"A good mix of everything you want from a law firm."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"The application process was very straightforward: one application, one verbal reasoning..."
"The culture is mostly good, with most people being very supportive and friendly."
"We are regularly offered training in things such as basic accounting that are helpful...."
"I receive regular feedback on my work from my supervisor and partner in charge. Both..."
"Our dress code is business casual. We have a lovely office in Bank (Woolgate Exchange)..."
"I've not found my hours to be particularly flexible."
"Pay is great; more than most Magic Circle firms."
"Perks include: taxis and dinner home after 9:00pm, yearly gym contribution, non-contributory..."
"The assessment process consists of an online application form, which is followed..."
"The questions were about myself, the firm and why I was interested in law."
"The firm could do a lot more by way of recycling and ensuring lights are turned off..."
"The firm is genuinely interested in diversity, sponsoring lots of events and initiatives...."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"You get given a good level of work. Yes, the quality fluctuates but generally you..."
"Some pro bono goes on but there are no hours targets or anything. We are encouraged..."
"The work is very interesting and diverse and the people that you work with are very..."
"The hours can be quite long."
"I applied because of the high-quality financial work. After witnessing it on the..."
"Generally excellent (above 90%), although there are occasional years that this rate..."
"We have a ping pong table and a customised 'Sidley' foosball table."
"Very friendly firm with a professional atmosphere and access to very interesting..."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"It can get very stressful at times when deadlines are tight and there is a lot of..."
"Having more information before you have to choose your first seat based on the little..."