"Ambitious, friendly, hardworking and supportive."
- Work/life balance is seen as important at the firm and flexibility around hours reflects this.
- Trainees get a wide variety of important tasks to complete from early on.
- There’s a relaxed and friendly culture throughout the firm at all levels.
- Both formal and informal training is seen as being very good and helpful.
- The salary is low when compared to other City firms.
- Some of the IT services are seen as outdated.
- There could be more transparency around seat allocations.
- Limited seat options are offered in regional offices.
What insiders say about...
"Tailor your application, know the firm and what we do and keep up to date with commercial..."
"There is a strong team spirit with all lawyers, partners and solicitors and support..."
"HR organise training sessions regularly and are good at getting feedback from trainees..."
"My supervisor (a partner) explains everything that we do in great detail, and is..."
"Offices tend to be central and well appointed, although the quality of decoration..."
"I usually work from 9.30 am to 6.15 pm on average."
"The pay is very competitive for a regional office and it's better than the majority..."
"Provision of a car and flat when out in the Gulf."
"I went through an interview procedure, an online test and aptitude test. This has..."
"Who are the firm's biggest competitors? Give an example of a time you were stressed..."
"We try to recycle everything and cut down on printing where possible (with electronic..."
"It's the gay friendly firm of the City, so I've heard. It's a very tolerant place..."
"Excellence across the board will be required, but also a business case is needed..."
"It's a great firm to work at. I work in the affordable housing practice, a sector..."
"I have little experience with pro bono work at the firm. However, I have been part..."
"The culture of professionalism and the huge amount of responsibility given at an..."
"Hours can be long depending on where you are sitting."
"Its international presence, flat hierarchy, culture and friendliness of the people...."
"From what I have seen, the retention rates are generally very high."
"The first female solicitor to gain a practising certificate was at the firm."
"Dynamic, flexible, changing and high-achieving."
"Upgrade the IT systems."