"Friendly, open and innovative."
- There’s a great camaraderie and support network among staff and trainees.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and varied work from day one.
- Trainees think very highly of the offices and their location.
- There’s a lot of formal training on offer as well as a mentor and buddy system.
- The seat allocation process could be more transparent.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- The hours can be unpredictable at times.
- Some departments can be harder to qualify into that others.
What insiders say about...
"The application process consists of a application form and assessment day which has..."
"All of this varies across departments. Juniors and seniors get along really well..."
"Upon first starting the training contract we underwent a two-week training period..."
"Most are very happy to give praise and constructive feedback. There is a genuine..."
"Dress code is formal suits and ties."
"This is quite department dependent. In corporate departments especially, hours can..."
"Good basic salary for a City firm. Good bonus structure if you introduce work, but..."
"We get free dinners after 8.00 pm as well as discounted lunch and breakfast."
"I submitted my application for a training contract and attended an assessment day...."
"I was asked a mixture of competency questions, questions about my (non-law) degree..."
"The firm has made a significant effort in the last year or two. For example, bins..."
"A lot is being done with respect to women and LGBT but there is always more that..."
"Most work given has been interesting and with high levels of responsibility. However,..."
"There's a fair amount of pro bono work and these commitments are respected by other..."
"The people – other trainees and colleagues, both in the departments and all the..."
"As there is no 'face-time' culture at Taylor Wessing, this does mean that the hours..."
"I had read good reviews of both the firm itself and the training contract, and I..."
"Taylor Wessing try very hard to find places for everyone. The difficulty might be..."
"Despite being known as an IP firm, Real Estate have won Legal Week and the Lawyer's..."
"Friendly with a great reputation and excellent clients."
"The firm does a large amount of work with charities that help class mobility and..."
"More consistency across the board in terms of supervision and expectations of trainees...."