"Friendly, hardworking and challenging."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"Before the interview read the FT and re-read your application form several times...."
"The frequency of out-of-office events varies from department to department. Some..."
"At the start of the training contract, there is a three-week induction programme..."
"The firm partners each trainee with a mentor; this system can be hit and miss but..."
"Very shiny building, and the art collection is great fun."
"Very flexible. If you are busy you are expected to put in the hours, but if you are..."
"In line with the City and I think the hours are better than my friends at magic circle..."
"We get free meals if we stay past 8.00 pm and free taxis if we're still at work at..."
"I got hired through the summer vacation scheme. They did not do another interview..."
"Why Simmons and Simmons? Give me an example of a time you had to work in a team or..."
"The firm has recently adopted new environmental policies, including removing all..."
"Simmons is very committed to diversity with respect to women. They have many initiatives..."
"I am currently on client secondment so have constant interaction with clients. I..."
"I do quite a lot of pro bono with the clinic and there is also the Access to Justice..."
"Senior management are nice, precedents are great, art collection is very expansive..."
"Lack of client contact and of transparency over seat allocation and overseas secondments...."
"The amount of pro bono work the firm does."
"The firm's recent retention rates have not been particularly encouraging due to a..."
"We won the Tour de Law!"
"Inclusive, positive and aspirational."
"The firm is involved with a lot of mentoring schemes for students in school."
"Greater transparency and communication around the seat change process."