"A really great firm to train at with a breadth of practices,..."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure you can answer competency questions in a well structured manner and be..."
"The culture is professional but supportive and friendly. As a trainee, there is no..."
"All trainees are part of the compass programme, which helps us to develop soft skills..."
"There is a mentoring programme where we get to select who we would like to be our..."
"We have a casual dress code."
"In my current department, people generally don't leave before 8:00pm, but that's..."
"Pay is marginally less than Magic Circle but not be much. This gap widens when more..."
"Employees can get a free dinner if working after 9:00pm and a free taxi home after..."
"The process is now an online verbal reasoning test, written exercise, document exercise..."
"I was asked to review a contract in addition to personal questions about my career..."
"There are lots of notices in the printing areas to cut down on excessive printing..."
"Our LGBT diversity is very strong."
"The work quality varies by department. It is generally higher in transactional departments..."
"The firm has formal pro bono initiatives and there are a variety of ways to be involved..."
"Most people here are really down to earth, approachable and interested in training..."
"The offices could be better, but the firm is currently in the process of improving..."
"I applied here because of the culture - there is not a huge difference between the..."
"The firm's retention rates have recovered, but only after a poor spell in recent..."
"We occupy the old BP building."
"Intellectual, ambitious and decent."
"The firm hosts work experience for high school students to target those from different..."
"I would appreciate fuller screening of trainee supervisors as quality varies a lot...."