"Shoosmiths is a friendly, sociable and innovative firm to work..."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Applicants should definitely have a plan on what they want to get across about themselves..."
"Teamwork is very important at Shoosmiths. Practice groups work together to deliver..."
"Training at Shoosmiths is excellent, and offers brilliant exposure to work."
"All of the solicitors and partners are accessible and make good mentors. Each trainee..."
"Our offices are all slowly being modernised. The Manchester office in particular..."
"It depends on the department, but I think that the firm is good by law firm standards...."
"Pay is as expected and is in line with firms of a similar size in similar regions...."
"Extra day off on your birthday as well as a £50 voucher. You can nominate colleagues..."
"They are looking for intelligent, commercially aware students who show enthusiasm,..."
"Something topical is usually asked."
"Lights are switched off over night. The firm recently installed a new printer system..."
"I've not had a great experience of this, but the firm appears very good at accommodating..."
"The work is interesting and I have been given a fairly good level of responsibility...."
"Plenty of pro bono work is available to undertake if desired."
"The friendly people and the lack of hierarchy, plus some really great work and high-quality..."
"People often live a long distance from the office and therefore socialising outside..."
"I wanted to enjoy going to work whilst ensuring that I received the best training..."
"Retention rates are high but mostly in Real Estate and Corporate Departments, I would..."
"Shoosmiths is full of amazing bakers! Every Monday is a like a scene from the Great..."
"We have corporate social responsibility schemes where we reach out/mentor high school..."
"Depends on workloads."
"Less time spent on trainee challenges and more time to focus on your work and training...."