"Varied and interesting."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Candidates should become familiar with the firm's culture/strategy, and identify..."
"Teams are generally really fun and have a work-hard play-hard culture. There's no..."
"A lot of time is invested in trainee development, for which we have checklists and..."
"Mentors at the firm are good, and you have regular catch-ups with your supervisor..."
"The office I work in is good, and there are dress down Fridays too."
"I don't feel like I'm chained to my desk. I have a life outside the office and this..."
"There isn't a bonus structure."
"Having your birthday off as an additional day's holiday and being given £50 in vouchers..."
"The process consists of a written application with successful candidates being invited..."
"I was asked to give an example of a time that I had innovated to solve a problem,..."
"A new printing system was implemented in an effort to reduce unnecessary printing...."
"There is strong female leadership at Shoosmiths, and good role models for young women...."
"I am involved in large deals and I am allowed to get involved in drafting documents...."
"Pro bono plays a big part in the firm and, as trainees, we are actively encouraged..."
"The people are genuinely supportive and good to work with. There is a lot of City..."
"The salary could be higher in my opinion."
"The friendliness of the firm and the opportunities available. I also liked that Shoosmiths..."
"There are usually jobs available, albeit not always what people want to qualify into...."
"We have an amazing annual ski trip attended by partners through to trainees/paralegals..."
"Client-focused, open, friendly."
"We have corporate social responsibility schemes where we reach out/mentor high school..."
"Depends on workloads."
"Earlier consultation on seat moves, and perhaps a more fixed procedure in place to..."