"Quirky, plucky and enterprising."
- Work/life balance is seen as important at the firm and flexibility around hours reflects this.
- Trainees get a wide variety of important tasks to complete from early on.
- There’s a relaxed and friendly culture throughout the firm at all levels.
- Both formal and informal training is seen as being very good and helpful.
- The salary is low when compared to other City firms.
- Some of the IT services are seen as outdated.
- There could be more transparency around seat allocations.
- Limited seat options are offered in regional offices.
What insiders say about...
"An interest in doing a seat in the Middle East definitely helps (and is an amazing..."
"The firm is friendly and supportive. All partners are approachable in an open-plan..."
"There are many training sessions throughout the year, both legal and non-legal. Some..."
"Solicitors and partners from the highest level downwards are approachable and willing..."
"Very good cafeteria, access to Royal Academy, can use gym at subsidised rates due..."
"Work on average approx. 50 hours a week – as much as I would have expected, plus..."
"The trainee salary is at the lower end of the market for the City. Bonuses for trainees..."
"Getting involved in marketing events or supporting vacation students can also lead..."
"Assessment centre (with HR), followed by two-partner interview (so two rounds). Assessment..."
"Who are the firm's biggest competitors? Give an example of a time you were stressed..."
"We have lots of recycling bins and lights that turn off automatically."
"A focus on and commitment to diversity is implicit within everything at Trowers,..."
"Excellence across the board will be required, but also a business case is needed..."
"In certain departments, such as housing projects, you are given a lot of responsibility..."
"This could be better but I am a member of the corporate social responsibility team,..."
"The culture, the people, the practice areas, the quality of work and the opportunity..."
"Our salary is not as high as other City firms."
"The work, the culture I experienced on my vacation scheme and the size of intakes...."
"They are very good. The firm looks to keep all trainees and people only leave when..."
"The firm was founded in 1777."
"Dynamic, flexible, changing and high-achieving."
"The firm could be more transparent in its allocation of trainees to different teams,..."