"Hardworking, professional and good-humoured."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"I had one interview for a vacation scheme and was then offered a training contract..."
"Everyone in the firm is very friendly and approachable and, due to the room-sharing..."
"The fact that you are encouraged to get stuck into transactions is the best form..."
"Most partners take their role as supervisors very seriously. Some partners hold weekly..."
"The refurbishment has made the office spaces great to work in. The kitchens on each..."
"My hours have been very reasonable compared to my peers at other firms. I probably..."
"NQs salaries are in line with similar law firms but there is a sense that they should..."
"We get a Deliveroo allowance in the evenings and free taxis after 9.00 pm. There..."
"I had an interview with one partner and then vacation scheme."
"The usual, "Why law" and "Why the City", followed by some 'thinking out of the box'..."
"Certain departments operate paper-free policies. Although this is not a firm-wide..."
"The firm is extremely committed to diversifying the workforce in every way. Everyone..."
"Partnership is a real possibility here, that's what makes it stand out from other..."
"The tasks I am given as a trainee are getting more advanced week by week and partners..."
"The firm provides pro bono work in relation to domestic abuse victims, reading schemes..."
"The firm has a great culture and a very supportive atmosphere. The partners and associates..."
"The IT systems could be improved."
"There's a decent sized trainee intake, I like the culture and it has a reputation..."
"I understand that the firm aspires to keep everyone on, depending on trainee preference..."
"The firm has implemented gender-neutral toilets across the firm."
"Travers Smith is supportive, inclusive and intelligent."
"We have a week where pupils from non-privileged backgrounds come for a mid-term internship...."
"It is by its nature a stressful job but again this is client driven so the firm can..."
"There is potential to space out the induction talks at the beginning, which would..."