"Intellectual, ambitious and decent."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"Research the firm well and make sure you can answer questions specifically about..."
"Very good bunch of trainees who are all sociable. Associates and senior associates..."
"Induction takes place in the first three weeks of your training contract; it's a..."
"Associates and partners are all very accessible, though everyone has busy times when..."
"Smart City offices with a lot of artwork. There is dress down Friday and dress down..."
"This depends on which seat you are in. Transactional seats tend to be have more varied..."
"I think it's fair for the level of work that we do. They are introducing a new system..."
"Best perk is its location, which is right above a few good bars and coffee shops..."
"I got hired through the summer vacation scheme. They did not do another interview..."
"There were lots of questions about my prior commercial experience and not too many..."
"The firm has a dedicated environmental officer who seeks to reduce the Simmons carbon..."
"The firm is generally strong on diversity, particularly at the junior level. There..."
"I am on client secondment so my client interaction is excellent and I have a lot..."
"The firm works with a variety of pro bono clients and offers a pro bono secondment..."
"Excellent clients and quality of work. Senior staff and partners are generally very..."
"The pay and perks on offer at Simmons could be better."
"The opportunity to get great exposure to life sciences clients."
"Retention rates have been shaky recently and we have been assured that the firm attempts..."
"We occupy the old BP building."
"A really great firm to train at with a breadth of practices, attracting top end clients...."
"The firm hosts work experience for high school students to target those from different..."
"Better pay and benefits to bring it in line with similar firms."