"Established office of a US firm in London."
- The firm has a genuine open-door policy and colleagues are approachable at all levels.
- The work offered to trainees is considered to be interesting and of a high level.
- The small trainee intake means that more focus can be given to each trainee and retention rates are good.
- The salary is seen as being very good and competitive.
- The international nature of the firm's work means that hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that there could be more training.
- The firm sometimes contacts trainees during weekends and holidays.
- Hours in some departments can be long and unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"Do your research, but not just on the firm and interviewers. It is also really important..."
"The culture is mostly good, with most people being very supportive and friendly."
"There is an internal training programme run throughout the course of the training..."
"I feel I have been very well-supervised. The feedback that you receive is useful..."
"Sidley has a modern office that is located close to Bank station. Thankfully, trainees..."
"Your hours depend on who you are working for, but I generally work less than my friends..."
"The pay is very high for qualified solicitors. Trainee pay could be better, though...."
"Getting a taxi home after 9.00 pm is a nice perk, and £25.00 for dinner after hours..."
"One hour interview with two partners. General questions about my application and..."
"I had questions around a scenario about time management and I was asked why I wanted..."
"The firm is developing its green initiatives and policies."
"While women at a partner level are still incredibly sparse, this is something that..."
"It doesn't appear to be easy to make partner at Sidley."
"The more you move into your training contract, the more responsibility you are given...."
"There is a lot of pro bono work that takes place in the US offices. The London office..."
"It's a great atmosphere and people are friendly and welcoming. The work is interesting..."
"At certain points during my training contract I have not been busy enough."
"The American nature of the firm gives you exposure at an international level."
"Generally speaking they are very good. As we are quite a small London office, sometimes..."
"Barak Obama met Michelle Obama when he was a summer associate in our Chicago office...."
"Friendly, open, challenging."
"The firm helps with mentoring projects in schools located in less privileged areas,..."
"Depending on the department, the stress levels can be quite high at times."
"To be given a more formal training programme with frequent set events throughout..."