"Offers excellent work in a relaxed, down-to-earth but also stimulating..."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"For those not doing a vac scheme, the application process is fairly straightforward..."
"Partners are extremely accessible and take an interest in trainees and their development...."
"Good training programme within departments and excellent general session on public..."
"Generally the partners and associates are extremely accessible and feedback tends..."
"The dress code is smart casual and the office was recently refurbished and looks..."
"As with all City firms, there will be times where you are working in the early mornings..."
"I think we are paid very well considering our junior level. My hourly wage is probably..."
"There's free physiotherapy on site and Deliveroo is provided from 7.00 pm."
"Cover letter and CV, followed by first and second round interviews with partners...."
"I was asked about news stories. Be prepared to think on your feet and analyse a particular..."
"Although there is still a lot of paper used at the firm, they do seem to be working..."
"The firm is committed to the quality of its applicants first and foremost, and it..."
"Partnership: an incredible number of hours and a huge sacrifice (just like all other..."
"Client interaction does vary by department, but in the Corporate Department I have..."
"Once a year we have a scheme for children from underprivileged backgrounds to experience..."
"Room sharing, friendly colleagues and the quality of work."
"The inflexible and unpredictable timetable of a trainee solicitor."
"The quality of work and the size of the firm."
"We posted 100% this year and nearly everyone qualifies every year."
"Mr Travers Smith was one person."
"Ambitious, progressive, genuine and fun."
"Various work experience schemes in the past year or so and regular events where we..."
"It is by its nature a stressful job but again this is client driven so the firm can..."
"Introduce a 'bring your own device policy' so that I can use my own phone not a BlackBerry...."