"A great firm with friendly and fun colleagues which is an exciting..."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Understand client expectations and that, although we are lawyers, we are also running..."
"The firm has a fantastic culture. This morning I came in to an Easter egg from the..."
"We have a trainee induction week, get training within our department that extends..."
"Varies from department to department but on the whole very good. I have never had..."
"The Manchester office is a great space in Spinningfields. Whilst most of our other..."
"This will very much depend on the department that you work in. In my particular case,..."
"Pay is as expected and is in line with firms of a similar size in similar regions...."
"The firm give us free conveyancing for one property per year, the right to buy and..."
"I attended a vacation scheme at Shoosmiths. At the end of this I gave a marketing..."
"If you could stand on a soapbox on the corner of one of Birmingham's streets and..."
"Our Corporate Social Responsibility Director plays a big role in ensuring Shoosmiths..."
"Shoosmiths genuinely recruits people from a diverse range of backgrounds, something..."
"I mainly deal with admin and project work, and there is a lot of client contact for..."
"All trainees are required to get involved in a six-month long pro bono project of..."
"I love working for a firm that assists and represents so many well-known clients...."
"Working on a business park."
"I did a vacation scheme at Shoosmiths and really enjoyed it and the location is perfect..."
"The retention rates are good but you never know what is going to happen."
"There's a cake trolley every other Friday."
"A down to earth, non-stuffy, friendly and smart firm."
"I am a member of several schemes to assist those from less privileged backgrounds...."
"Depends on workloads."
"Less time spent on trainee challenges and more time to focus on your work and training...."