"Ambitious, talented, hard-working and humble."
- The firm does not have a strong feeling of hierarchy and associates and partners are usually approachable.
- There is frequent training of a high standard and the professional skills course is spread out to stop it feeling overwhelming
- Most departments are understanding with hours to help trainees achieve a good work/life balance.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of responsibilities early on, with helpful guidance on their tasks.
- The salary is not seen as particularly competitive by some and there are no bonuses for trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat choices.
- While hours can be flexible, they are often long and unpredictable too.
- While overseas placements are offered, some trainees would have liked more.
What insiders say about...
"Be very familiar with your presentation so you can relax whilst giving it off the..."
"People are genuine and kind and we have a great time in and outside of the office...."
"The training programme is very comprehensive with mid- and final-seat reviews. The..."
"The supervisors are incredibly approachable and helpful."
"Great offices. Bright, open, lovely glass lifts, marble staircase, and plush entrance...."
"It's not a problem to leave at 6:30pm if you have no urgent work to do. I have not..."
"I think the pay here is in line with market standards and comparative to our peer..."
"The gym subsidy is good."
"The application process consists of a phone interview with HR and an assessment day..."
"Why this firm? Why law? There were also various competency questions such as asking..."
"I have no idea about the firm's green initiatives."
"I have not had any negative experiences as a gay man."
"I have had lots of client interaction in both of my seats so far. I do a lot of drafting..."
"The firm offers pro bono opportunities."
"Helpful and understanding colleagues, exposure to varied and challenging work."
"The hours can be long and stressful at times."
"I chose to apply for a training contract at the firm because I wanted a good work/life..."
"It seems that there are always enough spaces within the firm, however the retention..."
"Each year the firm hosts a young professionals networking event where trainees are..."
"Welcoming, hardworking and insightful."
"We run a mentoring scheme with a London school. Vacation schemes are paid."
"Encourage partners to have more conversations with us about our progress and development...."