TARGETjobs are proud to announce that overall event programme partner for the IT’s not just for the boys! 2018/2019 events is BlackRock. Representatives from BlackRock are looking forward to meeting top female technology students at all of our events this autumn and are also hosting two of our three events this year.
BlackRock is a global investment firm, trusted to manage more assets than any other. Its clients are companies, governments, foundations, and millions of individuals saving for retirement, their children’s educations, and a better life. BlackRock is passionate about providing products and services that can help them build a strong financial future. BlackRock employees from around the globe are students of the market and students of technology, respectfully anti-bureaucratic, and innovative at the core.
BlackRock combines the best of being a technology pioneer and financial leader. Since our inception in 1988, we’ve grown from an entrepreneurial start-up into the world’s largest investment manager by putting technology - and continuous innovation - at the heart of our business.
What is Aladdin?
At the heart of BlackRock is a world-class technology system called Aladdin®. It is an unmatched operating platform that unites all the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time and at every step in the investment process. Unlike other financial firms, technology at BlackRock is a profit centre, not a support function, and stands on its own as a fast-growing business. Developers work in teams focused on specific components of Aladdin and use innovative new technologies to build solutions for BlackRock and many Aladdin® clients.
- Aladdin® unifies BlackRock by providing a central technology platform that integrates our investment activities globally
- The system supports the full lifecycle of the investment management process, from quantitative risk management to order entry, trade routing, and settlement
- Aladdin® utilizes sophisticated web services and is built on application servers leveraging distributed systems and tied together by a real-time messaging system
As an Analyst you will:
- Participate in four 6 month assignments on different teams during a two-year rotational program
- Work closely with senior developers and managers in small teams that develop specific parts of the Aladdin platform
- Use cutting edge technologies such as Spark, Storm, Solr, Cassandra, Hadoop, Angular, React, iOS, and more
- Collaborate with colleagues to create innovative products during firm wide hackathons and test your investment knowledge during portfolio challenges
Qualities we look for:
- Students with strong academic backgrounds in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in applying technology towards solving business challenges
- Desire to drive large impact at an industry leading company and interest in working in a high-performance environment