"Great work, friendly, small intake."
- The firm does not have a strong feeling of hierarchy and associates and partners are usually approachable.
- There is frequent training of a high standard and the professional skills course is spread out to stop it feeling overwhelming
- Most departments are understanding with hours to help trainees achieve a good work/life balance.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of responsibilities early on, with helpful guidance on their tasks.
- The salary is not seen as particularly competitive by some and there are no bonuses for trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat choices.
- While hours can be flexible, they are often long and unpredictable too.
- While overseas placements are offered, some trainees would have liked more.
What insiders say about...
"Research the firm (get to know the firm's strengths, important deals/cases, future..."
"There is a hierarchy, though if trainees have to interact with partners, the partners..."
"It's good to have professional skills course training throughout the training contract,..."
"Partners and other solicitors are very approachable and I have never felt uncomfortable..."
"Our office is a Grade I listed, marble clad building kitted out in steel and glass;..."
"Hours are generally good. There is no face-time culture so, if you have nothing urgent..."
"Pay is in line with most mid-sized City firms."
"There's a three-course trainee dinner every seat, annual young professionals networking..."
"The application process consists of a phone interview with HR and an assessment day..."
"Why this firm? Why law? There were also various competency questions such as asking..."
"There are initiatives, such as new bins for separating recyclable waste and using..."
"Good benefits for people with families. There a lot of high-powered senior women..."
"My day-to-day responsibilities include document management, drafting letters and..."
"The firm offers pro bono opportunities."
"The people are all lovely and the quality of work is high. We have a very supportive..."
"The café closes too early."
"It's a small trainee intake paired with exciting work, high levels of responsibility..."
"These are generally high, although one person deciding not to stay has a big effect..."
"Our firm has tier-one practice in many niche areas. One of my favourites is art law...."
"A true City firm with a friendly atmosphere and no 'face-time'."
"We have outreach programmes for school children from less privileged backgrounds...."
"Hire more trainees to deal with resources."