"A collegiate culture where your professional development matters...."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"The process involved a CV, covering letter and partner-led interview. The process..."
"A culture where personal life is respected but socialising with colleagues is encouraged..."
"Good training programme within departments and excellent general session on public..."
"Very accessible, approachable and supportive. People will give you work, ask you..."
"We have a very relaxed dress code so jeans and trainers are acceptable if you aren't..."
"Hours fluctuate considerably depending on the workload of the firm. Some associates..."
"NQs salaries are in line with similar law firms but there is a sense that they should..."
"We have free taxis after 8:00pm, and free dinners. Partners also often invite us..."
"Cover letter and CV, followed by first and second round interviews with partners...."
"My interview was with a partner and centred around a headline story in the news recently...."
"The firm has made significant steps by implementing various recycling bins on all..."
"Diversity initiatives are improving all the time at the firm: there is a new diversity..."
"Partnership is a real possibility here, that's what makes it stand out from other..."
"Client interaction does vary by department, but in the Corporate Department I have..."
"I've helped at the legal advice clinic and worked on pro bono projects with the YMCA...."
"It's a fantastic and supportive culture with lots of early responsibility and high-quality,..."
"The hours can sometimes be very intense."
"I attended a talk in Cambridge and really enjoyed talking to everyone I met, which..."
"The 100% rate of retention last year speaks for itself. People want to stay and the..."
"One of the firm's early partners was involved in the establishment of the London..."
"The firm is high quality, collegiate and friendly."
"The firm is involved in several outreach programme and is, in particular, an active..."
"It is by its nature a stressful job but again this is client driven so the firm can..."
"I'd like the opportunity to split one six-month seat into two three-month seats to..."