"Friendly, open, challenging."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"Sidley's application process consists of filling out an online application form,..."
"Everyone at Sidley is extremely sociable and interested in interacting with their..."
"There is an internal training programme run throughout the course of the training..."
"I've found everyone to be very accessible."
"The dress code is smart casual and we have dress-down days on Fridays. We are relocating..."
"It depends on the department but my current department is very flexible."
"The salary for the trainees is excellent compared to other firms I applied to."
"We get a well-being allowance that's been really helpful."
"My interview was with two partners, who asked me questions about my application form..."
"I was asked a lot about my CV, extra-curricular activities, some situational judgement..."
"The firm is developing its green initiatives and policies."
"The firm is committed to diversity and being inclusive."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"You get given a good level of work. Yes, the quality fluctuates but generally you..."
"I've provided the first draft of a loan agreement for a pro bono project and provided..."
"Very friendly atmosphere with an open-door policy. Really good supervision and access..."
"Due to the international nature of the hours can be unpredictable - you do not know..."
"A really friendly firm with a truly global presence, a small intake of trainees which..."
"Retention rates are very good. It just depends on whether the department you want..."
"The Obamas met at the Chicago headquarters!"
"Professional, innovative and friendly."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"Challenging and stressful but enjoyable work."
"Some form of official flexible working policy would be good."