"International, dynamic and prestigious."
- There’s a friendly working environment with a strong commitment to improving diversity.
- There are a variety of international opportunities available.
- The work given to trainees gets progressively more complex and interesting as they gain experience.
- The salary is seen as being very fair for the work and hours undertaken.
- Some trainees would like more transparency about seat moves.
- The amount of informal training can vary between departments.
- Hours can be long and fairly unpredictable.
- Some have found their workload can vary widely over time.
What insiders say about...
"The best tip would be to apply for a vacation scheme as the firm recruits the majority..."
"The hours can be long but there's camaraderie among trainees and associates which..."
"I am in my first seat (about to go into second) and the skills that I have picked..."
"People have so far been very approachable in my current department."
"The location is great but some parts of the offices could do with a bit of refurbishment...."
"I have generally had a good experience hours-wise. It varies a lot depending upon..."
"I am happy with my pay at the moment but I expect that my firm will raise associate..."
"We get a guaranteed seat overseas with a great selection of offices (Paris, Tokyo,..."
"I would say competition is fierce, however, if you are the right fit for the firm,..."
"It was quite a relaxed interview. I was asked the typical questions on competencies..."
"This is of high importance. We do not have any waste bins in the offices anymore..."
"The firm is very committed to diversity. However, sometimes there could be more education..."
"I'm reasonably satisfied. There's a mixture of menial and mundane tasks as well as..."
"Whilst here, I worked on a research project for the United Nations Child Rights Network..."
"The training has been fantastic so far. The first three weeks focus on preparing..."
"My remuneration when compared with some competitors could be improved."
"White & Case is well respected with a huge global reach. There are great opportunities..."
"Generally, the firm has excellent retention rates."
"We have a World Cup tournament for all of our offices every year."
"International, diverse, sociable and hard-working."
"Trainees come from a variety of backgrounds and universities at the firm and there..."
"I'd like to be given slightly more of an insight into how the seats are allocated...."