"Knows what it is good at and expects a lot from its employees...."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"Independent thinkers. The firm does not hire corporate drones, and people are expected..."
"The culture of the firm is very down to earth and, I believe, very meritocratic...."
"We receive a fair amount of formal training, and this is usually department specific...."
"This is likely to be dependent upon your supervisor but there's generally fantastic..."
"Offices are average by London standards. Small coffee shop/canteen and showers are..."
"9.30am – 8pm is my average day, which is exactly what I'd expected. The firm doesn't..."
"Salary is very high among competitors and generally in line with, but higher than,..."
"After submission of my application online, I was invited to sit an online verbal..."
"We mostly discussed private equity in depth."
"We are almost completely free of single-use plastic as a firm."
"There's good commitment to LGBTQ+ diversity."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"As a general rule at Weil there is no list of ’trainee tasks’. My supervisor..."
"We have an amazing CSR and pro bono ethic and team. We are all encouraged to get..."
"Everyone is very friendly and happy to help."
"Sometimes there is a lack of visibility in respect to upcoming busy periods, but..."
"There's a big focus on top-tier corporate deals."
"There are usually good retention rates but it naturally depends on business need..."
"A cake trolley circulates the office every Thursday afternoon."
"The firm is focused and incisive."
"More formal training. Some teams should work on project management."