"Commercial, friendly and ambitious."
- The firm does not have a strong feeling of hierarchy and associates and partners are usually approachable.
- There is frequent training of a high standard and the professional skills course is spread out to stop it feeling overwhelming
- Most departments are understanding with hours to help trainees achieve a good work/life balance.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of responsibilities early on with helpful guidance on their tasks.
- The salary is not seen as particularly competitive by some and there are no bonuses for trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat choices.
- While hours can be flexible, they are often long and unpredictable too.
- The café closes early so getting food when working late can be inconvenient.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself. There is no need to feel like they are looking for an answer - it is..."
"People are very sociable in and out of the office. They are also realistic in their..."
"Prior to joining the firm, we were invited to attend presentations focusing on different..."
"Feedback varies, could probably be a little better than it is, (people often too..."
"The firm's offices are new and very nice. There are shower and changing room facilities..."
"There is no 'face-time' culture. You are only expected to stay when there is work...."
"The salary is broadly in line with City firm levels."
"There are free or hugely discounted tickets to museums and galleries."
"The application process consists of a phone interview with HR and an assessment day..."
"My interview consisted of general law and competency questions. More competency than..."
"More could be done but the firm does make some effort."
"Good benefits for people with families. There a lot of high-powered senior women..."
"I am pleased that I get to manage small matters on my own. I have learned a lot about..."
"The firm has a charity of the year and various events are held throughout the course..."
"Work/life balance, friendly people."
"The hours can be long depending on the practice group you work in."
"It's a full-service law firm with a wide spectrum of expertise in a variety of industry..."
"They are generally very good but this may change as the firm expands its trainee..."
"The firm's roots go back to 1828."
"Ambitious, commercially-focused, approachable."
"We run a mentoring scheme with a London school. Vacation schemes are paid."
"Increase the salary or offer bonuses for trainees."