"Independent and confident."
- The working environment is very positive within the firm thanks to the flat hierarchy and friendly colleagues.
- There is historically high retention with effort made to find a place for all trainees.
- The firm’s room-sharing system means that trainees are constantly able to get work from, and talk to, associates and partners.
- The firm is seen as being progressive in terms of diversity and environmental initiatives.
- Some felt that the IT and admin systems could benefit from being updated.
- Hours, training and the quality of work can vary greatly between departments.
- The qualification process is not as transparent as it could be.
- While hours are considered fair, they can still be unpredictable.
What insiders say about...
"There are two interviews in the application process, and they are each with partners..."
"The working culture was the immediate attraction when I was on my vacation scheme...."
"Subject specific training sessions are provided by the departments you sit in, and..."
"The room structure means that you are always able to ask for help from someone at..."
"We have a very relaxed dress code so jeans and trainers are acceptable if you aren't..."
"The nature of work across jurisdictions results in inflexible working hours at times...."
"I think the pay is close to the top of the market for an English firm."
"All trainees are given monogrammed briefcases at their first Christmas party."
"Cover letter and CV, followed by first and second round interviews with partners...."
"I was asked questions with a moralistic slant to allow discussion."
"The firm has made significant steps by implementing various recycling bins on all..."
"The firm seems to be trying hard to focus on diversity at the moment. There's an..."
"Partnership: an incredible number of hours and a huge sacrifice (just like all other..."
"Lots of client interaction and responsibility (almost too much!)."
"Once a year we have a scheme for children from underprivileged backgrounds to experience..."
"Great friendly atmosphere, intelligent and charismatic people."
"We are in the middle of an office refurbishment which can be disruptive."
"I did three vacation schemes: one at the Leeds office of a global firm, one at Travers..."
"The retention rates have historically been very good and this remains the case this..."
"The training principal has a painting of Joseph Travers Smith in his room."
"Stimulating, fun and intelligent."
"Recruitment fairs put on for prospective trainees varies across a wide range of universities...."
"Can be hard work, and work/life balance can suffer if working on a large transaction...."
"Improve some of the systems eg file opening forms. I understand a new system is currently..."