"A top-tier law firm providing access to some of the most exciting..."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"The vacation scheme requires a CV, a cover letter and an interview. A direct training..."
"Culture and atmosphere at the firm is inclusive and makes it a good place to work...."
"Lots of in-house training sessions; good quality work provides excellent experience...."
"We have two reviews per seat and, on every occasion, I have received detailed feedback..."
"Offices are excellent following the refurbishment. They're clean, fresh and modern..."
"Hours at the trainee level are definitely not as bad as people commonly associate..."
"Pay is less than at some competitors but we leave the office and have a life outside..."
"Partners often take their rooms out for lunches or dinners – these are often at..."
"It's a very difficult interview process, but that's the point. The partners are fussy;..."
"Interview questions at the firm are open-ended, and may ask what you think of a recent..."
"The firm tries to recycle wherever possible and has various other green initiatives...."
"The number of diversity initiatives in the firm is notable in relation to women,..."
"Partnership is a real possibility here, that's what makes it stand out from other..."
"I have attended meetings and been able to call and email the most senior people at..."
"Reading scheme at a local primary school during lunch times. Volunteering at the..."
"Collegiate atmosphere, supportive colleagues, great work."
"Sometimes due to the small size more admin based work falls to the trainees."
"The small size of the firm, the reputation for top-quality work and the straightforward..."
"The rates are currently very good."
"The firm is split over two buildings."
"Top quality firm, smaller in size so greater exposure and responsibility in a supportive..."
"Links with organisations such as RARE Recruitment."
"It's a relaxed, professional environment - you are taught to be calm!"
"I would have liked the chance to go abroad for a couple of months."