"Friendly and sociable with a good level of work and clients."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure that your personality comes across in your application form and during..."
"Everyone here is really approachable and there are no barriers between people of..."
"The firm has introduced a quarterly training day for trainees to teach more soft..."
"The open office plan makes everyone accessible, and the partners are always approachable...."
"Some offices would get 10 out of 10, others 7. There is a refurbishment process occurring..."
"The hours in the corporate team are probably the most difficult in the firm. On an..."
"Shoosmiths does not offer bonuses to employees. However, the trainee pay is good..."
"There's free peppermint tea in the kitchen (not just tea and coffee), with a variety..."
"I was asked about my work experience, how I responded to negative/constructive feedback,..."
"I was asked a lot of questions about myself. There was also a discussion based on..."
"We are encouraged to reduce printing, turn off lights and PCs, etc."
"Generally very good. A lot of senior women with children."
"I am currently in real estate and often have contact with clients by email and phone,..."
"There are many opportunities available to get involved in clinics, etc."
"The people are really friendly and welcoming, the work is good and the hours are..."
"The Manchester office is split into two locations whilst we are looking for larger..."
"I did a vacation scheme at Shoosmiths and really enjoyed it and the location is perfect..."
"This can vary wildly depending on which office you are looking to qualify into."
"In every McDonald's in the UK there will be a licence with the firm's stamp at the..."
"Professional and friendly experts."
"I am from a less privileged background and I felt comfortable applying to Shoosmiths..."
"Depends on workloads."
"I would rather have an office than work in open-plan."