"A collegiate firm doing high-end work."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"Have a good knowledge of current affairs and be prepared to answer questions for..."
"There are occasionally long hours at the firm, but there is always a collegiate spirit..."
"Training is provided at the start of each seat and there's firm-wide training every..."
"The room structure lends itself well to lots of informal training, which I think..."
"The dress code is fully relaxed and you can wear whatever you want. Our offices are..."
"As a trainee you do not have much say over your hours. But, the people I have worked..."
"The bonuses are not personal so all trainees are paid the same. The fact that trainees..."
"There are plenty of work lunches, dinners and drinks."
"This was the most enjoyable interview process I had. There is no round with HR and..."
"Do you stand up for women on a train? If so, why? What areas of advice can Travers..."
"Certain departments operate paper-free policies. Although this is not a firm-wide..."
"Committed to increasing the diversity of the firm."
"Partnership: an incredible number of hours and a huge sacrifice (just like all other..."
"There's lots of client contact including attending conference calls and meetings,..."
"The firm has recently recruited a CSR manager to oversee and expand the firm's CSR..."
"There is a light-hearted, upbeat and inclusive culture at the firm that makes it..."
"There can be a certain amount of face-time in some departments."
"I wanted to work at a firm that offered high-quality work and an excellent training..."
"We had 100% retention last year. If it is ever below that it is because a trainee..."
"The firm's founders originated in Devon."
"Offers excellent work in a relaxed, down-to-earth but also stimulating environment...."
"Lots of vacation schemes for less privileged students, open days, talks, etc."
"A very high standard is expected at all times in respect of every piece of work."
"Open the snack room earlier, or close the canteen later."