"A small but well-respected office."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"There's an online application and an interview for the vacation scheme. There is..."
"The culture is very good. Everyone is friendly, there's an open-door policy and no..."
"We get trained by various people across the firm on a regular basis. The programme..."
"I receive regular feedback on my work from my supervisor and partner in charge. Both..."
"Location is good and the dress code is city smart but not suits. The office has a..."
"Generally work hours are 9:00am-7:00pm on a good day, but it can go on til much later..."
"The pay is one of the best in the business at both the trainee and new qualifier..."
"Free gym membership, pension plan, health insurance, and subsidised canteen."
"One hour interview with two partners. General questions about my application and..."
"Why law and why Sidley?"
"There are paper recycling bins and recycling facilities in the kitchen but there..."
"We have a diversity committee at work as well as a women's committee. The firm is..."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"I'm fairly satisfied, although the firm only has a few paralegals so sometimes you..."
"I've provided the first draft of a loan agreement for a pro bono project and provided..."
"Variety of work, complex and interesting deals. I have never been involved in the..."
"The majority of the decision-making has to be done in America."
"Sidley's international reputation, the quality of the client base and the size of..."
"I think the retention rates are quite high at the firm but it depends year on year..."
"We have a very extravagant Christmas party at Claridges."
"Professional and with a high quality of work but top heavy."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"Challenging and stressful but enjoyable work."
"We're sometimes contacted during weekends and holidays. I'd like less of this."