"Friendly, hardworking and challenging."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"The best preparation is knowing your CV. Additionally, look at financial papers and..."
"The firm is good at promoting collegiality both in and out of work. There are a number..."
"The firm is now offering a module called Compass, which develops non-legal skills..."
"People are approachable and good at responding to feedback requests."
"My firm is vast with many floors and a sizeable staff restaurant featuring Damien..."
"Hours can vary significantly depending on department and workload. I have had periods..."
"Pay is in line with competitors. Trainees don't get bonuses but they kick in significantly..."
"Free dinner after 8.00 pm. Good range of networks and sports teams to join and socialise..."
"The interview process was quite involved, there was a document exercise, a drafting..."
"I had a document review exercise, a group exercise and an individual interview. I..."
"Simmons & Simmons was the first zero emissions law firm in the world."
"We have a women's network (The Number One Club), a multicultural network, an LGBT..."
"I've taken on a wide variety of work under many different fee earners. This ranges..."
"The firm has formal pro bono initiatives and there are a variety of ways to be involved..."
"The people in my department are great, supportive, incredibly bright and very hard..."
"The firm is caught between two levels (i.e. striving to compete with top firms but..."
"It was one of the few truly international firms with an office in Bristol. I knew..."
"Retention rates are up and down. I think your chances of retention depend on which..."
"We are the only law firm to play the Marylebone Cricket Club at cricket."
"Ambitious, fun, hard working."
"We have a pro bono scheme with local schools whereby we mentor students, offer financial..."
"More international opportunities. These are quite limited and over-subscribed."