"Ambitious, hard-working, good atmosphere."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"The process is a bit less lengthy than other firms. Weil only requires an application..."
"It's a very fun place to work. Everyone is happy to help you out and easy to approach...."
"There was a great deal of induction training provided at the start."
"The firm offers us a trainee-responsible partner, and a personal mentor if we want..."
"New, smart offices. Dress code is formal Monday to Thursday with casual Friday."
"Even though the hours can be very long, I have never felt that I was sitting in the..."
"Our pay and bonuses are both very good."
"There are trainee events to great concerts at the O2 box as well as free tickets...."
"There is an excellent vac scheme which gives you a genuine feel for the office and..."
"Aside from your academic life, what are you working on to better yourself?"
"Law means lots of paper. We have an emphasis on recycling."
"The firm regularly wins awards for these sorts of things and has committees on them...."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"Responsibilities are a great plus in this firm, as the small size and big ticket..."
"There are a huge variety of pro bono opportunities on offer. I've worked on a research..."
"High quality of work with talented, interesting and pleasant colleagues."
"Some teams can be under-staffed, which might lead to long working hours."
"I chose my firm for the salary, the size, the responsibility and the clients."
"It's good but there can sometimes be an issue when multiple trainees want to qualify..."
"In 1975, Weil served as legal counsel to the City of New York when it almost went..."
"A driven and profitable firm consisting of close-knit teams."
"I'd have liked more structured training."