"An approachable firm that is diligent in its work."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"I believe the firm is looking for people with the same beliefs as it has and a good..."
"There's a friendly culture. People are always happy to help and good teamwork is..."
"There are personal development courses available throughout the year to supplement..."
"Varies from department to department but on the whole very good. I have never had..."
"The office is open plan and right in the centre of Edinburgh. It has grown in terms..."
"There's usually a great work/life balance. I tend to be out of the office by 6.30..."
"Decent but unexceptional salary. You work at the firm for more than just the money...."
"The firm give us free conveyancing for one property per year, the right to buy and..."
"I initially applied for the one week vacation scheme. If you do well on the scheme,..."
"Be prepared for one or two left-field questions where they will look for you to either..."
"We just participated in Climate Week and there is a big push to ensure all computers..."
"There is a LeanIn committee that promotes women. The LGBT community is well accepted..."
"Dependant on the department you work in there is usually only one trainee meaning..."
"Currently working on a boundary dispute pro bono project in the Real Estate Department...."
"Exposure to clients and a high level of responsibility."
"The hours can be unforgiving, especially in certain departments."
"The working environment and the quality of work/training that the firm had to offer..."
"It is dependent on the team you want to qualify into and whether there are any jobs..."
"We have an amazing annual ski trip attended by partners through to trainees/paralegals..."
"Friendly and approachable firm providing high quality advice."
"Our firm funds the GDL (if applicable) and LPC for future trainees who are about..."
"Depends on workloads."
"Improve the Birmingham office's facilities."