"Relaxed, professional, friendly."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"Come prepared with your own questions that show you have an interest in the firm...."
"The firm is good at promoting collegiality both in and out of work. There are a number..."
"Our departmental training is of a high quality and well structured. I have had good..."
"I have learned a lot from the two supervisors I have had so far on an informal basis...."
"The dress code is reasonable and relaxed in the summer. Facilities are generally..."
"My work hours vary depending on the projects I'm working on but I'm typically in..."
"The pay is very generous, especially when one considers a trainee solicitor's inexperience,..."
"Thursday cake trolley."
"The firm has high standards. However, I found the interviews interesting and the..."
"Why Simmons? What have you seen in the news recently that was interesting and why?..."
"The firm has a dedicated environmental officer who seeks to reduce the Simmons carbon..."
"Simmons is a Stonewall star performer and consistently ranks highly in LGBT diversity..."
"I am currently on client secondment so have constant interaction with clients. I..."
"It would be helpful to know more about what's going on. I have heard of a number..."
"The team in the Litigation Department are exceptionally supportive, and make sure..."
"The hours are sometimes extensive when working on time sensitive matters."
"The solid reputation. I wanted a firm headquartered in a UK city because I wanted..."
"The retention rates have been historically quite variable and the business climate..."
"It's fairly well known, but we have a great art collection, with pieces by Damian..."
"Friendly, welcoming, interesting, arty."
"The firm is involved with a lot of mentoring schemes for students in school."
"More flexibility on seat choice 'umbrellas'."