"Friendly high flyer."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"Simple and straightforward application procedure: CV and cover letter. No psychometric..."
"The firm's culture is one of the things that really sets Travers aside from the pack...."
"There are lunchtime seminars and regular training sessions on core principles of..."
"It depends on your room as your room partner is always accessible and I've been fortunate..."
"There's just been a refurb to the offices but some haven't been finished yet. The..."
"The hours in pensions are quite regular. There are a number of people on fixed hours..."
"We get excellent pay for trainees in the City and a very generous bonus this year...."
"There are plenty of work lunches, dinners and drinks."
"Simple interview process - no competency questions, just a CV and covering letter...."
"We discussed positive discrimination, human rights and photography."
"We have an environmental awareness week every year. The general office push is good..."
"The firm make a real effort to commit to diversity, and I am not sure that it could..."
"Partnership: an incredible number of hours and a huge sacrifice (just like all other..."
"I feel I am given plenty of opportunities to learn about the tasks I am set and feel..."
"The firm has recently recruited a CSR manager to oversee and expand the firm's CSR..."
"Great friendly atmosphere, intelligent and charismatic people."
"Sometimes stuck working late. No gym."
"The fact the firm treats trainees decently and exposes us to higher quality of work...."
"The firm tries to keep on the entire intake and there are no 'exit interviews', applications..."
"The firm's founders originated in Devon."
"Friendly, welcoming and hard-working."
"Lots of vacation schemes for less privileged students, open days, talks, etc."
"A very high standard is expected at all times in respect of every piece of work."
"There should be more flexibility in our seat choices."