"Formidable reputation and a fantastic place to learn."
- Both the internal and external training on offer is extensive and well organised.
- There’s a collegiate atmosphere with good teamwork at the firm.
- Retention rates are consistently very high and trainees are confident in their ability to remain at the firm.
- The lack of billable hours targets is very popular among trainees.
- Workloads can be unpredictable, which means hours can vary greatly.
- The unpredictability of hours can make it difficult to plan a social life.
- While the salary is very good, it is towards the lower end of the magic circle.
- Some trainees would like more frequent feedback.
What insiders say about...
"The application process is relatively straightforward. It consists of a CV and cover..."
"Friendly atmosphere at work, but in my experience not a great deal of socialising...."
"Lots of training, all very good. Some given by internal people, some external."
"This varies from individual to individual but partners and senior associates are..."
"Good canteen and location. Would like some more natural light in my office. The dress..."
"When it's busy, you knuckle down. But there is also a culture of leaving trainees..."
"Perks include: free dinners, free tickets to sports matches and free tickets to exhibitions...."
"CV and cover letter. Analysing a newspaper article. The interview seemed to be more..."
"There weren't too many questions on why I wanted to be in law etc. Instead, they..."
"Recyclable bamboo cups have been distributed to everyone and the cafe now only gives..."
"There are many diversity groups and a strong commitment to this, especially at partner..."
"Beyond qualification, all solicitors are associates, theoretically equal in rank..."
"The quality of trainee work varies from department to department, although the subject..."
"Opportunities are there for those who want to take part. For example, we get involved..."
"Working on front-page Financial Times deals from the first day."
"Some supervisors can be possessive of trainees and treat them more like personal..."
"Reputation. Quality and calibre of people I knew who had gone to work there. Quality..."
"We have one of the consistently highest retention rates in the City which is very..."
"It worked for SOE (the proto-SAS) in WWII."
"Open-minded, creative and forward-thinking."
"Social mobility is difficult to address - not everyone attended public/private school,..."
"You manage your workload, so you control your stress levels. When it's busy. I admit..."
"Allow people to resit the LPC."