"High-quality work with a great social side."
- Maintaining a decent work/life balance is encouraged by the firm.
- The levels of responsibility are very good for trainees from the outset.
- The culture at the firm is very friendly, which leads to a pleasant working environment.
- There is high-quality work and opportunities to run your own files.
- Not all trainees get information about their seats as early as they would like.
- Communication within the firm could be improved.
- Some feel that the pay could be more competitive.
- While attention is given to diversity programmes, some trainees feel more could be done.
What insiders say about...
"I'd advise you to gain commercial awareness and talk about something other than fracking..."
"I think that there is a clear hierarchy in the firm, and staff respect those who..."
"There are training sessions run specifically for trainees, and then we are also invited..."
"From my experience, pretty much everyone has been willing to supervise and provide..."
"The office is a fairly standard open-plan office, which makes it easy to talk to..."
"In my experience, I have found that working hours 9:00am-5:00pm aren't flexible,..."
"The firm's salary is very competitive and the highest for a law firm in Newcastle...."
"There's a fortnightly pop-up pub and our accommodation is paid for while we're on..."
"There was an initial application, psychometric tests, as assessment day for the vacation..."
"Throughout my interview I was asked a lot of questions about my background and interests..."
"It appears to me not that the firm is not that focused as there are not many recycling..."
"The firm has a great approach to diversity. Within the current trainee intake, over..."
"The quality of work I have been involved in has been very high. I frequently work..."
"There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in pro bono work and volunteer...."
"Helpful and supportive colleagues and the friendly atmosphere/environment are real..."
"The pay is slightly less than our competitors at a similar level in the legal sector...."
"I wanted a training contract outside of the City that did not compromise on the quality..."
"Our retention rates are generally very good."
"All of our offices are on rivers."
"Bond Dickinson is ambitious, friendly, dynamic and non-hierarchical."
"Bond Dickinson offers several work placements."
"Equal pay for trainees across all regional offices."