"Impressive track record and intelligent, friendly lawyers."
- The firm does not have a strong feeling of hierarchy and associates and partners are usually approachable.
- There is frequent training of a high standard and the professional skills course is spread out to stop it feeling overwhelming
- Most departments are understanding with hours to help trainees achieve a good work/life balance.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of responsibilities early on, with helpful guidance on their tasks.
- The salary is not seen as particularly competitive by some and there are no bonuses for trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat choices.
- While hours can be flexible, they are often long and unpredictable too.
- While overseas placements are offered, some trainees would have liked more.
What insiders say about...
"It is a good idea to have a strong understanding of how the legal landscape is changing..."
"The partners are generally friendly and approachable and it is common to work closely..."
"We attend PSC courses throughout our training contract, during which we develop multiple..."
"We are given feedback by our supervisors in our mid-seat and end-seat reviews. I..."
"The new office is lovely, really impressive for clients."
"As can be expected, if something needs to be done urgently then you will be required..."
"It's a bit lower than for people I know at other firms."
"The gym subsidy is good."
"When I was hired in 2009, there was quite a rigorous application process: there was..."
"I was asked questions following a presentation on the economic climate in which the..."
"Our Hong Kong office has spot checks to encourage fee earners to remember to switch..."
"The firm is very open and inclusive. My intake at the firm is very diverse with people..."
"My day-to-day role varies massively but, because trainees are given a lot of responsibility,..."
"Unfortunately I have not done any pro bono during my training contract. However,..."
"I've had exposure to high-quality work while maintaining a friendly culture."
"On occasion you may find yourself working unpredictable hours."
"Being a mid-size firm, rather than a large firm means smaller teams - I like to feel..."
"Nine out of ten became new qualifiers last September! The statistic speaks for itself...."
"Our office is in the old BP headquarters and there is a mosaic on the ground floor..."
"High-quality work from an unpretentious firm."
"We have outreach programmes for school children from less privileged backgrounds...."
"Bonuses for trainees."