"Dynamic, flexible, changing and high-achieving."
- Work/life balance is seen as important at the firm and flexibility around hours reflects this.
- Trainees get a wide variety of important tasks to complete from early on.
- There’s a relaxed and friendly culture throughout the firm at all levels.
- Both formal and informal training is seen as being very good and helpful.
- The salary is low when compared to other City firms.
- Some of the IT services are seen as outdated.
- There could be more transparency around seat allocations.
- Limited seat options are offered in regional offices.
What insiders say about...
"My application process was via the vacation scheme and consisted of the following:..."
"One of the best aspects about Trowers is the friendly working environment and structure...."
"HR organise training sessions regularly and are good at getting feedback from trainees..."
"Solicitors and partners are always available to answer questions, and point you in..."
"Offices are the one thing at Trowers that could do with a lot of work. However, they..."
"I work 8am to 6:30pm most days – not as long as I expected."
"The pay is competitive for a regional firm."
"Our secondments abroad are a fairly good package – house, car, allowance and money..."
"Open day, interview [&] assessment"
"There are the expected questions such as: Why Trowers? Why Law? There are also other..."
"We try to recycle everything and cut down on printing where possible (with electronic..."
"The firm is diverse without doubt and frequently undertakes many events and training..."
"Excellence across the board will be required, but also a business case is needed..."
"I have had some (limited and supervised) client contact. The level of responsibility..."
"This could be better but I am a member of the corporate social responsibility team,..."
"My colleagues, the level of responsibility that I get and the fact that I feel that..."
"Not a huge number of perks and the pay isn't great."
"I was a paralegal at the firm before I applied for a training contract. I saw the..."
"From what I have seen, the retention rates are generally very high."
"The first female solicitor to gain a practising certificate was at the firm."
"Friendly, open and inclusive."
"More transparency around seat changes. The start date and seat change dates could..."