"Welcoming, friendly and ambitious."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"There's an online application and an assessment day that includes a group task, a..."
"The firm's culture is very evident throughout. The firm encourages its employees..."
"The firm does offer a lot of training sessions and the new ability to do cross-office..."
"Partners are accessible due to the 'open-door' policy."
"We are right in the centre of Manchester, Spinningfields, and the offices have impressive..."
"My hours are generally consistent but can be erratic at times. To its credit, the..."
"I believe that the trainee salary is behind other firms of our size and structure,..."
"Extra day off for your birthday, pension, season ticket loan."
"The assessment is focused around an assessment day which includes an interview, a..."
"The questions in the interview are designed to draw out your personality; for example,..."
"The firm constantly monitors energy consumption and publishes reports on computers..."
"The firm employ a lot of women, but as is often the case, nowhere near enough at..."
"Each team is relatively small meaning I have been heavily involved in matters from..."
"As a trainee, you take part in a challenge to come up with a proposal for how to..."
"The people. The level of work and responsibility. The level of engagement. The emphasis..."
"There's a bit of a lack of organisation for training contracts and seats etc."
"Even from afar, it was evident how friendly everyone at Shoosmiths was. The firm..."
"Retention rates are good. It is a fairly transparent process with early indication..."
"We get our birthdays off."
"Innovative, down-to-earth, forward-thinking!"
"Depends on workloads."
"More guidance and training."