"Friendly, dynamic and world class."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"Research the key practice areas of the firm and understand the firm's position in..."
"The office environment is collegiate, and trainees are friendly at work but very..."
"There's usually great training on the practice area that you are sitting in."
"Most people are very receptive to any questions you have, especially if you show..."
"We have beautiful views overlooking the amazing Kings College London's library."
"I work on average 50 hours a week, which is what I expected. However, the supervisors..."
"The trainee pay is market leading."
"The partners have a selection of debenture tickets and memberships for all kinds..."
"Vacation scheme attendees are allocated teams and expected to prepare a pitch presentation..."
"My interview included questions along the lines of what some people perceive to be..."
"Law means lots of paper. We have an emphasis on recycling."
"We have excellent diversity initiatives across the firm."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"The clients and transactions we work on are at the peak of the PE market in the UK,..."
"As much pro bono as you like, we have a dedicated programme."
"Working in a small office means that you get to know everyone quickly; which makes..."
"The unpredictable, long hours can be a bit of a negative."
"The quality of work and clients were the things that attracted me to this firm."
"The retention rates are generally good. However, as we are a smaller firm, there..."
"In 1975, Weil served as legal counsel to the City of New York when it almost went..."
"Intelligent, focused and forward-thinking."
"Provide an IT buddy for the first few weeks."