"Focused on development."
- Flexible hours and the ability to work from home help interns to maintain a good work/life balance.
- There’s a long list of perks including trips and multiple discounts.
- Interns get the chance to experience and learn about a wide variety of things in the industry.
- While the pay is seen as fair, it is not competitive with similar internships.
- Interns may not be able to take advantage of every opportunity.
- Not all managers are as available as others.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself and ask questions! Make sure you actually like the culture of the company..."
"Interns at Virgin Media are part of the graduate committee. This is a committee of..."
"I work 9.00 am to 5.30 pm usually but there are flexible working hours and working..."
"I have been to Amsterdam on a work trip to the Liberty Global tech summit, which..."
"Questions were largely situational. Be sure to back everything up with examples from..."
"The role I do day to day changes very quickly. The wifi testing team is always on..."
"The support from line managers, the flexible working hours, the opportunities to..."
"There are no intern-specific socials and the pay could be more competitive."
"We aren't actually owned by Richard Branson."
"Overall, very happy."
"A few things. Virgin Media is a large organisation that will stand out on my CV and..."
"There's a variety of training courses, usually one every two weeks that range from..."
"More organisation within the scheme and a better induction experience."
"It's pretty uncompetitive and difficult to live off with rent, travel and uni fees..."
"Yes and no. My line manager isn't based in my office, which presents its own challenges...."