"Expanding national firm."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"I have seen that trainees at the firm tend to be down to earth but confident, with..."
"The firm's culture is very evident throughout. The firm encourages its employees..."
"Gaining a broad range of skills is actively encouraged. The firm runs regular focused..."
"Partners are accessible due to the 'open-door' policy."
"The Reading office space is a large open-plan office in the city centre next to the..."
"Trainees aren't expected to stay and work for the sake of it. That said, it isn't..."
"The pay is fine for trainees but you hear comments from the qualified lawyers who..."
"You are given Birthday vouchers of (£50), and have access to free conveyancing and..."
"After a vacation scheme with the firm I was invited to an assessment centre. As I..."
"Something topical is usually asked."
"A reduction in printing has been taking place recently."
"The firms has won awards for our commitment to diversity. Diversity training forms..."
"You get really good work for big clients."
"Some people are more committed than others and the programme could be more organised...."
"Atmosphere, work/life balance, exposure to work, quality of supervision."
"The remuneration and benefits package could be improved. There's also not enough..."
"The culture. It seems unique."
"I think that there will be newly qualified jobs available. However, if more than..."
"In every McDonald's in the UK there will be a licence with the firm's stamp at the..."
"Dynamic, innovative, non-hierarchical."
"Each office has Diversity Champions. I am a Diversity Champion for the Solent office..."
"Depends on workloads."
"More training could be remote or occasionally held in a more southern location."