"Collegiate, innovative and bubbly."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"Know your CV and your application inside out. Identify any weaknesses and be prepared..."
"There's a good level of socialising (I have strong ties with my cohort), a lovely..."
"The firm does offer training courses throughout the training contract, which are..."
"I feel I have been very well-supervised. The feedback that you receive is useful..."
"The office space is nice, although I am not too familiar with the other ones - seems..."
"The hours can be quite tough, but generally speaking if you have an important event..."
"In one word, the salary is excellent!"
"There's a phone allowance and a gym allowance."
"My interview was with two partners, who asked me questions about my application form..."
"I was asked about my previous work experience, reasons for wanting to work at Sidley..."
"There are paper recycling bins and recycling facilities in the kitchen but there..."
"The firm is a real mix of people. There are a large proportion of female associates..."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"I'm fairly satisfied, although the firm only has a few paralegals so sometimes you..."
"The firm is very committed and it's compulsory during the training contract."
"Genuine and friendly people, a real 'open-door' policy, good salary, truly international..."
"Sometimes hours can be unpredictable."
"Most of my legal work experience was in the corporate departments of various law..."
"The retention rates have historically been very good."
"It's not exactly a little-known fact but the Obamas met while they were both working..."
"Reputation for excellence."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"Challenging and stressful but enjoyable work."
"To be given a more formal training programme with frequent set events throughout..."