"A heavyweight regional firm."
- Maintaining a decent work/life balance is encouraged by the firm.
- The levels of responsibility are very good for trainees from the outset.
- The culture at the firm is very friendly, which leads to a pleasant working environment.
- There is high-quality work and opportunities to run your own files.
- Not all trainees get information about their seats as early as they would like.
- Communication within the firm could be improved.
- Some feel that the pay could be more competitive.
- While attention is given to diversity programmes, some trainees feel more could be done.
What insiders say about...
"Definitely be yourself: it sounds like a cliché but the firm doesn't have a set..."
"The office layout is open-plan and partners' doors are always open. There is a lively..."
"In terms of formal training the Professional Skills Courses are well run, and allow..."
"I think that all solicitors and partners are extremely approachable, and they are..."
"The Newcastle, Leeds and London offices are all impressive buildings in prime locations...."
"As in all law firms, the standard 9.00 am to 5.00 pm doesn't really work. I arrive..."
"Trainees cannot get bonuses for working extra hours and pay is less than at other..."
"Pension contributions, gym membership contributions, occasional treats like free..."
"I worked as a paralegal in the firm and went through the same process of applications..."
"I mostly had CV-based questions, but it is structured more as a conversation rather..."
"This is a bit hit and miss as the ideas are there but the implementation less so...."
"We have a very clear focus on diversity and inclusion. We hold dedicated weeks where..."
"I'm on a secondment and it's great. The first few months were slow but I still got..."
"My team seem very involved in its clients initiatives."
"It's a transatlantic firm full of hard-working individuals and teams, it really does..."
"The pay isn't as high as it could be."
"I worked as a paralegal prior to securing my training contract. This made it clear..."
"There are enough jobs to go around at Bond Dickinson, but importantly, it depends..."
"We have an American partner firm called Womble Carlyle."
"A growing yet friendly firm."
"There are numerous partnership schemes with schools and colleges in the surrounding..."
"Greater transparency in the seat rotation."