"It's a down-to-earth firm, where you'll have to work hard but..."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"Research the firm! Read about the London office in particular - we are not an outpost..."
"When people get away, they tend to spend it with family and friends. Having said..."
"Training is high quality and interesting, often delivered by the (extremely well..."
"Weil is very dedicated to mentoring and encourages every trainee to choose a mentor..."
"The London office is just off Fleet Street, and is very new and modern. The dress..."
"The hours are long but there are also quiet periods to take advantage of. There is..."
"Pay is very generous. Associate bonuses are reportedly lower than other US firms...."
"We get a great holiday allowance (26 days base), good firm events (eg Christmas at..."
"I felt like I was on the Apprentice. It was tough but I felt that they were sifting..."
"I was not asked anything wacky or unexpected: questions surrounded my motivations..."
"The firm is very committed to this. Our restaurant is plastic free and everything..."
"Good initiatives on LGBT but could do better on women's issues."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"It has varied between departments. I have mostly felt challenged and been given responsibility..."
"There are lots of interesting pro bono matters to get involved with."
"Top level talent and the opportunity to work on deals that are at the cutting-edge..."
"The unpredictable, long hours can be a bit of a negative."
"The first-year open day I attended was really informative and engaging. Everyone..."
"The retention rates seem to be quite good."
"Antony Gormley created and tailor-made a fantastic statue for us, which stands in..."
"Friendly, interesting and a fun place to work."
"More clarity about the seat rotation process and international secondments."