"The firm has a friendly, collegiate atmosphere and does work..."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"There is no real way to prepare as you have to think on your feet and be prepared..."
"There are occasionally long hours at the firm, but there is always a collegiate spirit..."
"We attend a number of sessions, both on- and off-site, covering the specific aspects..."
"There is very much an open-door policy at Travers and trainees are encouraged to..."
"Great location, offices can be messy. I think this adds to the charm of the firm..."
"Hours have been fine - you expect to work some late nights. The unpredictability..."
"The bonus system is flat rate, which I don't think inspires people to work as hard..."
"Associate dinners are excellent. These are in the client dining rooms and the food..."
"Interview process is simple but demanding. First round interview with one partner..."
"No two interviews are the same. Instead of the usual recruitment jargon we discussed..."
"We have efforts underway to reduce our paper usage. There are recycling bins everywhere..."
"We have a diversity week and various groups such as the Faith Resources Group and..."
"Partnership is a real possibility here, that's what makes it stand out from other..."
"I get given interesting work as a trainee and get to take on important roles in deals...."
"I take part in a reading partners scheme at a primary school in East London and have..."
"Supportive, friendly environment; exposure to good quality work."
"Some seats are extremely competitive. Not everyone gets their first choice of seat...."
"I chose Travers Smith because I had a brilliant time on the vacation scheme, thought..."
"Travers has a historically fantastic retention rate. Provided the economy doesn't..."
"Trainees may have the opportunity to work in the Paris office."
"Great work and interesting people."
"PRIME scheme, reading scheme at a local school."
"You get stressed at stressful times - which often surround deadlines. As a lawyer..."
"More time off in lieu after long hours (for everyone, not just trainees)."