"Friendly, collaborative and hard-working."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of high quality.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very competitive in the industry.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the formal training is lacking at the firm.
- The firm is not seen as being active with regards to green initiatives.
- The office facilities are lacking, though a move to new offices is planned.
What insiders say about...
"My advice would be just to know your application and know the firm. Show some sort..."
"Extremely friendly firm with a truly open-door policy. At the same time, everyone..."
"There is an internal training programme run throughout the course of the training..."
"There is no mentoring programme, but most partners are very accessible. We work closely..."
"I was surprised at how relaxed the dress code is: hardly anyone wears a tie."
"Only stay late when vital."
"Trainees do not receive bonuses. Associates who do receive bonuses must record at..."
"The Christmas party is a wonderful spectacle with plenty of good food, drink, music..."
"One hour interview with two partners. General questions about my application and..."
"Questions about myself - when have I demonstrated leadership, teamwork, perseverance,..."
"I have not heard or seen anything in particular."
"We have a diversity committee and a women's committee which meet to discuss potential..."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"Work varies by department but my general experience has been of helping associates..."
"BPP mentoring programme. The firm does run a few other pro bono initiatives and takes..."
"From the first time I stepped into the office, the whole culture and atmosphere astounded..."
"The pay scale doesn't match some other US firms."
"I applied here for the opportunity to work on many types of work and get a lot of..."
"Generally speaking they are very good. As we are quite a small London office, sometimes..."
"The Obamas met at the Chicago headquarters!"
"A high-calibre US firm."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"Depending on the department, the stress levels can be quite high at times."
"Have a better work/life balance."