"Ambitious and hard-working."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"My advice would be just to know your application and know the firm. Show some sort..."
"There are lots of social events, ranging from internal charity fundraisers to sports..."
"There is an internal training programme run throughout the course of the training..."
"I feel I have been very well-supervised. The feedback that you receive is useful..."
"The offices are spacious and conducive to Sidley's open-door policy. Most doors are..."
"This depends on what's going on. Generally, it doesn't matter when you do your work..."
"I've got a very high opinion of the salary."
"Getting a taxi home after 9.00 pm is a nice perk, and £25.00 for dinner after hours..."
"My interview was with two partners, who asked me questions about my application form..."
"I was asked about my previous work experience, reasons for wanting to work at Sidley..."
"This could be massively improved."
"We have a diversity committee and a women's committee which meet to discuss potential..."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"While the work has varied from seat to seat, it has nonetheless been very interesting..."
"As a global firm, Sidley has an Africa/Asia pro bono programme, where we generally..."
"The culture is super friendly and there is a great support system in place to ensure..."
"Lack of women in senior positions."
"Most of my legal work experience was in the corporate departments of various law..."
"Retention rates are very good. It just depends on whether the department you want..."
"The Obamas met at the Chicago headquarters!"
"A friendly and collaborative working environment."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"Depending on the department, the stress levels can be quite high at times."
"I think the firm should have a formalised feedback system, which would make it easier..."