"International and truly global."
- There’s a friendly working environment with a strong commitment to improving diversity.
- There are a variety of international opportunities available.
- The work given to trainees gets progressively more complex and interesting as they gain experience.
- The salary is seen as being very fair for the work and hours undertaken.
- Some trainees would like more transparency about seat moves.
- The amount of informal training can vary between departments.
- Hours can be long and fairly unpredictable.
- Some have found their workload can vary widely over time.
What insiders say about...
"My advice is to thoroughly know your stuff about your degree, about the firm and..."
"The teams I have worked in have been fantastic, hugely engaging and genuinely interested..."
"They make an effort with the training but I think it could be improved quite a bit...."
"I have met some fantastic people who have proven to be great mentors and are genuinely..."
"We have a really nice canteen. The dress code is business casual, which means I usually..."
"I have experience that if you do the work, then your hours are your own; although,..."
"The pay and benefits are good. Trainees don't get bonuses, which is probably a good..."
"There are free dinners and taxis when you're working late."
"There was an interview with HR and two associates, followed by one interview with..."
"Why do you want to work at this firm? What have you enjoyed most about the firm?..."
"The firm has strong green initiatives."
"There are a number of different interest groups and flexible working is utilised..."
"As a trainee, if you are proactive you can get a great variety of work including..."
"The firm provides a wide variety of pro bono matters for us to get involved in. I..."
"Very friendly people – most have a nice attitude to work and the treatment of trainees...."
"It can be hard to maintain a good work/life balance in certain departments."
"Getting to do great work for top notch clients, the compensation and a guaranteed..."
"The retention rates at the firm are very good."
"All trainees get to do a seat in one of the overseas offices!"
"Leading and entrepreneurial. You're trusted to do more if you prove yourself."
"The firm offers a week of work experience for students from schools in deprived areas...."
"Feedback could be more encouraged across departments for both associates and partners...."