"Growing, ambitious and friendly."
- The firm does not have a strong feeling of hierarchy and associates and partners are usually approachable.
- There is frequent training of a high standard and the professional skills course is spread out to stop it feeling overwhelming
- Most departments are understanding with hours to help trainees achieve a good work/life balance.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of responsibilities early on, with helpful guidance on their tasks.
- The salary is not seen as particularly competitive by some and there are no bonuses for trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat choices.
- While hours can be flexible, they are often long and unpredictable too.
- While overseas placements are offered, some trainees would have liked more.
What insiders say about...
"It consists of a first-round interview and, if successful, there is then an assessment..."
"The firm is very sociable and we have a lot of opportunities to meet people in different..."
"The training programme is very comprehensive with mid- and final-seat reviews. The..."
"I haven't received any feedback yet. Partners are accessible and good at explaining..."
"Our office is in a beautiful grade 2 listed historic City landmark but inside is..."
"Hours are generally good. There is no face-time culture so, if you have nothing urgent..."
"The firm has recently increased its newly qualified and trainee salaries."
"We get free tickets to the Royal Albert Hall."
"When I was hired in 2009, there was quite a rigorous application process: there was..."
"Why this firm? Why law? There were also various competency questions such as asking..."
"There are recycling bins everywhere and we are encouraged not to waste paper, etc...."
"The firm does a lot of work in relation to diversity. There are diversity committees..."
"In my current seat I have had some client interaction, although it is currently less..."
"There has been a big push recently to do more charitable work."
"The people are all lovely and the quality of work is high. We have a very supportive..."
"The hours can be long and stressful at times."
"It's a small trainee intake paired with exciting work, high levels of responsibility..."
"Retention rates vary a lot each year as there's only a few of us per intake."
"The firm has an enthusiastic mixed tag-rugby team!"
"International with interesting opportunities."
"We have outreach programmes for school children from less privileged backgrounds...."
"There should also be a bonus system in place for trainees."