There are many opportunities available to get involved in clinics, etc."
"The extremely friendly working environment is a plus for me!"
"The office space is too small for the number of people working in it."
"Meeting the firm's representatives at the university law fair, attending a workshop..."
"The retention rates are good but you never know what is going to happen."
"Our CEO began as a trainee here at the firm."
"Friendly and approachable firm providing high quality advice."
"The firm pays for the GLD and LPC, and provides a maintenance grant if you are about..."
"Depends on workloads."
"Better coffee in the kitchens!"