"Global, elite and client-focused."
- There’s a friendly working environment with a strong commitment to improving diversity.
- There are a variety of international opportunities available.
- The work given to trainees gets progressively more complex and interesting as they gain experience.
- The salary is seen as being very fair for the work and hours undertaken.
- Some trainees would like more transparency about seat moves.
- The amount of informal training can vary between departments.
- Hours can be long and fairly unpredictable.
- Some have found their workload can vary widely over time.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure you know the firm and be sure about what attracts you to it. It is advisable..."
"The culture varies quite a lot between departments, particularly in the London office...."
"We had basically a whole month of full-time training, so training here has been extremely..."
"Associates are very accessible and partners are quite accessible. Everyone is ready..."
"The dress code is less formal than I thought it would be and business casual is appropriate..."
"When it's quiet you can go off early. However, at busy times they do expect you to..."
"Bonuses are only available at associate level and not at trainee level. Pay is good...."
"We get a £500 budget to spend on wellness per year. This can be used for gym memberships..."
"I would say competition is fierce, however, if you are the right fit for the firm,..."
"I was asked about my professional background and why I was an ideal candidate for..."
"The firm has made more effort to add recycling points."
"There are committees to progress the needs of women and the LGBT community. Issues..."
"The quality of the work depends on the team and the nature of the deal you are working..."
"I have found that the firm is keen on pro bono work. I flew to Malawi for pro bono..."
"The truly international environment, both in terms of colleagues and clients."
"The unpredictable work hours at a junior level can make it difficult to make plans..."
"I wanted to do an overseas seat, I liked the level of pay and I knew that White &..."
"The retention rates are very good (100% for the last rotation) and the firm is expanding...."
"We have a concierge service that can organise anything from restaurant reservations..."
"Prestigious, sociable and rewarding."
"The firm offers a week of work experience for students from schools in deprived areas...."
"I would the firm to introduce bonuses for trainees."