"A welcoming, respectful and smooth operation."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"There is an interview for the vacation scheme that focuses on your application and..."
"There's very much an open-door policy. In the kitchens and corridors, anyone from..."
"The training programme is good. We have a very structured programme which includes..."
"People are accessible at all levels and do generally appear to create time to explain..."
"Facilities are good and the offices are centrally located; close to Tube and main..."
"I have been lucky with my departments so far and have only left after 8.00 pm on..."
"It's very good, we're paid well here."
"We often get the chance to receive discounted concert and match tickets. There are..."
"The competition is fierce as is to be expected with only ten places available. The..."
"I was asked about my previous work experience, reasons for wanting to work at Sidley..."
"The firm is developing its green initiatives and policies."
"While women at a partner level are still incredibly sparse, this is something that..."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"For the most part there are plenty of opportunities for client contact. The low ratio..."
"As a global firm, Sidley has an Africa/Asia pro bono programme, where we generally..."
"Broad range of work, opportunity to gain a lot of experience, very hands on, opportunity..."
"Lack of women in senior positions."
"The firm clearly knew what it was doing and what image it wanted to present. It had..."
"Given the firm has small intakes, retention rates will very much depend on the particular..."
"The firm has a roof terrace which is fantastic in the spring/summer!"
"Supportive, open-minded and expanding."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"It can get very stressful at times when deadlines are tight and there is a lot of..."
"More training before the start of new seats."