"Established office of a US firm in London."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"The application process was very straightforward: one application, one verbal reasoning..."
"This is a very friendly office with a good level of social events. Different groups..."
"I've had training in communication skills, financial skills and business skills."
"Everyone I have worked with has been a fairly good mentor. If you ask for feedback..."
"Offices are very nice, and the best feature is a roof terrace. The dress code is..."
"The hours can be quite tough, but generally speaking if you have an important event..."
"The pay is one of the best in the business at both the trainee and new qualifier..."
"Perks include: taxis and dinner home after 9:00pm, yearly gym contribution, non-contributory..."
"The competition is fierce as is to be expected with only ten places available. The..."
"Questions about myself - when have I demonstrated leadership, teamwork, perseverance,..."
"There are paper recycling bins and recycling facilities in the kitchen but there..."
"They actively try to recruit in a diverse manner and there is an active women's committee...."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"Good client interaction, lots of responsibility and independence."
"The firm is very committed and it's compulsory during the training contract."
"The work is very interesting and diverse and the people that you work with are very..."
"There can be expectations that you will work long hours and they can be unpredictable...."
"I applied here for the opportunity to work on many types of work and get a lot of..."
"Generally excellent (above 90%), although there are occasional years that this rate..."
"We have a very extravagant Christmas party at Claridges."
"Very friendly firm with a professional atmosphere and access to very interesting..."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"Challenging and stressful but enjoyable work."
"Some form of official flexible working policy would be good."