"A friendly place to work do high profile and interesting work...."
- Both the internal and external training on offer is extensive and well organised.
- There’s a collegiate atmosphere with good teamwork at the firm.
- Retention rates are consistently very high and trainees are confident in their ability to remain at the firm.
- The lack of billable hours targets is very popular among trainees.
- Workloads can be unpredictable, which means hours can vary greatly.
- The unpredictability of hours can make it difficult to plan a social life.
- While the salary is very good, it is towards the lower end of the magic circle.
- Some trainees would like more frequent feedback.
What insiders say about...
"I thought the whole process was very straightforward and fair, it felt like they..."
"The culture at the firm is fairly work-focused. If you are finished, you are expected..."
"Outstanding training, both internal and external. Well organised and thorough."
"We have monthly meetings with a monitoring partner, as well as an end-of-seat review..."
"We have a formal dress code, though it can be more casual depending on department...."
"I like that when you are not busy everyone is very happy to let you leave early...."
"The firm has recently upped its pay significantly for associates to lead the market...."
"Free tickets to sports and cultural events, free dinners and taxis in the evenings,..."
"We had a conversation about a broad range of topics, from nuclear energy to Venezuelan..."
"I was asked why I wanted to be a lawyer and how I could be sure of this (my background..."
"Apparently one of the greenest firms (if not offices) in the City. The firm places..."
"The firm has various equality networks."
"Beyond qualification, all solicitors are associates, theoretically equal in rank..."
"The work is both interesting and challenging. Some tasks are administrative by their..."
"There are many pro bono projects available. I have worked in law centres, mentored..."
"Excellent quality of work, great training and a respect for work/life balance."
"Perhaps not as sociable as some of the other city firms."
"I wanted to start at the top and stay there. It was the best corporate law firm in..."
"Retention rates are extremely high which is very encouraging. A great emphasis is..."
"No one knows where the Jelly Babies come from."
"An institution that strives to achieve excellence in all that it does."
"The firm works with organisations to help people from less privileged backgrounds..."
"Expectations are high but you are never left feeling exposed."
"Predictable departure times.... wholly unrealistic given the nature of the work."