"Good, hardworking, nice."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of high quality.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very competitive in the industry.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the formal training is lacking at the firm.
- The firm is not seen as being active with regards to green initiatives.
- The office facilities are lacking, though a move to new offices is planned.
What insiders say about...
"The interviews are testing, but in an intellectual and thoughtful way."
"This is a very friendly office with a good level of social events. Different groups..."
"Trainees have to give presentations to each other on legal topics that we find interesting...."
"The supervisors are our first point of contact and will take the time to go through..."
"Office space is quite good, but some offices end up looking smaller as people tend..."
"Working late is expected and there is no flexible hours culture. However there is..."
"The starting salary is competitive."
"You do get a good pension scheme and access to private health care. You are also..."
"The assessment process consists of an online application form, which is followed..."
"Why law and why Sidley?"
"It's hard in a law office, but we could try to do more recycling in the kitchen areas..."
"They actively try to recruit in a diverse manner and there is an active women's committee...."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"The quality of work is excellent and we are given a lot of responsibility."
"There are good pro bono projects and I have worked on five of them in the last 19..."
"Good responsibility early on; support from great associates"
"There has been an unfortunate shift away from some things such as approachability..."
"It's a very good and prestigious firm and the people seemed very skilled and friendly...."
"I think the rates are generally pretty good; the firm does try to find somewhere..."
"We are the fastest at the Tour de Law challenge!"
"Interesting work and excellent colleagues."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"It can get very stressful at times when deadlines are tight and there is a lot of..."
"Provide more transparency with regards to seat choices."