"Innovative, collegiate and ambitious."
- The culture at the firm is friendly and collegiate at all levels.
- Senior lawyers are happy to explain things to trainees and aid in their development.
- The formal training on offer covers a wide range of topics and is seen as being very valuable.
- There’s a very strong focus on pro bono work with interesting projects on offer.
- The firm does not offer as many international secondments as some would like.
- Some would like more social events to be organised by trainees.
- The office is in a good location, but could be updated.
- The salary is seen as being fair, but not particularly competitive.
What insiders say about...
"Do your research and have a good reason for applying to Simmons & Simmons."
"Without any real exception, I enjoy working with my colleagues and the culture at..."
"We have regular training sessions."
"There is a mentoring programme where we get to select who we would like to be our..."
"Citypoint is pretty nice, if a little tired on the inside. The dress code is business..."
"The firm is very realistic with work hours. If you have no (urgent) work, people..."
"I think the pay is really good."
"Wedding bonus, occasional discount and free theatre tickets."
"I got hired through the summer vacation scheme. They did not do another interview..."
"The interview consisted of competency questions based on my application form and..."
"The offices have gone bin free!"
"Good on diversity, with a top rank in Stonewall."
"Where appropriate, the firm is keen to give you client interaction in order to develop..."
"Everyone is expected to do 50 hours a year (counts as billable time) and you get..."
"The people are generally very reasonable, approachable and easy to work with."
"The hierarchy can be quite rigid at times and liaising with the non-legal departments..."
"Having met the firm at a couple of law fairs, I genuinely found the people friendly..."
"I was impressed by the qualification process in comparison to many other firms. The..."
"Our work drinks are called 'soirées'."
"A friendly place to work with good, high quality work."
"There is a CR scheme with a school in east London which directly seeks to inspire..."
"Given that the firm wants more associates to be willing to go and work abroad, offering..."