"Friendly, supportive, professional."
- Maintaining a decent work/life balance is encouraged by the firm.
- The levels of responsibility are very good for trainees from the outset.
- The culture at the firm is very friendly, which leads to a pleasant working environment.
- There is high-quality work and opportunities to run your own files.
- Not all trainees get information about their seats as early as they would like.
- Communication within the firm could be improved.
- Some feel that the pay could be more competitive.
- While attention is given to diversity programmes, some trainees feel more could be done.
What insiders say about...
"There is an assessment day to get onto the vacation scheme. There is a negotiation..."
"People organise lots of social events if you want to get involved but everyone understands..."
"Broadly fine. Much of it depends upon the team in which you're sat."
"Managers are quite accessible and the open-door policy is followed. Performance feedback..."
"We're in modern offices and I share an office with my supervisor. The dress code..."
"You are not expected to work beyond your hours if you are quiet. That being said,..."
"The firm's salary is very competitive and the highest for a law firm in Newcastle...."
"You can buy an extra five days of holiday for a total of 30."
"The Assessment Day was from 9:00am to 5:00pm and consisted of a group discussion,..."
"I was asked motivation and competency-based questions."
"There are posters asking you to think before you print but efforts could be greater...."
"The diversity and inclusion week showcases all initiatives in place to encourage..."
"I work with some of the largest businesses in the country and am trusted to complete..."
"I've done legal advice centre work and given financial awareness talks to schools..."
"There's a great atmosphere, friendly staff, a large variety of work and good firm..."
"You don't get to know which seat you're moving into next until one or two weeks before...."
"I met some people related to the firm and they seemed really down to earth."
"Rates are good but I think they could make more of an effort to include more new..."
"The partners host a monthly pop-up pub in London. The themes have been very impressive..."
"Client-focused, commercial and approachable."
"There are corporate social responsibility schemes designed to introduce students..."
"Perhaps the pay could be a little higher for trainees."