"Challenging and well-rounded international law firm."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"There was a three-stage interview with drafting, a document review, a competency..."
"There is a clear hierarchy in terms of how work is managed, but this does not affect..."
"There is trainee specific training in a three-week induction before starting your..."
"I have had some excellent mentors in my two seats, they make time to provide elaborate..."
"Very shiny building, and the art collection is great fun."
"Flexibility is limited at the trainee level. Typical working day is 8.30 am to 8.30..."
"Trainee pay is good."
"Free taxis after 9:00pm. Free dinner after 8:00pm. Modern art work and exhibitions..."
"I got hired through the summer vacation scheme. They did not do another interview..."
"There were lots of questions about my prior commercial experience and not too many..."
"Typical law firm problem of using a lot of paper, but good recycling, low carbon..."
"Our LGBT diversity is very strong."
"I am on client secondment at the moment so am interacting with clients all day and..."
"I have not yet worked on any pro bono projects but know that the firm is very committed..."
"Interesting work, and supervisors take care to explain matters to you."
"The perks, or lack of. International secondments have been dwindling since we started...."
"I had heard about the collaborative culture at Simmons, the high-profile clients..."
"Retention rates have actually been pretty decent over the last few years."
"The modern art collection: we collect young, British artists before they have made..."
"A high-performance culture with a friendly face."
"The firm is involved with a lot of mentoring schemes for students in school."
"More flexibility in selecting the type of work you undertake within your group."