"Professional and with a high quality of work but top heavy."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"Have a number of scenarios up your sleeve for each competency e.g. teamwork and leadership,..."
"The culture is mostly good, with most people being very supportive and friendly."
"Training consists mainly of lunchtime presentations on a variety of legal-related..."
"Most of the lawyers are very open and some of the partners operate 'open-door' policies...."
"The firm's location is quite central to the City and is spread over three floors...."
"This depends on what's going on. Generally, it doesn't matter when you do your work..."
"The trainee pay is very good. Trainees are not eligible for bonuses, which is a shame..."
"Getting a taxi home after 9.00 pm is a nice perk, and £25.00 for dinner after hours..."
"The assessment process consists of an online application form, which is followed..."
"The interview often presents the candidate with a hypothetical business issue. The..."
"I have no clue about this, which probably says a lot. There aren't a lot of recycling..."
"We have female-led groups and diversity is a focus of some partners. Maternity and..."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"You get given a good level of work. Yes, the quality fluctuates but generally you..."
"There are a large number of pro bono matters that are carried out in the firm."
"The people are very friendly and trainees are very much a part of the team."
"Due to the international nature of the hours can be unpredictable - you do not know..."
"Originally its prestige but ultimately the people who work there."
"The retention rates have historically been great due to the small intake. I am confident..."
"We have a ping pong table and a customised 'Sidley' foosball table."
"Established office of a US firm in London."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"It can get very stressful at times when deadlines are tight and there is a lot of..."
"Provide more transparency with regards to seat choices."