"Supportive, innovative and invested in staff well-being and career..."
- There’s a great camaraderie and support network among staff and trainees.
- Trainees are given high levels of responsibility and varied work from day one.
- Trainees think very highly of the offices and their location.
- There’s a lot of formal training on offer as well as a mentor and buddy system.
- The seat allocation process could be more transparent.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive.
- The hours can be unpredictable at times.
- Some departments can be harder to qualify into that others.
What insiders say about...
"Try not to be too boring, be professional but don't be afraid to express yourself..."
"The hierarchy is not obvious, as shown by trainees sitting with partners and there..."
"Skills are developed and legal training is delivered over lunchtimes well and intensively..."
"Greater access to mentors would be nice."
"We're in a good location with a nice building. Our office space is comfortable and..."
"When you are in the middle of a deal sometimes the hours can be long, but everybody..."
"Pay is below market level. However, this reflects a much more supportive and human..."
"Pru health (provided by the firm) is really good - the benefits it comes with are..."
"I completed an assessment day to secure a vacation scheme, and then was hired after..."
"There were general questions about my career motivation, my hobbies and interests..."
"Initiatives are in place but take second place to business needs."
"There is only one female equity partner, which is not good enough in my opinion...."
"All the seats I have completed so far have given me a genuinely high level of responsibility..."
"All trainees have to contribute to our award-winning pro bono programme."
"The atmosphere. Everyone is super friendly and you are able to call your colleagues..."
"Associate pay being quite low."
"The range of practices and industries."
"The rates are usually good but have dropped this year."
"We often do fun charity events such as abseiling down the side of our office building..."
"Cool, innovative, friendly and collaborative."
"Does not dismiss applications from other universities outside of the top 10."
"Provide more social events for trainees and better access to information about benefits..."