"Friendly, fun and human."
- There’s a great camaraderie and support network among staff and trainees.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and varied work from day one.
- Trainees think very highly of the offices and their location.
- There’s a lot of formal training on offer as well as a mentor and buddy system.
- The seat allocation process could be more transparent.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- The hours can be unpredictable at times.
- Some departments can be harder to qualify into that others.
What insiders say about...
"Demonstrate an awareness of the firm's position in the market and sector. Put time..."
"Everyone is very approachable and there is a real sense of teamwork in that everyone..."
"We've had networking training and delegation training, as well as department-specific..."
"I generally do not get feedback apart from mid-seat and end of seat appraisals. The..."
"Modern, great view, very clean."
"Hours throughout my training contract have been great. There have been a few late..."
"No bonuses for trainees but a reasonable salary."
"There's a subsidised canteen with great quality food and a stunning roof terrace...."
"The application form is very involved and quite long. I had an assessment day which..."
"I was asked who my favourite person throughout history is."
"There are big efforts to improve this and every month it seems that there is something..."
"There are a number of diversity initiatives at the firm and there appears to be a..."
"I have lots of responsibility in my work, and have run small matters on a number..."
"There's a weekly legal advice clinic attended by trainees and encouragement to take..."
"Great people, interesting work, lots of responsibility."
"Some partners are more supportive than others."
"The firm's reputation and focus on fast-moving sectors."
"Overall good the retention rates are good. As with every firm, retention often depends..."
"The meeting room biscuits are great!"
"Innovative and forward-looking."
"Does not dismiss applications from other universities outside of the top 10."
"Greater opportunities for overseas secondments."