"Travers Smith is supportive, inclusive and intelligent."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- Salaries are seen as being fair for the hours worked by trainees.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"There are two interviews in the application process, and they are each with partners..."
"There are occasionally long hours at the firm, but there is always a collegiate spirit..."
"Each trainee sits with a partner. This means that we become fairly close and it is..."
"People are very accessible (even partners) and there is regular feedback."
"The office is in a great location, has a good range of facilities (including a good..."
"I worked the hours that I had expected to at a top London firm, but I found that..."
"Pay is on a par with the rest of the top City firms."
"Partners and associates are very generous down the pub."
"Not a tiresome application process, but a tough interview that makes you think on..."
"In my interview I was not asked any of the typical competency based questions. Instead..."
"The firm has good recycling policies."
"The firm is making a real effort to promote diversity. Everyone at the firm is encouraged..."
"Partnership is a real possibility here, that's what makes it stand out from other..."
"I am happy with the sort of work I am given on a day-to-day basis. It is comparable..."
"I am involved with a reading program for disadvantaged children. Local free legal..."
"Collegiate atmosphere, supportive colleagues, great work."
"The qualification process lacks transparency. While retention rates are high, no..."
"The impressive client list and managing to maintain a smaller, more collegiate feel..."
"They are quite high. We choose trainees with the intention of keeping them on."
"There was no merger between two individual firms called Travers and Smith. The name..."
"Assured, agile, dynamic."
"Links with organisations such as RARE Recruitment."
"It is by its nature a stressful job but again this is client driven so the firm can..."
"Improve some of the systems eg file opening forms. I understand a new system is currently..."