"Smart, interesting and innovative people."
- Both the internal and external training on offer is extensive and well organised.
- There’s a collegiate atmosphere with good teamwork at the firm.
- Retention rates are consistently very high and trainees are confident in their ability to remain at the firm.
- The lack of billable hours targets is very popular among trainees.
- Workloads can be unpredictable, which means hours can vary greatly.
- The unpredictability of hours can make it difficult to plan a social life.
- While the salary is very good, it is towards the lower end of the magic circle.
- Some trainees would like more frequent feedback.
What insiders say about...
"Candidates with strong academic backgrounds with an interest in the law. Work out..."
"In the office, everyone is quite serious, but it feels more that people are genuinely..."
"Regular training is provided, including group training by members of your department...."
"Generally you get good feedback on individual pieces of work. You also feel part..."
"We have a formal dress code, though it can be more casual depending on department...."
"The hours are fairly unpredictable and weekends aren't sacred - but I was aware of..."
"Given our bonus system, our additional rewards and benefits and the culture of the..."
"The firm offers many free or reduced price sports events tickets. Social events and..."
"Very simple conversation with two partners. They challenge your ideas, but it shouldn't..."
"I was given a thorough grilling on each element of my CV, step-by-step. Other interviewees..."
"Committed environmental team introducing systemic changes (eg recycling bins in every..."
"There is an active Diversity Partner who works hard at this. Ultimately - everything..."
"Beyond qualification, all solicitors are associates, theoretically equal in rank..."
"As part of a litigation team, I have a lot of exposure to clients and other third..."
"There are so many amazing opportunities to get involved with legal work and access..."
"The firm treats its staff well and people are for the most part happy working here...."
"Some supervisors can be possessive of trainees and treat them more like personal..."
"They had the best reputation for training out of the offers I received."
"I'm confident that as long as there are spaces in the departments I want to qualify..."
"We have a jukebox in the canteen that was given to the firm by a past client."
"Intelligent, high quality of work, prestigious."
"The firm runs an access programme."
"It has its moments - I've only cried once! Seriously though - there are days that..."
"More feedback or detail on what exactly is required from you on tasks."