"Ambitious, commercial and supportive."
- Maintaining a decent work/life balance is encouraged by the firm.
- The levels of responsibility are very good for trainees from the outset.
- The culture at the firm is very friendly, which leads to a pleasant working environment.
- There is high-quality work and opportunities to run your own files.
- Not all trainees get information about their seats as early as they would like.
- Communication within the firm could be improved.
- Some feel that the pay could be more competitive.
- While attention is given to diversity programmes, some trainees feel more could be done.
What insiders say about...
"Be commercial and research profitability, client relationship management and marketing..."
"We have strong trainee relationships and usually eat lunch with each other every..."
"The professional skills course is well run and organised. In-department training..."
"Staff are very accessible so you just have to find a convenient time for them. Feedback..."
"Our dress code is business wear. The Newcastle office is in a great location overlooking..."
"Your working hours as a trainee are completely dependent on what team you are in..."
"Pay could always be better but it is higher than a lot of firms in the area. Bonuses..."
"Firm events such as Bramham Horse Trials and a Charity Clay Shoot, in addition to..."
"The interview process consisted of an application form, online testing, and an assessment..."
"The interview involved some competency questions mixed with questions about previous..."
"It appears to me not that the firm is not that focused as there are not many recycling..."
"The firm is pushing a diversity and inclusion programme. This is good but still needs..."
"The work varies from day to day within the litigation team. The work can include..."
"We are involved in the Million Makers competition with the Prince's Trust, which..."
"I got lots of responsibility on high-value matters from an early stage. Everyone..."
"The firm's identity is not always clear following the merger, and there is some lack..."
"The people and the work environment."
"Provided there is a job in the department I want, I feel confident that they will..."
"Trainees who competed in The Prince's Trust Million Makers Challenge raised over..."
"Talented, friendly and ambitious."
"The firm has school open days and a mentoring programme."
"More choice when it comes to seat rotations."