"Ambitious, sociable and keeps you on your toes."
- There’s a friendly working environment with a strong commitment to improving diversity.
- There are a variety of international opportunities available.
- The work given to trainees gets progressively more complex and interesting as they gain experience.
- The salary is seen as being very fair for the work and hours undertaken.
- Some trainees would like more transparency about seat moves.
- The amount of informal training can vary between departments.
- Hours can be long and fairly unpredictable.
- Some have found their workload can vary widely over time.
What insiders say about...
"I believe the firm primarily hires through the vacation scheme. There is an online..."
"Although it depends on the department, most of them do not have a face-time culture..."
"The ongoing nature of the training is good and the introductory three weeks helps..."
"There are some very good mentors at the firm but you will not always receive praise..."
"I'm in a good office in the centre of the City. Our dress code depends on the department..."
"The hours can be long at times but trainees are able to work from home if there is..."
"It's good for the work/life balance that I get."
"We get tickets to London Zoo (the firm has a pro bono relationship with it) as well..."
"I wrote a covering letter application, I then had a vacation scheme and an interview..."
"Why White & Case? Why a career in commercial law? I was also asked to explain my..."
"There have recently been big efforts in this area: none of the offices have general..."
"The firm has various organisations set up for diversity, which are active and sociable...."
"Although my client interaction in my second seat has been limited to emails, in my..."
"I have done projects on research for law against child pornography and sexual exploitation...."
"I get to work on high-value deals and disputes that are at the forefront of the market...."
"Some parts of our offices are a little bland."
"I had a great experience during my vacation scheme. People were supportive and friendly..."
"The retention rates here are generally high."
"Every year the firm hosts the White & Case world cup where each office puts forward..."
"A global law firm with excellent-quality lawyers."
"Trainees come from a variety of backgrounds and universities at the firm and there..."
"A buddy system should be set up between trainees."