"Friendly, dynamic and world class."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"Know the firm and know about private equity and the nature of our deals. Set yourself..."
"The trainees often socialise together and as there are normally only about 20 trainees..."
"Training programmes need to be more focused on your current seat and less general...."
"Senior members of the firm are generally very accessible and great to work with...."
"The firm's offices are clean, bright and professional."
"Firm is increasingly (though still not very) flexible. The nature of the industry..."
"The pay is amazing."
"Free tickets to various events are often going. And we have dinners sometimes and..."
"I came through the vacation scheme and received a training contract through that...."
"What key issues are investment funds facing in the current economic environment?..."
"It's fairly good and there is mostly no single-use plastic sold in the office. Paper..."
"Trainee intake is very eclectic. Lots of emphasis on this at partner/committee level...."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"I am made to feel part of the integral team on transactions, though occasional admin/process..."
"There's a fantastic pro bono programme. The charitable work undertaken by employees..."
"Money, challenging work is there in the right department."
"The work flow was unpredictable and varied a great deal."
"I chose my firm because the people I met were down to earth, and they didn't make..."
"I have already accepted a position as an NQ at the firm."
"Antony Gormley created and tailor-made a fantastic statue for us, which stands in..."
"Friendly, down to earth, hard working, very good at what it does."
"Fewer hours would be welcome at times, though this is to be expected in corporate..."