"Ambitious, commercially-focused, approachable."
- The firm does not have a strong feeling of hierarchy and associates and partners are usually approachable.
- There is frequent training of a high standard and the professional skills course is spread out to stop it feeling overwhelming
- Most departments are understanding with hours to help trainees achieve a good work/life balance.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of responsibilities early on, with helpful guidance on their tasks.
- The salary is not seen as particularly competitive by some and there are no bonuses for trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat choices.
- While hours can be flexible, they are often long and unpredictable too.
- While overseas placements are offered, some trainees would have liked more.
What insiders say about...
"Be very familiar with your presentation so you can relax whilst giving it off the..."
"The hierarchy is certainly less visible here than in other firms that I have experienced...."
"We were given a week-long induction at the firm, complete with all the necessary..."
"My supervisor is excellent and he is always happy to answer my questions. Other supervisors..."
"The London office is the biggest office and it has an amazing location and facilities...."
"All of my supervisors have been very understanding in terms of my schedule and any..."
"We get quite a competitive salary, especially for a medium-sized firm. There are..."
"I have been able to take up tickets to the Royal Albert Hall and take part in loads..."
"When I was hired in 2009, there was quite a rigorous application process: there was..."
"Questions regarding my degree, competency questions, hobbies/life outside work, previous..."
"The firm makes separating recyclable and non-recyclable waste really easy and also..."
"There is a diversity committee but I have never been involved. There are some departments..."
"I have had a lot of responsibility from the start and have been trusted with a range..."
"The firm has a charity of the year, and runs a programme of events throughout the..."
"Interesting work, good level of responsibility, very little photocopying, etc. and..."
"The café closes too early."
"I applied here because the firm has a strong litigation practice group whilst being..."
"These are generally high, although one person deciding not to stay has a big effect..."
"The firm has an enthusiastic mixed tag-rugby team!"
"Friendly, ambitious and interesting."
"We have outreach programmes for school children from less privileged backgrounds...."
"The option to do a seat in Paris would be great."