- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"The best preparation is meeting trainees, partners and the recruitment team at presentations,..."
"This varies between departments but the associates in each department are generally..."
"The firm is focused very much on hands-on training where you learn on-the-job. Less..."
"Junior associates each have a senior associate mentor and most partners are approachable...."
"Our office is very good, especially since the refurbishment. The new canteen is great..."
"Not a 9 to 5 but no pressure to stay late to look good. If you are finished at 6:00pm,..."
"Excellent base pay. Bonus is probably less than some other firms but it's a worthwhile..."
"Food and taxis in the evening, tickets auctioned for charity from time to time."
"The interviews were challenging and focused on everyday issues rather than ones which..."
"Do you believe that affirmative action has a place in law firms?"
"The provision of various bins, the 'zero to landfill' initiative and the cycle-to-work..."
"There has been a long commitment to some diversity programmes here, and a renewed..."
"Partnership is a real possibility here, that's what makes it stand out from other..."
"Varies in departments, but increases as you progress through your training contract..."
"There are lots of opportunities to take part in pro bono projects at Travers Smith,..."
"How approachable everyone is, irrespective of their level of seniority."
"It is occasionally distracting working in a room with three other people."
"Its reputation for good work in a collegiate environment. I was further convinced..."
"100% this year. Everyone felt confident that a space would be available somewhere..."
"We have our own kitchen team including a cocktail mixologist and sommelier, the food..."
"Big firm work with a small firm culture."
"Links with organisations such as RARE Recruitment."
"It's a relaxed, professional environment - you are taught to be calm!"
"More transparency over seat preferences, seat rotation and qualification."