"Fantastic clients, a great quality of work and amazing colleagues...."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"The firm looks to hire commercially aware, confident individuals. My tip would be..."
"Teamwork is a huge focus at Shoosmiths. There is complete visibility throughout the..."
"The induction week is a full-on week designed for you to meet all the other trainees,..."
"My supervisor is very approachable and is always willing to explain things, even..."
"The new branding makes everything much more bright and colourful which is good!"
"You're not expected to work late unless there is something that can't wait."
"My salary needs to be improved when it is compared to the City, but otherwise it..."
"Perks include free conveyancing after a year of employment."
"I was an internal applicant, but the process is very similar to someone applying..."
"The questions ranged from competency questions to questions based on current affairs...."
"We are trying to go paper-lite and we recycle."
"While I would say that diversity could be improved in some respects, the firm has..."
"I am regularly in contact with our clients and am able to play an active role in..."
"Shoosmiths has both firm charities of the year and office charities of the year."
"The people are really friendly and welcoming, the work is good and the hours are..."
"Although it is not terrible, the trainee salary could be better."
"The reputation for high-quality training."
"The firm's retention rate has been around 77% for the last few years. This is not..."
"The firm has fruit delivered to all the office kitchens twice a week."
"A down to earth, non-stuffy, friendly and smart firm."
"Work experience for applicants from less privileged backgrounds."
"Depends on workloads."
"I would like the salary to be a little higher."