"Knows what it is good at and expects a lot from its employees...."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"You need to be able to stand up to a lot of pressure, both at interview and in the..."
"Trainee group is very friendly and supportive. Socialising is difficult as working..."
"There was a great deal of induction training provided at the start."
"There's an excellent formalised mentoring programme. The culture of the firm also..."
"The offices and facilities are great. The dress code is quite relaxed and there are..."
"Working hours vary wildly across the different practice areas. I have been in non-transactional..."
"The pay is amazing."
"Free entry to all exhibitions at the Royal Academy."
"After submission of my application online, I was invited to sit an online verbal..."
"I was asked why I chose law, and Weil in particular, in addition to why I chose private..."
"We are almost completely free of single-use plastic as a firm."
"The firm has very good diversity policies, and this is particularly true of the current..."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"My responsibilities include: drafting; reviewing documents; running small discrete..."
"There has recently been a big push for associates to meet their 50 hour per annum..."
"There is a great trainee intake at the firm, and the funds team is very competent...."
"I felt that at times that my seniors were demanding, but they wanted to see my best..."
"I chose my firm for the salary, the size, the responsibility and the clients."
"There are usually good retention rates but it naturally depends on business need..."
"Antony Gormley created and tailor-made a fantastic statue for us, which stands in..."
"There is high calibre work, with long hours and good rewards."
"More encouragement around social events."