"Welcoming, innovative, focused."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- There could be more transparency in the seat allocation process.
- The benefits offered could be better with more variety.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"Come prepared with your own questions that show you have an interest in the firm...."
"I work in Bristol so my office is open-plan. This assists in facilitating conversation..."
"Various departmental and general training sessions are put on throughout the training..."
"The partners and solicitors are very accessible. The only slight issue would be trying..."
"Citypoint is pretty nice, if a little tired on the inside. The dress code is business..."
"Hours are dependent on the department. Corporate tends to be around 9.00 am to 7.00..."
"There are no bonuses for trainees but no target hours either. That's a plus because..."
"There are free dinners if you work late. There are free taxis if you work past 9.00..."
"The interview process was quite involved, there was a document exercise, a drafting..."
"I was asked what my interest in law was, whether I prefer working in a team or individually,..."
"There are paper shredders (paper waste gets recycled) conveniently located throughout..."
"Simmons is one of the best firms in the City regarding diversity, childcare and maternity..."
"The work can be varied and interesting. However, this differs from department to..."
"I have worked on Access to Justice pro bono projects, gone to a legal advice centre,..."
"There's a very collegiate atmosphere with the ability to get involved in high-quality..."
"Having to work the occasional late night is never ideal."
"The size of the firm: international but not magic circle or American. Also my positive..."
"Retention rates have actually been pretty decent over the last few years."
"You get retro biscuits (Wagon Wheels and Tunnock's caramel etc) at afternoon meetings...."
"Driven, friendly, ambitious, quality, acts with integrity."
"There is a CR scheme with a school in east London which directly seeks to inspire..."
"More freebies and perks or a higher salary."