"Ambitious, fun, hard working."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"The process consists of an online written application before an online test."
"There is a very strong team spirit in the firm, minimal face-time and lots organised..."
"Departments provide strong training programmes and there is a useful induction."
"Feedback is quite informal for trainees, but people are generally forthcoming with..."
"The firm (in London) is well located in Citypoint at Moorgate. The building is starting..."
"My hours have varied in different seats. The firm is good at telling you to go home..."
"At the end of the day, we are getting paid very well for what we do and have had..."
"There's great health insurance, gym perks, international secondments and theatre..."
"The process is now an online verbal reasoning test, written exercise, document exercise..."
"I was asked what my interest in law was, whether I prefer working in a team or individually,..."
"There are schemes in place, although I can't say much about what they entail or how..."
"Varies from department to department. Active with regards to LGBT and Christian networks...."
"The quality of the work I've been given has been very high on the whole. I am in..."
"Weekly trips to a legal advice clinic. Pro bono matters are a great way to practise..."
"It's a good working environment with a high quality of work. Senior Simmons members..."
"Having to work the occasional late night is never ideal."
"I was attracted to the firm's international reach and their clear sector focus."
"These have recently improved, which is a positive step."
"Our work drinks are called 'soirées'."
"Driven, friendly, ambitious, quality, acts with integrity."
"The firm is involved with a lot of mentoring schemes for students in school."
"I think the firm should offer fewer training contracts if they can't supply a qualification..."