"Attention to detail is crucial."
- The salary and bonuses are high and seen as being at a higher level of pay than most firms.
- Trainees, associates and partners all work and socialise together so the office hierarchy is very flat.
- Retention rates have historically been excellent and this means trainees can focus on their studies rather than competition.
- Both formal and informal training is of a high quality with plenty of time being dedicated to trainees.
- While hours are seen as fair, they can get very long if there’s a lot of work to do.
- Some feel that there are fewer socialising opportunities than at other firms.
- There could be more transparency regarding seat selection and reviews.
- The firm is so large that it can sometimes feel overwhelming.
What insiders say about...
"The application consists of a CV and cover letter to the HR team. This is followed..."
"It's a bonus having a lunchroom – it's nice to be able to go and chat to people..."
"There are a number of training programmes and practice-specific lunches where updates..."
"I feel as if I could talk to anyone if there was a problem."
"The facilities and location are quite good and you are guaranteed your own office..."
"In comparison with other firms, it is much better. There is truly no 'face-time'...."
"Pay is good, as are bonuses. There is no firm which pays better in London."
"Our orientation takes place in New York."
"The interview process initially involved submitting a cover letter and CV. The interview..."
"The interviews tend to be quite informal at S&C and often feel more like a conversation..."
"There could be further efforts in this area."
"Slightly under average in terms of female representation."
"I'm generally very satisfied with the quality of work I am assigned. I particularly..."
"This tends to come up on a matter by matter basis and you get involved having expressed..."
"The people. Both the lawyers and the support staff make the firm a fantastic place..."
"I chose Sullivan & Cromwell LLP because of the high quality work on offer and the..."
"These are the best I have seen so far. Sullivan & Cromwell invests in its trainees..."
"Amal Clooney and Ronald Dworkin used to work for the firm."
"Meritocratic, challenging, supportive, committed to client service."
"The firm does not have a type when recruiting candidates for the vacation schemes/training..."
"Stress is part of the nature of practice as a junior lawyer - there is almost never..."
"More comprehensive feedback."