"Lean, friendly and exciting."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"Definitely know what private equity is, and show why you're interested in it, because..."
"The firm is very friendly and has a true 'open-door' policy. People are supportive..."
"Very much depends upon the department. Trainees all complete the professional skills..."
"Senior members of the firm are generally very accessible and great to work with...."
"Dress code – depends very much on the department, but (for men) suit trousers and..."
"Generally 9:30am-8:00pm. Occasionally (depending on department) I have worked periods..."
"Weil's remuneration package for trainees and new qualifiers is very competitive."
"We have a very fun annual quiz for Richard House, a hospice for children in London..."
"Interview with a partner and associate – general CV based questions and a commercial..."
"No curveballs. They want to know that you understand the business and where the firm..."
"We have a strong commitment to green initiatives. The office has been very proactive..."
"There's good commitment to LGBTQ+ diversity."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"At work I was given trainee duties on transactions, but I had considerable responsibility..."
"We have a dynamic head of pro bono at the firm, who has boosted the general commitment..."
"Training is to a very high standard."
"Hours, some departments do not provide enough challenging work."
"Small office means a high level of responsibility, good work and good pay."
"I have already accepted a position as an NQ at the firm."
"We keep bees on the roof."
"Slick and sophisticated but also friendly."
"Make the seat rotation and qualification process more transparent."