"Friendly and sociable with a good level of work and clients."
- The firm is very sociable with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Trainees get a good amount of responsibility and client interaction from an early stage.
- The work/life balance of trainees is treated with importance.
- Very strong mentoring and detailed feedback is given regularly.
- There’s relatively low remuneration compared to other firms.
- Some trainees would like to have more secondment opportunities.
- While the firm is flexible, some departments can have demanding hours.
- Retention rates can vary a lot between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Applicants should definitely have a plan on what they want to get across about themselves..."
"The learning environment at Shoosmiths is great. It's an open-plan office environment,..."
"There is a training principal at the firm, and each trainee has a supervisor."
"People at the firm are generally happy to assist you. There is an 'above and beyond'..."
"Light spacious, open plan office. The coffee machine is not free! Smart-casual dress..."
"Working hours depend on the seat that you are in, but generally my hours are approximately..."
"The pay seems to have been consistently improving throughout my time here. The firm..."
"Parking at the Milton Keynes office is right in the centre of town. Free conveyancing..."
"The day was synchronised to be a fluid process with one topical theme. The day evolved..."
"The questions ranged from competency questions to questions based on current affairs...."
"The firm is trying to go agile and paperless, but this takes time."
"There are many women at the firm and firm is one of the only firms with a female..."
"Little client interaction in my current team, but good exposure to work. I'm allowed..."
"I take part in a programme called CommuniCare which is a free legal clinic which..."
"I work with people in a respectful culture, undertaking interesting work with known..."
"Junior lawyer salaries could be better."
"I was already working there as a paralegal and I loved the firm so I wanted to stay..."
"The firm generally has more new qualifier jobs than trainees qualifying, meaning..."
"We get Krispy Kreme doughnuts quite a lot!"
"An ambitious firm that provides a friendly working environment."
"The firm pays for the GLD and LPC, and provides a maintenance grant if you are about..."
"Depends on workloads."
"I would rather have an office than work in open-plan."