"Powerhouse with talented people."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"I would thoroughly recommend keeping on top of the news and having a high-level understanding..."
"Extremely friendly firm with a truly open-door policy. At the same time, everyone..."
"It would be nice to have some formal, seat-specific training before starting a seat...."
"There is a very real open-door policy at my firm and people are very happy to give..."
"Location is good and the dress code is city smart but not suits. The office has a..."
"Hours can be long but this is what I expected when joining the firm. They are still..."
"Bonuses kick in at the associate level; overall pay is pretty good."
"The Halloween party is a huge affair and probably the largest of the year. The whole..."
"The competition is fierce as is to be expected with only ten places available. The..."
"We talked through a recent business case and I got asked business/commercial awareness..."
"Reducing its carbon footprint is very important to the firm."
"The firm is very committed to diversity and equality in the workplace."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"The more you move into your training contract, the more responsibility you are given...."
"BPP mentoring programme. The firm does run a few other pro bono initiatives and takes..."
"The work the firm does is very interesting and trainees can get involved from a very..."
"Lack of women in senior positions."
"I was interested in finance and Sidley has a strong reputation in this area. I wanted..."
"Retention rates are quite good - around 80%."
"Barak Obama met Michelle Obama when he was a summer associate in our Chicago office...."
"Supportive, open-minded and expanding."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"Challenging and stressful but enjoyable work."
"Have structured social events for trainees and associates to meet and get to know..."