"Ambitious, well paid and friendly."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"Research the firm! Read about the London office in particular - we are not an outpost..."
"Culture is very ‘open doors.’ With limited exceptions, nobody would mind a trainee..."
"There's lots of departmental training and lots of training courses specifically for..."
"Weil is very dedicated to mentoring and encourages every trainee to choose a mentor..."
"The offices and facilities are great. The dress code is quite relaxed and there are..."
"On average I work nine or ten hours a day. There isn't a huge 'face-time' culture,..."
"I would definitely describe the trainee salary as generous!"
"Free taxis after 10pm are a bonus."
"There are verbal and written tests, then an interview and an assessment day. Questions..."
"Aside from your academic life, what are you working on to better yourself?"
"There's no plastic in the canteen."
"Absolutely outstanding at every level. Initially driven from the US, the London office..."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"My responsibilities include: drafting; reviewing documents; running small discrete..."
"As much pro bono as you like, we have a dedicated programme."
"The level of exposure, degree of client interaction and calibre of transactions undertaken...."
"Some practice areas are rather small in the London office, but we all knew this when..."
"It has a great reputation and benefits with a small intake and early exposure."
"The qualification process is ambiguous but, given the feedback I've received so far,..."
"They have a great love of green."
"Friendly, efficient and commercial."
"More social events held at the start."