ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Programme Length: Two years
Programme Type: Rotational
Authorisations is the FCA’s supervisory gateway – we decide who can undertake regulated activities in the UK.
As the first point of contact for firms and individuals wanting to provide regulated financial services, working in Authorisations means you’ll see the start of a firm’s supervisory journey. The work is challenging but varied. As a gateway supervisor, you’ll make decisions on whether to approve applications from firms and individuals. We get applications spanning a range of sectors and different financial models, including:
- credit unions
- insurance firms
- non-bank lenders
- debt purchasers and debt management firms
- e-money firms
- investment intermediaries
- firms who want to add wholesale permissions and products to their sales offering
We also decide whether someone is suitable to undertake senior manager functions, such as a CEO or Board Director, and determine their fitness and propriety to hold those roles.
Our Supervision Hub is a key part of the system of supervision and offers a master class in managing customer relations and regulation. The Supervision Hub is an FCA-wide strategic asset that helps to make the FCA accessible. It’s a key tool for sourcing intelligence used across the FCA to strengthen regulation and protect consumers and market integrity. It’s challenging, and it’s seen as one of the best places to learn the business.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
As a graduate in Authorisations you’ll complete the training pathway through our training Academy, which will equip you with all the skills you need.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
We are seeking graduates from any degree discipline. You need to be resilient, using your judgement with an investigatory mind-set. You will be curious and able to gather relevant information whilst building relationships across the organisation. An interest in governance and compliance is beneficial.
WHAT WE OFFER
We’re committed to making the FCA a great place to work. We do this by:
- providing a rewarding environment, recognising that our people are motivated by meaningful work
- maintaining a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, allowing people to develop and progress without barriers
- looking after the well-being of our people, ensuring that they are safe and well and appropriately cared for
- promoting an environment in which people are valued and respected
Beyond this, we offer all our graduates a competitive range of benefits, including:
- Base salary of £34,000
- Flexible working options
- Private health care
- Career and family leave
- Non-contributory pension
- Charity and volunteering initiatives
- Minimum of 25 days’ holiday
- Sports and social clubs
- Subsidised on-site fitness centre (London only)
- Free eye tests
- Subsidised restaurant
- Interest-free season ticket loans.