"Dynamic, flexible, changing and high-achieving."
- Work/life balance is seen as important at the firm and flexibility around hours reflects this.
- Trainees get a wide variety of important tasks to complete from early on.
- There’s a relaxed and friendly culture throughout the firm at all levels.
- Both formal and informal training is seen as being very good and helpful.
- The salary is low when compared to other City firms.
- Some of the IT services are seen as outdated.
- There could be more transparency around seat allocations.
- Limited seat options are offered in regional offices.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself – there is no Trowers type, so no need to adopt intellectual pretensions..."
"Friendly atmosphere. Not rigidly structured but with an underlying sense of direction...."
"Weekly trainee training session organised to give invaluable insight into working..."
"Very good – partners/solicitors take time out to explain procedures/law. They are..."
"The building is quite old, as is the computer system. The firm is moving to a new..."
"My hours are on par with what I would expect at a City law firm. Like the rest of..."
"Low compared with my peers at other firms but good given the hours we work and the..."
"Most of the perks are pretty standard (such as interest free season ticket loan,..."
"Assessment centre (with HR), followed by two-partner interview (so two rounds). Assessment..."
"…You'll probably get a mixture of legal and non-legal questions – as much to..."
"We have gone paperless, installed shredders for recycling, all forms of plastic and..."
"LGBTQ+ and ethnicity issues are always at the fore at Trowers, with many events and..."
"Excellence across the board will be required, but also a business case is needed..."
"It's a great firm to work at. I work in the affordable housing practice, a sector..."
"I have little experience with pro bono work at the firm. However, I have been part..."
"Relaxed environment, open-door policy, opportunity to do a seat abroad."
"Not very exciting work, not very challenging, not enough competition and not enough..."
"The diversity of the firm including the people and the work. I was treated with respect..."
"They are very good. The firm looks to keep all trainees and people only leave when..."
"The first female solicitor to gain a practising certificate was at the firm."
"Quirky, plucky and enterprising."
"More transparency around seat changes. The start date and seat change dates could..."