"A future focused firm."
- Maintaining a decent work/life balance is encouraged by the firm.
- The levels of responsibility are very good for trainees from the outset.
- The culture at the firm is very friendly, which leads to a pleasant working environment.
- There is high-quality work and opportunities to run your own files.
- Not all trainees get information about their seats as early as they would like.
- Communication within the firm could be improved.
- Some feel that the pay could be more competitive.
- While attention is given to diversity programmes, some trainees feel more could be done.
What insiders say about...
"Application form, assessment centre and vacation scheme is the most common route...."
"The firm's culture is excellent. Everyone is very friendly and the partners are all..."
"There are a number of ongoing training programmes that are not department-specific...."
"The partners are remarkably approachable and friendly. Fee earners from across the..."
"The office in Southampton is light and spacious, with resources and break out rooms..."
"You are not expected to work beyond your hours if you are quiet. That being said,..."
"I currently have no issues but I am less certain about how competitive the new qualifier..."
"Dress-down Fridays and payday drinks are good."
"The assessment day involved a group exercise, an interview, a presentation, role..."
"I was asked to give examples of team work/problem solving, why I chose my degree..."
"I am currently unsure of the firm's efforts to reduce their carbon footprint."
"It's very committed to this and very welcoming of people of all backgrounds."
"I have daily client contact through phone calls and emails and I have worked to achieve..."
"My team seem very involved in its clients initiatives."
"I got lots of responsibility on high-value matters from an early stage. Everyone..."
"There can be uncertainty regarding seat rotations."
"The people and the work environment."
"There is a high retention rate overall but it differs from office to office."
"We have an American partner firm called Womble Carlyle."
"Friendly, hardworking and transatlantic."
"There are corporate social responsibility schemes designed to introduce students..."
"Equal pay for trainees across all regional offices."