"Best independent firm in London."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"The vacation scheme process involves sending in your CV and a covering letter and..."
"Everyone at the firm cooperates because there are no billable targets here, and colleagues..."
"This depends on the department, but most training is ok."
"Like many things, this varies depending on the specific individuals you sit with...."
"We had a recent refurbishment and the offices are now very smart. The location is..."
"Vary from department to department- which is to be expected. You only stay late if..."
"I think that the salary is very generous. I could never possibly complain when I..."
"Partners and associates are very generous down the pub."
"Covering letter and CV. Two partner interviews. I was asked moral dilemma questions..."
"During my interview for the vacation scheme, the questions were not the typical questions...."
"Zero to landfill' is the firm's policy and it's doing well in working towards it..."
"We have a dedicated staff for corporate social responsibility and diversity. As both..."
"Partnership is a real possibility here, that's what makes it stand out from other..."
"A range of work including traditional trainee tasks (bundling etc) and moments of..."
"There is an array of pro bono projects at the firm, which are widely attended (and..."
"Great tax client base. Pre-eminent in the private equity space. Supportive and collegiate..."
"Some seats are extremely competitive. Not everyone gets their first choice of seat...."
"I applied to Travers because of its great reputation and (having attended an event..."
"They're good, but the firm could be more transparent when it comes to who gets offered..."
"We've got a very good rugby sevens team."
"Hard-working, collegiate, friendly."
"Various work experience schemes in the past year or so and regular events where we..."
"It is by its nature a stressful job but again this is client driven so the firm can..."
"Train associates on people management and appropriate delegation. This would help..."