"The firm is focused and incisive."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"Know the firm and know about private equity and the nature of our deals. Set yourself..."
"The firm is very friendly and has a true 'open-door' policy. People are supportive..."
"The training programmes are of a high quality and attendance is mandatory. There..."
"The firm places a lot of emphasis on building your own mentoring network and I think..."
"We have beautiful views overlooking the amazing Kings College London's library."
"I work on average 50 hours a week, which is what I expected. However, the supervisors..."
"The pay is amazing."
"Taxi home after 10pm. You get 7.50 to spend on dinner."
"I felt like I was on the Apprentice. It was tough but I felt that they were sifting..."
"Why Weil? Why law? Why commercial law? What is private equity? What other firms did..."
"The firm is very committed to this. Our restaurant is plastic free and everything..."
"Equality and diversity at the firm is hugely important and very successful. The office..."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"Responsibilities are a great plus in this firm, as the small size and big ticket..."
"I have worked on many pro bono projects such as financing for a charity specialising..."
"Good responsibility, high-quality work, small motivated teams."
"Long hours, a pressured environment and not much formal training. You can feel overstretched..."
"Opportunity to work at a US firm with a good reputation – friendly culture and..."
"Despite being an American firm in London, we generate around 80% of our own work..."
"Driven. High-achieving. Focused."
"More social events held at the start."