"Best independent firm in London."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"Going to an open day or university presentation is the best way to get all information..."
"The firm is doing a lot to encourage the idea that it is a supportive place to work...."
"There are around three weeks of formal training sessions about the firm in general..."
"Generally the partners and associates are extremely accessible and feedback tends..."
"We had a recent refurbishment and the offices are now very smart. The location is..."
"My hours have been very reasonable compared to my peers at other firms. I probably..."
"The pay is in line with or higher than that of my peers in similar firms at trainee..."
"Evening food brought to your desk by the very charming general office team!"
"A first round interview with a partner then a second round interview with two partners...."
"My interview was with a partner and centred around a headline story in the news recently...."
"Although the firm could do more to reduce their carbon footprint; the efforts to..."
"There is a strong commitment to diversity, both at the graduate recruitment level..."
"Partnership is a real possibility here, that's what makes it stand out from other..."
"Two trainees in the same department can have wildly different experiences in terms..."
"Reading scheme at a local primary school during lunch times. Volunteering at the..."
"The people (even the most senior partners) are approachable and I like having high-profile..."
"The hours can be long and unpredictable."
"The vacation scheme. It was a great two weeks where I met lots of people from the..."
"Our retention rates are generally very high and usually close to 100%."
"The firm loves to spend Friday evenings in the Bishops Finger pub."
"You won't find a better place to train."
"We have a week where pupils from non-privileged backgrounds come for a mid-term internship...."
"A very high standard is expected at all times in respect of every piece of work."
"Slightly more clarity on the qualification process."