11:45 - 16:30 | Virtual
Not enough boardrooms currently reflect the society that we live in and this needs to change. That’s why targetjobs has partnered with some of the UKs leading law firms to host Aspire, an event to help more Black Heritage students take several steps closer to their dream careers.
Register for the next event taking place on 6 December to begin your journey to the top of the career ladder. Over the course of the day, you’ll have unrivalled facetime with employers, be inspired by talks from senior partners and trainees of Black Heritage, who are ready to share their stories and tips with you. Develop the skills you’ll need to secure your first job through a series of recruiter-led workshops. And leave Aspire with the knowledge and connections to help you on your path to the boardroom.
- Want to build the skills needed to succeed? We’ll help you hone these all-important skills, from writing a CV, to sitting online tests, to attending interviews and assessment centres, through workshops led by the employers themselves.
- Want to find your dream job early on? Meeting and hiring more Black Heritage students is a priority for every single firm attending Aspire. You could even find yourself fast tracked through the application process for a spring week or vacation scheme after the event.
- Want to meet like-minded people? Listen to our panels of trainees and senior partners of Black Heritage, as they share their stories, experiences and advice with you.
- Want to discuss diversity in the workplace? Hear first-hand about equality, diversity and inclusion at each of the firms in attendance and get the chance to ask your own questions.
- Want to grow your professional network? You will be introduced to lots of new people at Aspire – recruiters, graduates, seasoned professionals and fellow students – and you can form invaluable connections that last well beyond the event.
Who can attend?
- Current undergraduate students
- Have an interest in a future career in law
- Studying at a UK university
- From a black heritage background
An introduction to the day from targetjobs
Grad panel Q&A
Put your questions to recent Black Heritage trainees and hear about their experiences. Find out first-hand what their day-to-day entails and discover what made them follow the paths they are on.
To be announced
Attend workshops on writing CVs, sitting online tests and attending interviews and assessment centres. Delivered by the firms themselves, you will get insider insights on the job-hunting process and develop the skills you'll need to succeed.
Senior panel Q&A
Hear from senior business leaders of Black Heritage and learn about their journeys to where they are today. Listen to how their heritage has helped shaped their careers and discover how you could follow in their footsteps
Your final chance to get any questions answers
What else do you need to know
6 December 2021