"Friendly, hard-working, well-rounded."
- Trainees are exposed to a variety of high-level work and are given good responsibility from the outset.
- There’s a very social culture with many events organised outside of work.
- Trainees are not expected to work late and are encouraged to leave the office if they’re working beyond contracted hours.
- Training programmes are well thought out and enhance development.
- Some felt that the qualification salary could be slightly more attractive.
- There aren’t many communal areas for socialising.
- Some trainees felt that they didn’t have as much input in their seat choices as they’d like.
- The firm doesn’t perform as much pro bono work as some trainees would like.
What insiders say about...
"There’s an application online, a critical thinking test, an interview with HR and..."
"The firm has a great culture and many people at the firm socialise regularly. The..."
"The training is incredible. As well as the training you get from doing your day-to-day..."
"In my experience, senior colleagues are all very accessible and, if you ask for it,..."
"The office is spacious and peaceful, with all fee earners sharing an office room..."
"There isn't a culture of staying here for no reason. Most of the time you work very..."
"Salaries are in the very top bracket for a firm outside of London."
"You can get a season ticket loan as well as free taxis and dinners when you work..."
"I did the vacation placement for S&B so went through quite a vigorous assessment..."
"Generally, I was asked about my interest in law, my previous work experience, my..."
"There is a committee at the firm that focuses on eco-issues and the ways in which..."
"Whilst flexible working is available it is not necessarily made possible or encouraged...."
"I have been given a variety of different work. There are opportunities to be involved..."
"I have undertaken a few pro bono bits of employment work here and there."
"The firm is able to provide very high calibre work whilst retaining a genuinely warm..."
"The firm does not quite have the name recognition of some of it's competitors; some..."
"I have always been attracted to Guildford as a place to work and the idea of a 'City..."
"The firm works hard to keep people, and retention rates are good, with many trainees..."
"The building we are in is on the sight of the Stranglers unofficial headquarters...."
"A firm which offers the very highest standard of work at competitive prices."
"As far as I can see the firm doesn't appear to discriminate based on background."
"There could be a little more clarity in relation to seat rotation."