"Hard-working, friendly and varied."
- The firm does not have a strong feeling of hierarchy and associates and partners are usually approachable.
- There is frequent training of a high standard and the professional skills course is spread out to stop it feeling overwhelming
- Most departments are understanding with hours to help trainees achieve a good work/life balance.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of responsibilities early on, with helpful guidance on their tasks.
- The salary is not seen as particularly competitive by some and there are no bonuses for trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat choices.
- While hours can be flexible, they are often long and unpredictable too.
- While overseas placements are offered, some trainees would have liked more.
What insiders say about...
"Know what you've done, know your application form, be ready to explain decisions..."
"There's a friendly and open culture. Everyone is very approachable from the senior..."
"The firm regularly hosts seminars and training on particular topics."
"The partners I have worked with are very engaged and invested in trainees' development...."
"Relatively formal dress code, men always in suits (some no tie) woman more formal..."
"Hours are mostly good, I have had occasional late nights but they've been the exception..."
"There are no bonuses for trainees. I think we could be paid better."
"Perks include: privileged tickets to the Royal Albert Hall, season ticket loan, gym..."
"The application process consists of a phone interview with HR and an assessment day..."
"They were interested in my previous work experience and how I thought that experience..."
"The firm makes separating recyclable and non-recyclable waste really easy and also..."
"Our firm is one of the very few law firms in the City with a female leader."
"I have been given a lot of responsibility in both practice groups that I have worked..."
"As trainees we can use our annual corporate social responsibility day on a variety..."
"Good culture. People are smart, good at their jobs, and friendly. Hours better than..."
"Overseas secondments are available, but are not guaranteed."
"It has a strong art law practice, which is fairly rare for a firm of this size and..."
"They are generally very good but this may change as the firm expands its trainee..."
"The firm has an enthusiastic mixed tag-rugby team!"
"Modern, collegial and commercially minded."
"We have outreach programmes for school children from less privileged backgrounds...."
"Increase the number of extra-curricular and sporting events organised by the firm...."