- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"Basic knowledge of private equity transactions is key."
"The culture at the firm varies by team a lot, however, overall it is not hierarchical...."
"There's usually great training on the practice area that you are sitting in."
"Good exposure to senior associates and partners – who are the best people to learn..."
"The office space at the first is spacious and very suitable."
"The hours depend on each team. Some teams can have consistent hours while others..."
"Pay is very generous. Associate bonuses are reportedly lower than other US firms...."
"We often have free tickets offered to us at the O2 or Arsenal and Man United football..."
"Vacation scheme attendees are allocated teams and expected to prepare a pitch presentation..."
"My interview included questions along the lines of what some people perceive to be..."
"There's no plastic in the canteen."
"Good initiatives on LGBT but could do better on women's issues."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"Good quality work, big clients, major mandates (by and large). Opportunity to take..."
"I think that our firm is the best in the City for pro bono. All employees are expected..."
"Training is to a very high standard."
"I felt that at times that my seniors were demanding, but they wanted to see my best..."
"The first-year open day I attended was really informative and engaging. Everyone..."
"The retention rates are generally good. However, as we are a smaller firm, there..."
"Despite being an American firm in London, we generate around 80% of our own work..."
"Driven. High-achieving. Focused."
"I'd have liked more structured training."