- There’s a friendly working environment with a strong commitment to improving diversity.
- There are a variety of international opportunities available.
- The work given to trainees gets progressively more complex and interesting as they gain experience.
- The salary is seen as being very fair for the work and hours undertaken.
- Some trainees would like more transparency about seat moves.
- The amount of informal training can vary between departments.
- Hours can be long and fairly unpredictable.
- Some have found their workload can vary widely over time.
What insiders say about...
"Most trainees are recruited through the vacation scheme, which requires an application..."
"The culture of the firm depends very much on the department. Over the course of my..."
"You learn more on the job than in any training session, but most departments have..."
"Mentoring depends on the individual. In my experience most partners are very accessible..."
"The dress code at White & Case is smart/casual with a dress down Friday policy."
"I have found my hours to be better than expected. It depends on which department..."
"There are no bonuses for trainees as of yet, but I think that the salary is good,..."
"Taxis are free after 9:00pm and food is free after 7:00pm; there is a sports bonus..."
"The application process consisted of an online application, a vacation scheme and..."
"I was asked a variety of questions over the course of different interviews but, in..."
"There are green initiatives to reduce the firm's footprint: there is a big push to..."
"I think White & Case makes more of an effort than some people think. I think the..."
"Personally, I don't have much client interaction. Mostly I have been proofreading..."
"There are no shortages of opportunities to get involved in pro bono work."
"The pay and exposure to work are both great at White & Case."
"I've had to work long hours and weekends on occasion."
"Guarenteed overseas secondment and the finance law focus attracted me to the firm...."
"The retention rates here are generally high."
"White & Case partners with London Zoo so you are often asked if you can take time..."
"The biggest US law firm in London."
"The firm offers a week of work experience for students from schools in deprived areas...."
"I'd like to be given slightly more of an insight into how the seats are allocated...."