"Sociable, innovative and charismatic."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"The process is a bit less lengthy than other firms. Weil only requires an application..."
"Great social life if you want to get involved. We've had 4 finance 'welcome' drinks..."
"It's very limited but I don't think it has hindered my progression as a lawyer."
"Most people are very receptive to any questions you have, especially if you show..."
"The office space at the first is spacious and very suitable."
"This fluctuates greatly as a transaction progresses (as anyone going into this kind..."
"We get a very good salary that's at the higher end of the market for trainees in..."
"There are trainee events to great concerts at the O2 box as well as free tickets...."
"I attended one assessment day, which included an interview with a partner and an..."
"What are some potential funding sources when a company needs to raise money?"
"The firm is very committed to this. Our restaurant is plastic free and everything..."
"The LGBT committee has a strong and energetic presence in the firm, while the firm..."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"The work is generally very good. There are, of course, certain more administrative..."
"The firm requires a mandatory 50 hours of pro bono work per lawyer, these hours counting..."
"The people and the work."
"Occasional long hours."
"The great work undertaken by Weil and its reputation stood out for me."
"Last year's retention rate was 100%, and over the last few years everyone that has..."
"In 1975, Weil served as legal counsel to the City of New York when it almost went..."
"Intelligent, focused and forward-thinking."
"The firm should allow trainees to have some say in their first seat."