"Relaxed, encouraging and flexible."
- Maintaining a decent work/life balance is encouraged by the firm.
- The levels of responsibility are very good for trainees from the outset.
- The culture at the firm is very friendly, which leads to a pleasant working environment.
- There is high-quality work and opportunities to run your own files.
- Not all trainees get information about their seats as early as they would like.
- Communication within the firm could be improved.
- Some feel that the pay could be more competitive.
- While attention is given to diversity programmes, some trainees feel more could be done.
What insiders say about...
"There's an escape room-style group exercise. I would encourage candidates to emphasise..."
"The Newcastle office has a strongly collegiate atmosphere and a very active social..."
"You pick up knowledge quickly due to working directly with partners. I've learned..."
"The solicitors are all very helpful in my experience. Our office is mostly open-plan..."
"Our dress code is business wear. The Newcastle office is in a great location overlooking..."
"The firm is pretty flexible and even allows working from home."
"I think it needs to be improved and equalised across the network. There are still..."
"Having the pension contributions matched to 5% is a good perk."
"The interview process consisted of an application form, online testing, and an assessment..."
"I was asked about my studies, my interests, why I wanted to do law and why I wanted..."
"The responsible business team has a clear focus on the three Es: Environment, Education..."
"The four partners made up in July 2014 were all female at Bond Dickinson."
"I find that you get more client interaction in some seats than others. You can good..."
"Colleagues have two days of pro bono allowance but there are some who don't use it...."
"The people, the high-quality work and the great culture."
"The firm's identity is not always clear following the merger, and there is some lack..."
"From word of mouth I had heard that the firm was a great place to work for, and the..."
"Although I think that there could be more clarity over NQ salaries to stop trainees..."
"Our name comes from a combination with US firm Womble Carlyle. We have offices across..."
"Exciting, interesting and collegiate."
"There are corporate social responsibility schemes designed to introduce students..."
"More choice when it comes to seat rotations."