"Has its own way of doing things."
- Both the internal and external training on offer is extensive and well organised.
- There’s a collegiate atmosphere with good teamwork at the firm.
- Retention rates are consistently very high and trainees are confident in their ability to remain at the firm.
- The lack of billable hours targets is very popular among trainees.
- Workloads can be unpredictable, which means hours can vary greatly.
- The unpredictability of hours can make it difficult to plan a social life.
- While the salary is very good, it is towards the lower end of the magic circle.
- Some trainees would like more frequent feedback.
What insiders say about...
"There's a written exercise on a commercial piece/business plan that tests your ability..."
"Friendly atmosphere at work, but in my experience not a great deal of socialising...."
"We get loads of training and sometimes I have three or four sessions in a week. It..."
"Associates and partners are very accessible. I am sitting with a partner and he has..."
"We have very good facilities and well located for transport links. The dress code..."
"Hours can fluctuate and are uncertain from day to day, but it is rare for me to be..."
"The salaries were increased this year so I am very satisfied currently."
"Jelly Babies. The partners often have tickets going spare for events that they will..."
"The process was very straightforward. I completed a short written exercise and then..."
"What client would you want to have if you were a partner here? If you were on a deserted..."
"There are lots of green initiatives at the firm and everyone is aware of reducing..."
"The unifying quality of most people who come to work at Slaughters is that they/we..."
"Beyond qualification, all solicitors are associates, theoretically equal in rank..."
"I'm extremely satisfied. The multi-specialist approach means getting exposure to..."
"The firm takes on pro bono matters for charities, etc. And the firm is also committed..."
"I have friendly colleagues, excellent formal training, no billable targets and a..."
"The hours can be demanding and social mobility could be improved."
"The people were really friendly and interesting. I didn't find myself chatting about..."
"They are high, but are not transparent regarding which departments trainees qualify..."
"It advises more UK-listed companies than any other law firm."
"High-achieving, proud and bookish."
"The firm runs open days for potential applicants from specific groups."
"It depends. In my first two weeks, I was very stressed because I was launched straight..."
"Trainees should be trusted (and encouraged) to take more responsibility during their..."