"Inclusive, professional, challenging."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"I have seen that trainees at the firm tend to be down to earth but confident, with..."
"Teamwork is a huge focus at Shoosmiths. There is complete visibility throughout the..."
"The firm has introduced a quarterly training day for trainees to teach more soft..."
"My team is very accessible and I can ask question of any member of the team ranging..."
"Our offices are all slowly being modernised. The Manchester office in particular..."
"On a quieter day my hours are typically 8:45am to 6:00pm, and on a busier day they..."
"The trainee salary could be higher, but it is at a good standard rate for trainees...."
"Get a day off for your birthday and a £50 voucher to spend in a shop of your choice...."
"I was asked about my work experience, how I responded to negative/constructive feedback,..."
"I was asked what my biggest weakness was when I worked in a team."
"A reduction in printing has been taking place recently."
"Shoosmiths is a friendly and diverse firm. I have never experienced any difference..."
"The work is varied and interesting and of a high quality compared to most national..."
"The trainees are given a pro bono challenge to get involved in pro bono whenever..."
"Good working environment and friendly culture."
"Salaries are low compared to similar firms."
"I applied here because of the firm's friendly nature, and the fact that it was an..."
"The retention rates are good but you never know what is going to happen."
"There are painted canvases in the kitchens in the Manchester office, with each representing..."
"Approachable, professional, with a strong sense of direction."
"Depends on workloads."
"I would like more social events."