"Global, elite and client-focused."
- There’s a friendly working environment with a strong commitment to improving diversity.
- There are a variety of international opportunities available.
- The work given to trainees gets progressively more complex and interesting as they gain experience.
- The salary is seen as being very fair for the work and hours undertaken.
- Some trainees would like more transparency about seat moves.
- The amount of informal training can vary between departments.
- Hours can be long and fairly unpredictable.
- Some have found their workload can vary widely over time.
What insiders say about...
"Most trainees are recruited through the vacation scheme, which requires an application..."
"The office doesn't always feel very cohesive across the board, but there is a good..."
"I've had monthly training sessions within the department."
"Some associates will really look out for you and take the time to meet up even after..."
"The dress code is quite relaxed and you don't need a suit every day. The facilities..."
"Hours are quite harsh but people don't mind you leaving at a reasonable time when..."
"I think the pay and bonuses are good."
"Your accommodation is paid for on your six months abroad, which is helpful. You get..."
"The application process consisted of an online application, a vacation scheme and..."
"Why White & Case? Why a career in commercial law? I was also asked to explain my..."
"Recycling is encouraged at the firm."
"The work place is very diverse and the firm promotes the cause with a number of groups...."
"I have lots of responsibility as trainee: I run small work streams rather than just..."
"We have a very strong pro bono practice with interesting work mirroring the firm's..."
"The pay and exposure to work are both great at White & Case."
"In some departments I feel that the work/life balance is not the best."
"The overseas secondment definitely attracted me towards the firm."
"If you want to stay on and develop your career at White & Case, then the chances..."
"We are literally on top of the Bank Health Club (a Virgin Active gym), which is expensive..."
"Very international and hardworking with a brilliant client base."
"Trainees come from a variety of backgrounds and universities at the firm and there..."
"More transparency on how decisions are made when a seat is competitive."