"Great culture, ethos, top-tier practices."
- The remuneration is competitive at both trainee and new qualifier level.
- Weil gives trainees a great deal of responsibility, meaning they are able to learn quickly.
- The firm has a friendly yet professional working atmosphere.
- There’s a generous holiday allowance as well as other perks offered by the firm.
- Hours can be long and unpredictable, especially in some departments.
- Some feel that they could benefit from additional formal training.
- Trainees may be expected to respond to emails on weekends.
- Seat rotation and secondment opportunities could be more open and flexible.
What insiders say about...
"Be prepared, Weil Gotshal want to see a high level of interest in the firm and our..."
"The culture at the firm is variable between teams, the latter are small enough to..."
"It's very limited but I don't think it has hindered my progression as a lawyer."
"The firm places a lot of emphasis on building your own mentoring network and I think..."
"The office is excellent. We have great desk space though more offices may be required..."
"Long hours are the norm and you are expected to cancel plans at the drop of a hat...."
"Paid very well."
"Occasional free tickets to music/sporting events (Beyoncé, Lady Gaga)"
"There were two interviews, a pitch exercise, a negotiation exercise, a group exercise..."
"What are some potential funding sources when a company needs to raise money?"
"Law means lots of paper. We have an emphasis on recycling."
"We have just had our bi-annual firm-wide diversity week, where a variety of talks..."
"As a trainee, there are reviews every three months, and then every six months as..."
"Varies by department but generally good."
"A target of 50 hours of pro bono per lawyer is encouraged and met by nearly everyone...."
"Weil is made up of a variety of driven people."
"There is a lack of visibility with regards to the hours you will be working on any..."
"The quality of work, calibre of clients and complexity of deals for a corporate firm...."
"Weil has a very high retention rate."
"In 1975, Weil served as legal counsel to the City of New York when it almost went..."
"It's a down-to-earth firm, where you'll have to work hard but the ownership you have..."
"I'd have liked more structured training."