"Open and collaborative. Routinely punches above its weight."
- The firm does not have a strong feeling of hierarchy and associates and partners are usually approachable.
- There is frequent training of a high standard and the professional skills course is spread out to stop it feeling overwhelming
- Most departments are understanding with hours to help trainees achieve a good work/life balance.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of responsibilities early on, with helpful guidance on their tasks.
- The salary is not seen as particularly competitive by some and there are no bonuses for trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat choices.
- While hours can be flexible, they are often long and unpredictable too.
- While overseas placements are offered, some trainees would have liked more.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself. There is no need to feel like they are looking for an answer - it is..."
"The firm has a lovely culture; it is friendly without there being too much pressure..."
"I liked the soft-skills training we had about how to work better with colleagues...."
"All the lawyers are approachable and enthusiastic to help. Feedback and appreciation..."
"Good central location - Moorgate has most necessary amenities. Good-looking offices..."
"The hours depend strongly on the practice group but the team is understanding if..."
"There are no bonuses for trainees."
"Perks include: privileged tickets to the Royal Albert Hall, season ticket loan, gym..."
"There are only eight places per intake and two intakes per year. Three vacation schemes..."
"Why this firm? Why law? There were also various competency questions such as asking..."
"There are recycling bins everywhere and we are encouraged not to waste paper, etc...."
"We have very clear goals for improvement."
"I have a considerable amount of client interaction. My role can be varied, largely..."
"The firm offers pro bono opportunities."
"The people are all lovely and the quality of work is high. We have a very supportive..."
"Occasionally encountering a lack of resources."
"I applied to the firm because it has an expanding range of capabilities, and an impressive..."
"They vary, which can make trainees a little nervous, but they are the same as most..."
"Our office is in the old BP headquarters and there is a mosaic on the ground floor..."
"Ambitious, talented, hard-working and humble."
"We run a mentoring scheme with a London school. Vacation schemes are paid."
"The provision of late night services such as being able to grab some food or drink..."