"Friendly, approachable and supportive."
- Maintaining a decent work/life balance is encouraged by the firm.
- The levels of responsibility are very good for trainees from the outset.
- The culture at the firm is very friendly, which leads to a pleasant working environment.
- There is high-quality work and opportunities to run your own files.
- Not all trainees get information about their seats as early as they would like.
- Communication within the firm could be improved.
- Some feel that the pay could be more competitive.
- While attention is given to diversity programmes, some trainees feel more could be done.
What insiders say about...
"My tip would be to really know about the firm and what its values are. You can find..."
"I'm quite involved with organising social events, and we get a pretty good turn out..."
"You pick up knowledge quickly due to working directly with partners. I've learned..."
"Each trainee has a mentor as well as a supervisor which is useful as we are able..."
"Our office was recently refurbished and is now very modern and light. It's a great..."
"In one seat I was regularly working from 8.00 am to 7.30 pm because there was a lot..."
"Since Bond Dickinson's merger, the pay for trainees has increased quite significantly...."
"The bonuses are good and we have the ability to work flexibly when needed. This is..."
"The interview process consisted of an application form, online testing, and an assessment..."
"Who are our biggest competitors and what sets us apart from them? Tell us about a..."
"The firm encourages staff to sort their waste into various bins so as to encourage..."
"We recently celebrated diversity and inclusion week, which sought to engage and inform..."
"I have only just started the training contract so I have yet to get to day-to-day..."
"The corporate social responsibility committee tries to engage the wider firm in this..."
"The culture of the firm is excellent and everyone, from secretary to partner, is..."
"While it can be difficult to obtain a seat in a niche area if you are at one of the..."
"The good work/life balance available was a key factor. I also wanted a full-service..."
"Retention rates at the firm are excellent, and people don't leave the firm because..."
"One of the partners in Newcastle, soon to retire, owns the oldest cow in the country...."
"A personal, innovative and value driven firm."
"There are corporate social responsibility schemes designed to introduce students..."
"Ensuring that partners have enough time to be supervisors before giving them the..."