"Diverse, international, welcoming and demanding."
- There’s a friendly working environment with a strong commitment to improving diversity.
- There are a variety of international opportunities available.
- The work given to trainees gets progressively more complex and interesting as they gain experience.
- The salary is seen as being very fair for the work and hours undertaken.
- Some trainees would like more transparency about seat moves.
- The amount of informal training can vary between departments.
- Hours can be long and fairly unpredictable.
- Some have found their workload can vary widely over time.
What insiders say about...
"Be clear in your mind how you might answer certain questions in the interview, and..."
"There's very little face-time culture, with a few exceptions. Teams are quite close-knit..."
"There is general training in IT etc at the beginning and then specific training throughout..."
"I have had good mentoring relationships with partners and associates and generally..."
"The dress code is quite relaxed and you don't need a suit every day. The facilities..."
"There's no face-time culture in my team. I can leave at 6.00 pm or 7.00 pm when it's..."
"I have no complaints regarding salary, as I think that trainees are paid fairly and..."
"We get a £500 budget to spend on wellness per year. This can be used for gym memberships..."
"There was an interview with HR and two associates, followed by one interview with..."
"I had a mixture of commercial questions and questions about my experience and motivation...."
"We have recycling bins everywhere and the lights automatically begin to turn off..."
"There are lots of diversity initiatives across the board."
"There's a lot of substantive work for a first-year trainee. Client interaction includes..."
"There are pro bono awards every year. People have supported the victims of Grenfell..."
"Trainees are guaranteed to be able to work in an international seat."
"Maintaining a work/life balance can be challenging."
"The fact that the firm is international in nature and has a strong banking and finance..."
"Retention rates were previously excellent but have dropped a little this year."
"It's not very 'American'."
"International and friendly."
"The firm take part in several schemes from offering work experience to mentoring..."
"I would personally like to have more sessions with practical advice, and less focus..."