"The most underrated firm in the City."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"The best way to prepare is to brush up on your commercial awareness and your knowledge..."
"There are social activities organised quite regularly to welcome new joiners (including..."
"There are a variety of internal training sessions at a trainee-, departmental- and..."
"The firm has a trainee buddy scheme and a partner mentor scheme. We also have trainee..."
"The offices are fairly small for the growing firm, however they are in a great location..."
"I work very civil hours - although this can depend on seat. So far only I have only..."
"The pay is very competitive in comparison to other Bristol firms but we are paid..."
"The drinks trolley in the litigation department every other Friday is a highlight...."
"The firm has high standards. However, I found the interviews interesting and the..."
"Various competency-based questions: teamwork, dealing with difficult situations etc...."
"There are a lot of posters everywhere, but it's understood that lawyers need to print...."
"LGBT and straight allies networks are particularly active and flexible working (especially..."
"My day-to-day responsibilities include amending prospectuses, drafting board minutes,..."
"I have been involved with an international legal pro bono matter in Columbia. A pro..."
"The culture - everyone at the firm is driven for success but the competitiveness..."
"The number of international secondments."
"I applied to Simmons because of the atmosphere within the firm and the opportunity..."
"I was impressed by the qualification process in comparison to many other firms. The..."
"Our canteen is covered with Damien Hirst artwork."
"Challenging and well-rounded international law firm."
"There is a CR scheme with a school in east London which directly seeks to inspire..."
"More flexibility on seat choice 'umbrellas'."