"Friendly, hard-working and respected."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"An online application, online reasoning test, video interview, assessment centre..."
"The culture at the firm is variable between teams, the latter are small enough to..."
"There's usually great training on the practice area that you are sitting in."
"It's very much up to the trainee to get this. I personally had a great experience..."
"The dress code is business smart. People wear anything from suits to smart dresses..."
"I get very varied hours depending on the amount of work on at that particular time...."
"Pay is very generous. Associate bonuses are reportedly lower than other US firms...."
"The partners have a selection of debenture tickets and memberships for all kinds..."
"The process consisted of an application form, a verbal reasoning test, a first interview,..."
"Business-related questions. I was given a legal problem a business may have and asked..."
"I do not know the full extent of its green policies, but there does seem to be more..."
"The firm regularly wins awards for these sorts of things and has committees on them...."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"I have a high level of responsibility, and substantial direct client interaction..."
"There's a fantastic pro bono programme. The charitable work undertaken by employees..."
"The high level of responsibility given to trainees, which contributes to making you..."
"There's an expectation to reply to email messages at any time of day or on the weekend...."
"I got good exposure during my vacation scheme."
"The retention rates are generally good. However, as we are a smaller firm, there..."
"Every year there is a football match between the London and Paris offices."
"I think we could benefit from more formal training."