"Professional and with a high quality of work but top heavy."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"There was a written application, a psychometric test and then one interview with..."
"The culture is very friendly and fun, but the hours can be very long."
"The training programme mostly comprises learning on the job. There is set training..."
"My supervisor is very nice and a good mentor, but I don't see much evidence of a..."
"I was surprised at how relaxed the dress code is: hardly anyone wears a tie."
"Generally work hours are 9:00am-7:00pm on a good day, but it can go on til much later..."
"The trainee pay is very good. Trainees are not eligible for bonuses, which is a shame..."
"We get a very good salary. Taxis are provided along with a food allowance up to £25.00..."
"The competition is fierce as is to be expected with only ten places available. The..."
"I was asked questions based on my application form as well as my interests and hobbies..."
"The firm could do a lot more by way of recycling and ensuring lights are turned off..."
"The firm has an active diversity committee which organise many initiatives. The firm..."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"I am usually doing the same work a first or second year associate is doing on the..."
"We do as much pro bono work as you would expect from any City firm. They have taken..."
"Good, interesting work. Intelligent, professional and kind people."
"The hours can sometimes be long and unpredictable. The firm is sometimes a high pressure..."
"The client base, diversity of work and international aspect."
"The rates have historically been very good, though there was a slight drop last year,..."
"We have a very extravagant Christmas party at Claridges."
"A small but well-respected office."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"Challenging and stressful but enjoyable work."
"More training before the start of new seats."