"Friendly firm with an excellent quality of work."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form, and a partner interview. Read up on the types of clients..."
"Everyone is very sociable and friendly."
"The firm does offer training courses throughout the training contract, which are..."
"There is a very real open-door policy at my firm and people are very happy to give..."
"The firm operates a fairly relaxed dress code unless you are attending a client meeting...."
"Only stay late when vital."
"In one word, the salary is excellent!"
"We have excellent healthcare, an in-house gym and a large budget for evening meals...."
"The assessment process consists of an online application form, which is followed..."
"We talked through a recent business case and I got asked business/commercial awareness..."
"There are paper recycling bins and recycling facilities in the kitchen but there..."
"There are good flexible working options. People can work from home on occasion even..."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"I'm fairly satisfied, although the firm only has a few paralegals so sometimes you..."
"As a global firm, Sidley has an Africa/Asia pro bono programme, where we generally..."
"Broad range of work, opportunity to gain a lot of experience, very hands on, opportunity..."
"There should be more information in advance of your first seat. It can be hard to..."
"I wanted to work at a firm with a small intake so that I would get responsibility..."
"The retention rates have historically been very good."
"The Obama's met each other while working as associates in the Chicago office."
"Powerhouse with talented people."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"It can get very stressful at times when deadlines are tight and there is a lot of..."
"More training sessions."