- Both the internal and external training on offer is extensive and well organised.
- There’s a collegiate atmosphere with good teamwork at the firm.
- Retention rates are consistently very high and trainees are confident in their ability to remain at the firm.
- The lack of billable hours targets is very popular among trainees.
- Workloads can be unpredictable, which means hours can vary greatly.
- The unpredictability of hours can make it difficult to plan a social life.
- While the salary is very good, it is towards the lower end of the magic circle.
- Some trainees would like more frequent feedback.
What insiders say about...
"Be prepared to discuss your CV and why you want to do law. Ask some intelligent questions..."
"No 'face-time'. Enjoy it while you're quiet, but you work hard when it's busy. No..."
"We get very comprehensive training during the training contract and lots of commercially..."
"Most supervisors are very engaged in trainee development. As a whole the firm gives..."
"Our dress code is relatively formal. Trainees share offices with a partner or an..."
"Generally been very good. Very much transactional, rather than constant expectation..."
"I have no complaints. Pay is equal at every level, which I think is positive."
"The discounted gym membership and perks around working late (meals/taxis) are the..."
"CV and cover letter. Analysing a newspaper article. The interview seemed to be more..."
"Expect to argue about a particular topic based on an article you are provided with...."
"There are some green initiatives (we have reusable coffee cups for example) but there's..."
"Good on diversity. Several events to promote the firm to diverse background of students...."
"Beyond qualification, all solicitors are associates, theoretically equal in rank..."
"The quality of trainee work varies from department to department, although the subject..."
"Opportunities are there for those who want to take part. For example, we get involved..."
"There's good-quality internal training and the lack of sub-groups within departments..."
"The hours can be demanding and social mobility could be improved."
"It has a great reputation and is very prestigious. It also had secondment opportunities..."
"The retention rates at the firm are usually very high and this comes through in the..."
"It has a surprisingly good sporting calendar."
"Intelligent, hardworking and respectful."
"There is neither positive nor negative discrimination. It all comes down to how well..."
"Expectations are high but you are never left feeling exposed."
"More client secondment opportunities."