"Travers Smith is an independent law firm with personality."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"Academically proficient, well-rounded and confident individuals. Expect challenging..."
"Everyone at the firm cooperates because there are no billable targets here, and colleagues..."
"The formal training tends to be a little inadequate in anticipating the tasks that..."
"The informal training we get through sharing rooms with a partner and associates..."
"Easy going dress code (i.e. no ties unless in meetings). Offices are fine but lack..."
"Partners and associates are very understanding, but the nature of the work means..."
"NQs salaries are in line with similar law firms but there is a sense that they should..."
"Free food, drink and taxis if working late."
"Cover letter and CV, followed by first and second round interviews with partners...."
"No two interviews are the same. Instead of the usual recruitment jargon we discussed..."
"Far from the paperless office, but various individuals give it a real go. Could perhaps..."
"The firm seems to have a real commitment to diversity and inclusion and has excellent..."
"Partnership is a real possibility here, that's what makes it stand out from other..."
"A range of work including traditional trainee tasks (bundling etc) and moments of..."
"Plenty of opportunities to get involved in pro bono work; including the Paddington..."
"The people are very supportive, the work is generally interesting and the salary..."
"The hours can sometimes be very intense."
"There's a decent sized trainee intake, I like the culture and it has a reputation..."
"I have no doubt at all that there'll be a place for me as the firm is clearly committed..."
"The firm loves to spend Friday evenings in the Bishops Finger pub."
"Hard-working and high-achieving."
"In terms of social mobility the firm runs lots of outreach and mentoring programmes...."
"Can be hard work, and work/life balance can suffer if working on a large transaction...."
"More opportunities to attend external training days relevant to the department you..."