"A City law firm that wins in diversity of both people and practice..."
- The firm does not have a strong feeling of hierarchy and associates and partners are usually approachable.
- There is frequent training of a high standard and the professional skills course is spread out to stop it feeling overwhelming
- Most departments are understanding with hours to help trainees achieve a good work/life balance.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of responsibilities early on, with helpful guidance on their tasks.
- The salary is not seen as particularly competitive by some and there are no bonuses for trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat choices.
- While hours can be flexible, they are often long and unpredictable too.
- While overseas placements are offered, some trainees would have liked more.
What insiders say about...
"Keep up-to-date on where the firm is expanding and, if possible, what strategy it..."
"There's a good atmosphere around the office as well as many internal and external..."
"Stephenson Harwood offers a comprehensive induction and on-going training programmes...."
"It really depends on the personality of each supervisor but mostly people are really..."
"The new office is lovely, really impressive for clients."
"My hours are pretty flexible, there's been nothing horrendous."
"The firm is constantly growing in revenues so has recently increased the pay to trainees!..."
"Perks include firm seats at the Royal Albert Hall and a masseuse in the basement..."
"The application process consists of a phone interview with HR and an assessment day..."
"I had to provide examples of teamwork, my leadership skills and how I had overcome..."
"I have no idea about the firm's green initiatives."
"The firm is very diverse in terms of cultures, religions and ethnic minorities. We..."
"My day-to-day responsibilities include document management, drafting letters and..."
"The firm really encourages trainees to participate in as much charity and pro bono..."
"Getting interesting work and having the ability to work independently. Colleagues..."
"In many departments our direct competitors are all much larger law firms than us..."
"The variety of work, the high levels of responsibility and the culture."
"These are generally high, although one person deciding not to stay has a big effect..."
"The on-site café has recently been revamped."
"Commercial, friendly and ambitious."
"We have outreach programmes for school children from less privileged backgrounds...."
"Hire more trainees to deal with resources."