"International, friendly and hard-working."
- The firm does not have a strong feeling of hierarchy and associates and partners are usually approachable.
- There is frequent training of a high standard and the professional skills course is spread out to stop it feeling overwhelming
- Most departments are understanding with hours to help trainees achieve a good work/life balance.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of responsibilities early on, with helpful guidance on their tasks.
- The salary is not seen as particularly competitive by some and there are no bonuses for trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat choices.
- While hours can be flexible, they are often long and unpredictable too.
- While overseas placements are offered, some trainees would have liked more.
What insiders say about...
"There's an online application that's reviewed by graduate recruitment. If successful,..."
"The firm is very sociable and we have a lot of opportunities to meet people in different..."
"It's good to have professional skills course training throughout the training contract,..."
"Partners and other solicitors are very approachable and I have never felt uncomfortable..."
"Our offices are really impressive. We're set in a converted Lutyens building with..."
"The firm is pretty flexible and I tend to work from 9.15 am to 6.30 pm."
"Pay is in line with most mid-sized City firms."
"I have been able to take up tickets to the Royal Albert Hall and take part in loads..."
"The application process consists of a phone interview with HR and an assessment day..."
"I was asked a mix of competency and commercial awareness questions."
"I believe that the firm should remove all plastic water cups and cardboard coffee..."
"The firm is very open and inclusive. My intake at the firm is very diverse with people..."
"Main responsibilities include document management, drafting security documents and..."
"The firm really encourages trainees to participate in as much charity and pro bono..."
"Getting high-quality work and high levels of responsibility as well as opportunities..."
"The canteen could be better."
"It's a small trainee intake paired with exciting work, high levels of responsibility..."
"They are generally very good but this may change as the firm expands its trainee..."
"Sharon White, the firm's CEO, also trained here."
"Impressive track record and intelligent, friendly lawyers."
"We run a mentoring scheme with a London school. Vacation schemes are paid."
"Increase the number of extra-curricular and sporting events organised by the firm...."