"Friendly, welcoming, interesting, arty."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"I recommend doing a vacation scheme as the firm recruits heavily from it."
"Very sociable firm, both among peers and across departments. There is some hierarchy,..."
"We have department specific training as well as various Professional Skills Courses...."
"There is a formal mentor programme, which the firm really promotes. The solicitors..."
"The firm has recently adopted a firm-wide dress down policy that has been positively..."
"The hours can be fairly inflexible at times but people seem grateful for your hard..."
"The pay is very generous, especially when one considers a trainee solicitor's inexperience,..."
"Free taxis after 9:00pm. Free dinner after 8:00pm. Modern art work and exhibitions..."
"The firm has high standards. However, I found the interviews interesting and the..."
"I was asked for an example of when I'd overcome a personal challenge and what my..."
"We have a designated team focused on this and recycling bins around the office. There..."
"There are women's clubs and LGBT clubs that are recognised by Stonewall."
"You are given a good degree of responsibility in corporate but support is always..."
"There are excellent opportunities to be involved in pro bono and great opportunities..."
"Nice people, good friends. Good training."
"The offices could be better, but the firm is currently in the process of improving..."
"The amount of pro bono work the firm does."
"I think retention rates are fair - people are kept on if they have worked hard and..."
"Our canteen is covered with Damien Hirst artwork."
"Welcoming, innovative, focused."
"The firm hosts work experience for high school students to target those from different..."
"Better pay and benefits to bring it in line with similar firms."