"Personable, independent, forward-thinking."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- Salaries are seen as being fair for the hours worked by trainees.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"The best preparation is meeting trainees, partners and the recruitment team at presentations,..."
"People here are (rightly) very serious about their work, but doors are always open..."
"Good training programme within departments and excellent general session on public..."
"There is very much an open-door policy at Travers and trainees are encouraged to..."
"The firm has recently invested heavily in refurbishing the entire office space (which..."
"Vary from department to department- which is to be expected. You only stay late if..."
"Bonuses are paid every year but no one seems to know exactly when or how much."
"Cakes in the kitchens all the time!"
"Cover letter and CV, followed by first and second round interviews with partners...."
"Whether phone hacking is ever justified; whether companies should be forced to have..."
"We are continuing our effort to become paperless at Travers Smith."
"There is a strong commitment to diversity, both at the graduate recruitment level..."
"Partnership: an incredible number of hours and a huge sacrifice (just like all other..."
"I get to work with a wide range of clients on complex transactions and advisory matters...."
"The firm offers a wide range of great pro bono opportunities and it is extremely..."
"My fellow trainees are friendly - a real plus of working here."
"Our hours can be long at times and there can be periods of constant late nights."
"The firm being just right for me and having a small trainee intake ensured that they..."
"The firm has very good retention rates. Many of the partners trained initially with..."
"Trainees may have the opportunity to work in the Paris office."
"Friendly, open and collegiate."
"We have a week where pupils from non-privileged backgrounds come for a mid-term internship...."
"It is by its nature a stressful job but again this is client driven so the firm can..."
"Slightly more clarity on the qualification process."