"One of the most impressive employers on the market."
- The firm has a flat and supportive culture, which creates a friendly community of colleagues who are all happy to help each other out.
- Graduates from all over the world come together for their initial training in India or China, which is widely seen as an enjoyable experience.
- Day-to-day work is varied and graduates get to work with a range of cutting-edge technologies.
- The company likes to have a very positive involvement in social and economic justice.
- There can be some uncertainty over where your next workplace will be located, which may be daunting for some graduates.
- Some graduates felt that there could be more structured activities between projects.
- While work hours are generally good, the flexibility of them is dependent on clients.
- A lot of travel time can be involved when working on client projects.
What insiders say about...
"The application process consists of an initial application form, phone interview,..."
"I feel that ThoughtWorks has a fantastic culture, promoting and participating in..."
"ThoughtWorks' London office in Soho is brand new. ThoughtWorks offices are always..."
"9.00 am – 6.00 pm on an average day. Most work is collaborative so flexible work..."
"I think it's above average for my grade. I earn more than most of my peers."
"The learning budgets for courses and books are great, in addition to regular paid..."
"There was an initial phone interview, a code exercise, then a face-to-face day with..."
"There were several interviews: for the social justice interview the questions were..."
"Although personally I believe that we could do slightly better by saving more paper..."
"As it’s a flat structure, people are always happy to guide and give advice where..."
"ThoughtWorks invests a lot of effort into gender diversity and is very bold about..."
"It is not an entirely clear path to move up the ranks, but it is quite easy to take..."
"I have the impression that any suggestions in this space would be taken seriously,..."
"We employ agile practices - pair programming and test driven development, to name..."
"My colleagues, the community, the focus on my future and career development and getting..."
"There could be more transparency around people's roles, including my own."
"The three pillar model was inspired by Ben & Jerry's."
"Passionate and purpose-led individuals."
"ThoughtWorks hosts and supports a lot of the 'women in tech' groups that I am connected..."
"Training programmes here have included regular 'lunch-and-learn' sessions and lectures,..."
"The company have schemes like internships and actively target people who would traditionally..."
"I have found that not all the graduates coming back from ThoughtWorks University..."