"A welcoming, respectful and smooth operation."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"I think most people at Sidley would tend to agree that Sidley does not have a particular..."
"There is an 'open-door' policy, partners and associates are always available and..."
"In my experience we tend to learn on-the-job with some formal training dotted throughout..."
"The mentoring and informal training at Sidley is excellent. All supervisors take..."
"I was surprised at how relaxed the dress code is: hardly anyone wears a tie."
"Working late is expected and there is no flexible hours culture. However there is..."
"The salary for the trainees is excellent compared to other firms I applied to."
"Perks include: taxis and dinner home after 9:00pm, yearly gym contribution, non-contributory..."
"My interview was with two partners, who asked me questions about my application form..."
"I was asked questions based on my application form as well as my interests and hobbies..."
"The firm is developing its green initiatives and policies."
"The firm has an active diversity committee which organise many initiatives. The firm..."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"Work varies by department but my general experience has been of helping associates..."
"I have just volunteered for a programme with LawWorks that will help people challenge..."
"There's excellent remuneration and benefits as well as very interesting work and..."
"The work can be time pressured."
"The friendly atmosphere, good retention rates, and quality of the work."
"There was a blip last year, but I do not believe it is a reflection of the firm's..."
"The firm has a roof terrace which is fantastic in the spring/summer!"
"Professional and with a high quality of work but top heavy."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"It can get very stressful at times when deadlines are tight and there is a lot of..."
"Have a better work/life balance."