"Friendly, hardworking and transatlantic."
- Maintaining a decent work/life balance is encouraged by the firm.
- The levels of responsibility are very good for trainees from the outset.
- The culture at the firm is very friendly, which leads to a pleasant working environment.
- There is high-quality work and opportunities to run your own files.
- Not all trainees get information about their seats as early as they would like.
- Communication within the firm could be improved.
- Some feel that the pay could be more competitive.
- While attention is given to diversity programmes, some trainees feel more could be done.
What insiders say about...
"I would actually try to find ways to relax before the interview. The firm is not..."
"At Bond Dickinson everyone is friendly and approachable no matter how senior or junior..."
"This is generally quite good. All of the trainees start their training contract in..."
"Everyone wants trainees to learn. You are not treated as a burden, but as the future...."
"The office is very spacious and light, and the dress code is suits but every Friday..."
"Later nights come with the territory but the consensus here is that you are not expected..."
"The pay is much better now that the firm has merged."
"We often get free tickets and lots of opportunities to do unusual things such as..."
"I had to do two interviews for my paralegal role, one in front of a senior associate..."
"I was asked to give examples of team work/problem solving, why I chose my degree..."
"There is an environmental committee that promotes reducing waste etc across the firm...."
"The firm is a diverse place to work and I have never encountered anything but positivity..."
"My role enables me to consistently participate in high-quality, City-standard work...."
"I have worked on mentoring schemes and building links with local schools. I have..."
"The people are down to earth and very approachable. There's an active social scene..."
"Communication with HR around matters such as seat rotation could be improved."
"The firm's large private client department set it apart, as well as the location...."
"The firm has good retention rates and tries to keep people as there are usually enough..."
"One of the partners in Newcastle, soon to retire, owns the oldest cow in the country...."
"Talented, friendly and ambitious."
"Bond Dickinson offers several work placements."
"A stronger alignment between the north and south offices could prevent a divide forming...."