"A high-performance culture with a friendly face."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"When applying for a vacation scheme or direct training contract, there's an application,..."
"The firm has a great after-hours culture."
"Very good three-week induction programme. Lots of training at the beginning of each..."
"Feedback is usually quite constant and partners tend to be very good at imparting..."
"We have a very modern dress code. It's semi-formal throughout the year so all you..."
"Your hours can vary depending on the department and the time of year. At present..."
"At present, (June 2015), I would say the pay is slightly below the market but I have..."
"Employees can get a free dinner if working after 9:00pm and a free taxi home after..."
"The process is now an online verbal reasoning test, written exercise, document exercise..."
"Why do you want to work here? Why do you want to become a lawyer? What are your hobbies?..."
"Recycling bins are common around the firm, as is double-sided printing."
"Very strong compared to other firms on diversity regarding women etc. Often ranked..."
"There's interesting and challenging work. We're taken to interesting events, involved..."
"Very impressed with the pro bono here. If you read the firms CSR pamphlet, the firm..."
"Interesting work, and supervisors take care to explain matters to you."
"The grading/appraisal process seems department-specific and not very transparent...."
"I chose Simmons because of my great experience during the vacation scheme. I got..."
"These have recently improved, which is a positive step."
"We are the only law firm to play the Marylebone Cricket Club at cricket."
"Collegiate, high-performing, diverse and ambitious."
"There is a CR scheme with a school in east London which directly seeks to inspire..."
"More flexibility on seat choice 'umbrellas'."