"Quality work and good training."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure you can answer competency questions in a well structured manner and be..."
"The frequency of out-of-office events varies from department to department. Some..."
"The firm is now offering a module called Compass, which develops non-legal skills..."
"Feedback is quite informal for trainees, but people are generally forthcoming with..."
"The current Bristol offices are located in the Temple Quay area, which is easily..."
"The firm has the usual long city hours and hours can be uncertain. However, team..."
"The pay here is competitive for trainees but competitors pay higher at the associate..."
"We get free dinners as well as a budget for our sports clubs and there are social..."
"The interview process was quite involved, there was a document exercise, a drafting..."
"I was asked competency based questions about experiences I had listed on my application..."
"This is not something we tend to hear about which is a shame. There are recycling..."
"The firm is generally strong on diversity, particularly at the junior level. There..."
"Generally good level of responsibility and interesting work unless you're in a contentious..."
"I am currently working on a pro bono matter for a major charity - great work outside..."
"The level of responsibility given to trainees within a supportive environment."
"The food the canteen serves for free dinners after 7.45 pm is not the best. You can..."
"I attended a first-year open day and was exposed to a really positive culture. This..."
"There is never a great feeling amongst trainees leading up to qualification periods..."
"Firm houses an important collection of modern art including works by Damien Hirst..."
"Collegiate, high-performing, diverse and ambitious."
"We have a pro bono scheme with local schools whereby we mentor students, offer financial..."
"Regularise hours - although not sure if that is wishful thinking..."