About The Whitehall & Industry Group
The Whitehall & Industry Group is a charity – not for profit, but for purpose; driven by a team passionate to improve mutual understanding and constructive collaboration between government, industry and the not-for-profit sector. Everything we look to achieve is underpinned by our values - Creative, Open-minded and Trusted.
WIG helps leaders in all sectors in the UK come together in a safe space to learn from each other, discuss mutual challenges, and find the synergies that would help them work more effectively together. The end goal is better business, better government and ultimately a better society.
Our over 230 members are top FTSE companies and Whitehall departments, charities, universities, local authorities and government agencies.
We are driven by a belief that solutions to global, national and organisational challenges are inspired by bringing the right people together from across the sectors.
Our vision of the world involves a cultural shift where learning, mutual understanding and collaboration are at the heart of how business, government, and the not-for-profit sector engage with each other for their own and the greater good.
We actively create opportunities to experience the impact of learning, understanding and co-creation of solutions amongst diverse participants from across the sectors.
We use our convening power to bring the right people in the room from a diverse range of organisations to share, learn and find solutions to common challenges. We do this by:
- Creating forums and space for the effective transfer of skills and knowledge between the sectors
- Providing timely, topical briefings from the top of civil service, business, academia and the voluntary sector
- Connecting regional administrations, local government and devolved governments to Whitehall
- Enabling active learning between leaders and future leaders through facilitated cross-sector programmes and placements
- Championing cross-sector careers and learning by raising awareness of the positive impact on individuals and organisations.
Each year we bring on board 2-3 individuals at entry level, typically in our Events and Leadership teams. Such roles typically involve logistics, customer relationship management and customer service. We work out of a newly refurbished office near St James' Park. A suite of benefits is available to WIG employees, including an interest-free annual season ticket loan, 5% pension contribution, a BUPA ‘Classic’ health check every two years, employee support programme and complimentary fresh fruit in the office.
WIG invests in the training of its staff, and all are expected to show commitment to personal learning and professional development.