"Innovative, fast-paced and client focused."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"When it comes to the interview, have a general knowledge of the workings of the City,..."
"The firm is very sociable. Some of the departments have a very active social life..."
"Our departmental training is of a high quality and well structured. I have had good..."
"The firm partners each trainee with a mentor; this system can be hit and miss but..."
"My firm is vast with many floors and a sizeable staff restaurant featuring Damien..."
"This is pretty flexible but the practice of sharing trainee billable hours can lead..."
"The pay is very competitive at a trainee level."
"Perks include: a gym subsidy, free dinners and taxis if staying late."
"I got hired through the summer vacation scheme. They did not do another interview..."
"Why Simmons? What have you seen in the news recently that was interesting and why?..."
"Recycling bins are common around the firm, as is double-sided printing."
"The firm is taking very positive steps towards increasing diversity at all levels...."
"There's a good quality of work with lots of responsibility and really good levels..."
"Our senior partner's pet project is the Battersea Legal Advice Clinic, so there is..."
"Interesting work, and supervisors take care to explain matters to you."
"Exposure to interesting clients and work is more likely in some departments than..."
"The impressive reputation and client list as well as the firm culture."
"The retention rates are as high as I would like them to be. After all it is a matching..."
"Our art collection is impressive and actually quite edgy - for example, we have a..."
"Innovative, collegiate and ambitious."
"We have a pro bono scheme with local schools whereby we mentor students, offer financial..."
"Better ethnic food in the staff restaurant."