"Ambitious, well paid and friendly."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- There could be more social events held at the start of the training contract.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"Learn about the firm; what deals it has done and who its major clients are. Have..."
"The culture at the firm is variable between teams, the latter are small enough to..."
"Training is high quality and interesting, often delivered by the (extremely well..."
"Weil's London office has a formal mentoring policy, whereby all trainees and associates..."
"New, smart offices. Dress code is formal Monday to Thursday with casual Friday."
"This fluctuates greatly as a transaction progresses (as anyone going into this kind..."
"The reason I get up in the morning."
"We are often offered tickets to sporting or cultural events by partners."
"I attended one assessment day, which included an interview with a partner and an..."
"Questions included: Where did your interest in law come from? Why don't you want..."
"There's a massive push to be more environmentally friendly. I highly rate this initiative...."
"The firm has very good diversity policies, and this is particularly true of the current..."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"I'm given a lot of responsibility and independence. The work is often of a standard..."
"An enormous amount of varied and interesting pro bono work, which you are strongly..."
"The training and support received at the firm, not just from supervisors, but from..."
"Sometimes the hours can be really manic, but then other times it can be too quiet...."
"There's very high-quality work with top-tier clients, a small intake size, good responsibility..."
"Retention rates are usually 100% - as we have a small trainee intake, the firm is..."
"Our café, called Oneten, is great."
"Highly knowledgeable, skilful and friendly people."
"Make the seat rotation and qualification process more transparent."